Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Defiance: Aftermath of Season 2

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Pilgrims of the Guiding Light are making their move in Defiance’s latest update “Aftermath”. As the Pilgrims make ready to throw the world into Chaos, the stories continue where Season 2 left and lead us to Season 3. With seven new missions, an arkfall below Silicon Valley, a Thanksgiving Event and new features, this update is jam packed. I had the opportunity to talk with Trick Dempsey, creative Director of Defiance about Aftermath and the future of the game.  

Read more of Franklin Rinaldi's Defiance: Aftermath of Season 2.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

"First thing Trick wanted to talk about was how Aftermath finally made it possible for Defiance to be Free-to-play on the Xbox 360 console, making it the first concurrent MMO that is F2P on all its platforms (Xbox 360, PS3 & PC)."

This...is not true. DCUO is concurrently F2P across PC, PS3, and PS4. Warframe is concurrently F2P across PC, Xbox One, and PS4. World of Tanks is concurrently F2P across PC and Xbox 360, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Defiance is months late to that party. /factcheckplease

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    sooooo nothing on hackers, exploits, and 3rd party users?

turkey launchers.... welcome to F2P
  • garrett53garrett53 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I use to play defiance, but stoped after pervious "major update". Those updates, including aftermatch are pathetic, dont bring anything at all, based on content they bring it should be called a quickfix.
  • SarcanSarcan Writer / StreamerMember UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by mnemic666

This...is not true. DCUO is concurrently F2P across PC, PS3, and PS4. Warframe is concurrently F2P across PC, Xbox One, and PS4. World of Tanks is concurrently F2P across PC and Xbox 360, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

Thank you for pointing out I may have misspoke and needed to verify my information.

My statement of concurrently F2P across all platforms meant that you had a single account and progress regardless of the platform you use and can bounce back and forth on which you play on without having to start over. Also everyone plays together regardless of platform in the world together. Until this update, that was not true for the Xbox but now it is.

The games you listed are available on all platforms but are separate and do not share progress or server space as far as I am aware. Multi-platform does not equal concurrent.

Appreciate you reading the article.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Sarcan

Thank you for pointing out I may have misspoke and needed to verify my information.

My statement of concurrently F2P across all platforms meant that you had a single account and progress regardless of the platform you use and can bounce back and forth on which you play on without having to start over. Also everyone plays together regardless of platform in the world together. Until this update, that was not true for the Xbox but now it is.

The games you listed are available on all platforms but are separate and do not share progress or server space as far as I am aware. Multi-platform does not equal concurrent.

Final Fantasy XIV does!  It's cross platform between PS3/PS4 and PC.

I have account, one subscription fee and can play the same character, same server on both PC and PS4.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Sarcan

Final Fantasy XIV does!  It's cross platform between PS3/PS4 and PC.

I have account, one subscription fee and can play the same character, same server on both PC and PS4.

But it's not F2P.  So his statement still stands.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Defiance is cross play between all platforms now?! Are you sure? Wow... I have to look into that.

• Originally posted by Sarcan

Are you sure? Last time I checked Defiance was not a cross platform game.  And I can't find any news about this change either. All I know, Defiance is a multi platform mmo with different servers for each platform it supports.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by DMKano

Defiance is not cross platform 

The only thing that Defiance can claim is - the first MMO to simultaneously launch on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 concurrently - all launched on April 2nd 2013.

Yeah, this saddens me... I thought I might finally be able to get my friend to try it with me since she has PS3 and I play on PC.