Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game Like Eve But Without The PvP ?

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Dicehunter
    Originally posted by zimboy69

i think the problem is  people are not sure what you want if your looking for a space game which you wont get attacked  by players there are a few   starpoint gemini 2   or elite dangerous in  solo mode

but  you really need to think about what you  really want from a game if you dont want to get hurt by other players  then  you probably got to play a single player game

Well I don't have a problem with PvP as long as it's fully optional,  As in you physically have to press a button to flag yourself for PvP, Being attacked as soon as you get out of the starting dock by someone with a ship the size of a planet followed by "Welcome to Eve noob" isn't exactly something I'd call fun :P

Another one of these made up things anti pvp people claim happens all the time. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Originally posted by bcbully

i think the problem is  people are not sure what you want if your looking for a space game which you wont get attacked  by players there are a few   starpoint gemini 2   or elite dangerous in  solo mode

but  you really need to think about what you  really want from a game if you dont want to get hurt by other players  then  you probably got to play a single player game

Well I don't have a problem with PvP as long as it's fully optional,  As in you physically have to press a button to flag yourself for PvP, Being attacked as soon as you get out of the starting dock by someone with a ship the size of a planet followed by "Welcome to Eve noob" isn't exactly something I'd call fun :P

I can see this happening since I was recently pod killed in hi-sec space for the crime of using the games auto-pilot mechanic. All I got was a message from concord giving me permission to seek revenge. Yea like I'm going to go through 10-15 warp gates to retrieve my navy Raven then travel through another 10-15 warp gates hoping to run into the asshat image

• hfamgamerhfamgamer Member UncommonPosts: 64

So I've tried EVE quite a few times but I tend to get blown up a lot by people who have HUGE ships even in what's been called friendly space which to be honest doesn't make a game enjoyable for me.

Is there a game out there that's like EVE but without the non optional PvP aspect ?

Any info is appreciated :)

Maybe try this?

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    There is none.  Thing is majority of these indie studio's and Makers of Sandbox style games have this silly notion that PvP must be the forefront of their game.  I suggest you stay vigilant in your outspokenness to this crazy notion and vocal in your support for a PvE centric sandbox.  It is why I'll never change my sig.

If PvP is the main feature/selling point in a sandbox game then it can't be that good of a sandbox.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by hfamgamer
    Originally posted by bcbully

I can see this happening since I was recently pod killed in hi-sec space for the crime of using the games auto-pilot mechanic. All I got was a message from concord giving me permission to seek revenge. Yea like I'm going to go through 10-15 warp gates to retrieve my navy Raven then travel through another 10-15 warp gates hoping to run into the asshat image

You did not want those expensive implants anyways... Lol. Yeah, killing pods with expensive implants in empire is all the rage. Fun times.

God I love EVE.