Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are close to 100mil that are required to finish the game

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Erillion
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

This is not without reason. So far we have not seen any MMO make it though the funding to a released game. We have seen one funded project end up as drug money and another the Yog cast team started that was all smoke and no substance. Their game company was one guy that went MIA and 500k of funding just gone and no game. I sure hope this game works out for the community as its about time one did work out lol

As Star Citizen is not an MMO its best compared to other crowdfunded games.

That it is not an MMO is even written in the FAQ on the WIKI :

"Is Star Citizen an MMO?
    No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience."

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

For comparison  Wasteland 2 is an excellent example. Well received by gamers and media alike.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_2

A very good game, selling well, with an 81 rating on Metacritic. Crowdfunded like SC. Project start was February 16, 2012. And like SC, it experienced some delays :   "After the postponement of the original release date from October 2013, it was released on September 19, 2014."

So IMHO when it comes to Star Citzen:   be patient, enjoy the "Making of .." and playtesting time and look forward to a great game, probably even better than Wasteland 2.

Have fun

Way to miss the point of my post but thanks for the info =-) I personally wont touch this game till it releases and gets an OK from the community here. 

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

they have money for 10 X Star Citizens , this game must to be 10/10 in space sim genre,

everything less is fail

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

This is not without reason. So far we have not seen any MMO make it though the funding to a released game. We have seen one funded project end up as drug money and another the Yog cast team started that was all smoke and no substance. Their game company was one guy that went MIA and 500k of funding just gone and no game. I sure hope this game works out for the community as its about time one did work out lol

Erillion post **snip**

Way to miss the point of my post but thanks for the info =-) I personally wont touch this game till it releases and gets an OK from the community here. 

Correct me if I am wrong ... the point of your first post was that many crowdfunded and/or early access MMO game projects ended in dismal failure, often due to intentional criminal behaviour. And you expressed your hope that once upon a time such an MMO project ends in a success story.  You even suggested SC to be that MMO success (however, SC is not an MMO by its own definition).

As a follow up to your post, i suggested an example of a very successful crowdfunded game. So by this example there are not only gangsters out there, trying to scam you for your money. There are also some very dedicated teams working on some great games, although sometimes they face delays (which is perfectly normal for this industry).

I hope to see you "in the Verse" once this game has launched.

Have fun

Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

this game must to be 10/10 in space sim genre,

That is what they aim for once the Persistent Universe is up and running.

Personally i guess you cannot please EVERYONE for 100 %. Because 650.000+ people have different points of view on what they consider a 10/10 success. So some will be pleased, some will be bitching.  Thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Have fun

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166

The backers of this game are more or less satisfied with what CIG has done so far, we continue to grow and fund the game more, that's really all that matters. We will help CIG create a game that we will enjoy, and after it is released you can spew your negativity on the next game. People that don't back the game or don't stay informed are pretty much non-factors.

There are already enough people backing the game to continue the development up to and after release so all arguments about it's success or failure will surely fall on deaf ears, we only hear the sounds of success. Some people in the entirety of their lives will never understand the power of faith. Most of us backing the game have faith in CR and CIG.

*Points at Germinlit*

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/54054540.jpg

;-)     (Totally NOT thinking about anyone in particular here *** cough cough *** ;-)

http://www.troll.me/images/neo/bitch-please.jpg

Have fun  (from me and my 660.000+ buddies  :-D )

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Honestly this is becoming more and more like a shady pyramid scheme. 

.image

@LazyDazed ... well said ....

Have fun

Originally posted by LazyDazed

The backers of this game are more or less satisfied with what CIG has done so far, we continue to grow and fund the game more, that's really all that matters. We will help CIG create a game that we will enjoy, and after it is released you can spew your negativity on the next game. People that don't back the game or don't stay informed are pretty much non-factors.

There are already enough people backing the game to continue the development up to and after release so all arguments about it's success or failure will surely fall on deaf ears, we only hear the sounds of success. Some people in the entirety of their lives will never understand the power of faith. Most of us backing the game have faith in CR and CIG.

Are you sure this cult stuff is healthy? I mean really is it healthy? 

Originally posted by Siug

Please explain.

The definition of a pyramid scheme is :

"In a pyramid scheme, an organization compels individuals to make a payment and join. In exchange, the organization promises its new members a share of the money taken from every additional member that they recruit."

