Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan Hinted to be the Start of Focus on Story

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

IGN has a new interview with Bioware's Jeff Hickman. In the article, he indicates that if Star Wars: The Old Republic players like what they're seeing in Shadow of Revan, they won't be disappointed when they see what 2015 will bring to the game's story.

"This is the first step on the next great story adventure for Star Wars: The Old Republic," Hickman says. "If you like what you see in Shadow of Revan, wait until you see what we have coming for you next year. Next year is our big year."

Read the full interview at the link above.

What do you think about this revelation? Where could the story go next?

Thanks, MMOVet74, for the tip! Participate in the conversation in this forum thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314

WOW+EQ2+SWTOR = Gaming nirvana!!

Can't wait for the Raven release. I love SWTOR stories and I am glad BW is focusing on what they really excel at. 

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Yeah having so much fun in WOW expansion I still haven't gotten my Jedi Guardian to level 55 yet for December 9th, sigh :-)
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

The trailer makes it look likes there's mounted combat...

That would be awesome.

Along with a WZ or more like a mini game/raid of a BG with empire and republic against revans army as a scenario.

And since there's mounted combat... swoop racing?

How long are ppl going to have to wait for swoop racing and pazaak?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• hestahhestah Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I had a break from SWTOR for about 4 months came back last month and have been impressed can't wait for revan expansion
  • FlintsteenFlintsteen Member UncommonPosts: 282

"If you like what you've seen so far,  just wait what will be coming next year.  It will be exiting"

Sounds a lot like SWTOR.   No actual information on upcoming content,  but it will be exiting.

Having said that I'm looking foreward to more story.  I'm hoping 3.0 will be great,  but I'm still not convinced the killing of talent trees was the right decision.  Also with all this class rebalancing I had hoped to have at least some of the classes stuns removed.  Making stuns cleansable will have little/no effect in pvp unless it includes being able to cleance all types of cc. I don't realy see the point of cleansing a 2-3 sec stun.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Incomparable

The trailer makes it look likes there's mounted combat...

That would be awesome.

Along with a WZ or more like a mini game/raid of a BG with empire and republic against revans army as a scenario.

And since there's mounted combat... swoop racing?

How long are ppl going to have to wait for swoop racing and pazaak?

I'm sad to tell you Bioware has already confirmed that they tried to add swoop racing to the game, but the servers are not made for so fast stuff so it could look like you won the race, but the game announces someone else as the winner.

They said they cant resolve it so it quite ikely wont come to the game. Alternative was timed races and then see who has best time, but it did not feel like swoop racing and felt like too much a second grade option.

Swoop racing was one of my most anticipated features I wanted to see in the game since launch, I thought it would be perfect distraction from all the pew pew and a fun feature.

Oh well, lets see what the "big year" brings, still hoping for a solid amount of class content, and more interaction to strongholds, the day will be glorious when we can add hostile NPC's to our places :)