Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazing deal 4.99

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
Wow is on sale for 4.99 levels 1 - 90. Go Blizzard.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Currently the only good wow experience is wod with instant level 90....

the leveling is however medicore at best, wow is the only mmo i play for the endgame

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

the leveling is however medicore at best, wow is the only mmo i play for the endgame

Not for everyone. I enjoy the quests and the storyline.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I have mixed feelings about this.

My problem is I don't want to powerlevel to 90 so I won't get far with 30 days.

At the same time I don't like the idea that my level 20 trial char becomes unavailable once the sub runs out either.

Someone told me about the test server that becomes available when you own the game.

Are there people on that server who play to level 90 and team up or does everyone just use the max level boost for testing?

Harbinger of Fools
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by captainamazing57
    Just resubbed after about 10 years because of the deal. Geez the graphics are crap even at the highest settings.

It's a 10 year old game! :) The graphics have always been a step down in quality compared to other titles to allow others with slower systems to play. Make your way to Draenor (WoD) and the graphics are much better.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651
    It is always amazing deal for new players, what about  veterans?? We never get anything....at least we should have 30 days free time included in to new expansion
    Just resubbed after about 10 years because of the deal. Geez the graphics are crap even at the highest settings.

Maybe the graphic is not the best but  game is still 10 X  better than any other title

• Moguy3Moguy3 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Its holding my interest. Cant say that about anything else out to date.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Amjoco

It's a 10 year old game! :) The graphics have always been a step down in quality compared to other titles to allow others with slower systems to play. Make your way to Draenor (WoD) and the graphics are much better.

I’ve never understood the issue people have with WoW’s graphics, sure some zones look dated (they’re 10 years old) but Wrath onwards still looks great and WoD is yet more impressive.  Now you can hate the aesthetic but the detail, effort and design that goes into WOW’s graphic design is just as good as other ‘recent’ games.  With each expac the game engine is updated to support new tech, how many ‘recent’ games have a 64bit client as WOW does for example?

• dustyfellowdustyfellow Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by palulalula

Maybe the graphic is not the best but  game is still 10 X  better than any other title

as someone who played WoW for a very long time. I actually like FFXIV more.

Originally posted by dustyfellow

as someone who played WoW for a very long time. I actually like FFXIV more.

If your talking about ARR then that's your opinion. I really think it falls short with the FATE system. It seems they copped out and developed it instead of doing what other developers have and made actual quests. 

The current price to level 90 for WoW is $4.99, that's a heck of a deal! It has so much more content than most games, including FFXIV and it's unimaginative FATEs. Sorry, to me they were dull and boring. The rest of the game was pretty good though. I love the entire IP, especially the music and graphics. When they develop actual quests in place of the FATEs I would probably play again.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Link? Anyone? 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

$60  for 10 levels and endgame.  I quit playing console games because of that kind of ratio.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Guess you aint tried EQII then pisses all over Wow for everything, oh yeah and it's free to play once you set up an account.

Asbo

Originally posted by NightBandit

Guess you aint tried EQII then pisses all over Wow for everything, oh yeah and it's free to play once you set up an account.

There's a good reason EQ2 is FTP image

Roll the latest race (panda) to see las expac gfx detail, WoD is a small step up, if you roll an original race sush as dwarf, human, orc etc then you're look at 10 year old enviroments and graphics.

For me gfx only become "nice" when you hit Northrend content and up.

LOL there is not one ''big mmo' i haven't tried and for sure i didn't miss game like EQ2. Good game but not good as wow. WOW 10/10  EQII 8/10

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314

EQ2 is one of my top 5 MMO games but lets get real here.. EQ2 hasn't aged well at all. 

Both MMOS have huge amount of content and players should be happy that they have so much content but no.. f*** that..lets participate in whose e'peen is bigger.

People like you really need to grow out of this 'mine is bigger than yours' mentality and be happy for the choices you have.

I play both EQ2 and WOW.

EQII has pretty poor movement imho, it's no where as smooth as WoWs. Just the overall spell effects and animations are lackluster. It just feels clunky. Also, the population just seems lackluster all the time. I will stick wtih the best. :)

Sure you can play EQII for free, but the restrictions are always there.  Right now WoW is nearly free to purchase up to level 90, and the subscription is worth the $14.99 imho.

I have played EQII and it's a good game, just not as good as WoW. The number of players since 2004 vs now, reflects what others think about this as well. :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Sure you can play EQII for free, but the restrictions are always there.  Right now WoW is nearly free to purchase up to level 90, and the subscription is worth the $14.99 imho.

i like both games - altho i prefer EQ2,  everyone has different tastes

I'm chiming in to clarify that EQ2 has removed almost all restrictions for ftp  (outside of broker / chat)

Originally posted by Nadia

i like both games - altho i prefer EQ2,  everyone has different tastes

I'm chiming in to clarify that EQ2 has removed almost all restrictions for ftp  (outside of broker / chat)

There are still restriction on spells.F2P can not use master versions. F2P are also restricted in gaining 100% AA.

Originally posted by mrneurosis

There are still restriction on  (EQ2) spells.F2P can not use master versions.

no longer true since last month

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/422578/EQ2-enhancements-for-both-ftp-and-subs.html

There are still restriction on  (EQ2) spells.F2P can not use master versions.

no longer true since last month

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/422578/EQ2-enhancements-for-both-ftp-and-subs.html

Cool didn't know they changed that. AA is still stuck at 50%?

Cool didn't know they changed that. AA is still stuck at 50%?

yes the AA slider lock is annoying but there is no experience penalty

but cannot customize how much exp is going to leveling and how much exp is going to AA

otherwise,  i''m sorry for the thread derail

this is about WOWs special offer  image

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Link? Anyone? 

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16940820/give-the-gift-of-warcraft-wow-75-off-on-black-friday-11-25-2014

Lol! Thanks, I'm dumb. I managed to do some creative reading "Amazing" => "Amazon" 

hrm!!!! Might be a thought for one of my kids for xmas, just so I can get him the licenses. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------