To my knowledge no Star Citizen backer has been promised a share of the money taken from every new backer. In fact, there is NO reward whatsoever for recruiting additional members.

Have fun

• nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242
    THIS. IS. MADNESS. 

Please explain.

The definition of a pyramid scheme is :

"In a pyramid scheme, an organization compels individuals to make a payment and join. In exchange, the organization promises its new members a share of the money taken from every additional member that they recruit."

To my knowledge no Star Citizen backer has been promised a share of the money taken from every new backer. In fact, there is NO reward whatsoever for recruiting additional members.

Have fun

Yup I can explain. You gave a simple definition of a pyramid scheme but there are always variations. Like selling promises of a better life in future if you cough out some money. This gang here is selling jpgs. A month ago someone posted about a USD 2000+ ship and he was laughed out, now it's a reality. This very thread is about pumping out some more cash. They've got 60 million and by now they should have at least something to show other than jpgs with a price tag. If you don't like "pyramid scheme" then I give you monorail project from the Simpsons.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This is directed at all the NAIVE and fanbois...

Has Chris ever i mean ever laid out the EXACT precise game plan for the design or is it all vague statements and "just sell them more ships" they will buy them no matter what?

When FFXIV went on the revamp,they posted an entire year worth of incoming design content,this SHOULD be the case for ANY reputable developer.If they cannot lay out the exact design plans,they should never be trusted.

I am perfectly fine on secrecy if the developers NOT taking money from simple gamer's.If they are claiming the NEED the gamer's money then they should be able to spell out EXACTLY what that need is without vague statements that really say nothing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

.image

@LazyDazed ... well said ....

Have fun

I like yours better

CIG has laid open its plans in EXCRUTIATING detail for the last 2 years ... if one cares to read. These plans changed over time as the scope of the project changed, but CIG has always been open about the changes. This might be a good starting point for people seeking information: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And to the poster who claims Star Citizen is only jpg pictures of ships .... you are so 2011 ;-)   May i recommend a magical thing called "Google" before you make such claims. Just ... try it ... will ya ?

Have fun

CIG has laid open its plans in EXCRUTIATING detail for the last 2 years ... if one cares to read. These plans changed over time as the scope of the project changed, but CIG has always been open about the changes. This might be a good starting point for people seeking information: http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And to the poster who claims Star Citizen is only jpg pictures of ships .... you are so 2011 ;-)   May i recommend a magical thing called "Google" before you make such claims. Just ... try it ... will ya ?

Have fun

Expecting people to read.........bwahahahahaha

Have fun

I guess that poster would be me. Nah, I cannot google because I'm computer illiterate. Then again I may be wrong when saying that dev talk equals complete bullshit. So far it's been a complete bullshit. Always. Maybe it isn't this time...if you fork out more millions of course. Who knows, I'm just an average simpleton.

Have fun

I guess that poster would be me. Nah, I cannot google because I'm computer illiterate. Then again I may be wrong when saying that dev talk equals complete bullshit. So far it's been a complete bullshit. Always. Maybe it isn't this time...if you fork out more millions of course. Who knows, I'm just an average simpleton.

Pretty sure I would get another ban if I responded to this how I would like to.

<

Originally posted by nebb1234
    THIS. IS. MADNESS. 

Close. 

THIS.IS."SPIDER" !

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130303151416/starcitizen/images/1/18/Spider_Cathcart_ConceptArt_Final_021513_thumb.jpg

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Spider

Have fun

cool! When are you coming to pick me up and give me a ride? Where do you park that thing? Impressive, so say the least!!!

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by nebb1234
    THIS. IS. MADNESS. 

Or as The Great Wahooka said: "More ! You must give me more !" ;)

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    70 000 000 for outsorcing

Tiny little tip:

that text is in EVERY documentation of EVERY computer software company worldwide. Not only games.

Welcome to the real world.

Have fun

Tiny little tip:

that text is in EVERY documentation of EVERY computer software company worldwide. Not only games.

Welcome to the real world.

Have fun

wow. you must have a lot of time on your hands, reading through the terms of service agreement. Let alone for one game, but EVERY piece of software that exists?! You're awesome dude you must be a speed reader!

Props!!!!!!!!!!!