Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: "An Invitation to Demonic Possession"

2»

Comments

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    I got possesed playing wakfu and started smoking that killer weed. True story....
  • Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

I agree, ArcheAge = Demonic Possession, and Trion is the Devil!

Ok, I will watch the vid now.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I can't watch this guy's show at all. He's so a century late in almost everything when it comes to the general views of society that it's painful to watch him speak. It's like everything he says is an insult. He still thinks woman should be in the kitchen and raising children, unless they are doing "God's work."

Smile

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Holst86
    Originally posted by Anthur

Isn't this topic against your own rules ?

http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

Anyway, I don't think this thread will end well or lead to anything... better keep religion out of this forum. Your own rules make sense.

^Agreed.

If you think this guy is a wacko you should seriously check what some imaans are saying. But that might be too political incorrect for you Ford...

If those Immams start talking smack about video games, then making fun of them, and observing their stupidity, is fair game, especially on this site.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

Not surprising.

Whether religion or politics, certain groups have always tried to subvert and chastise others for doing (and enjoying) things they don't agree with.

Call it, 'human nature'   image

SImple as that ^

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

While I am not religious, I am spiritual. I believe that your thoughts affect yourself and the world around you.

I don't think you can be possessed by games, however certain games can invite bad karma. If you get off to violence and killing others, even in a game, then that can seriously mess you up. Yeah it's not real, but with your intention behind it, it may as well be. I am of the opinion that video games do not make someone violent. Most violent people I know have never played a video game in their life.

Now MMOs; where you kill little pixelated people and creatures and there is no real blood/gore... I can't imagine these types of games being the worst culprit for this type of perversion. To the majority, it's just a game, a world to explore and survive and to be friendly and/or competitive with others.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Anyway, I don't think this thread will end well or lead to anything... better keep religion out of this forum. Your own rules make sense.

^Agreed.

If you think this guy is a wacko you should seriously check what some imaans are saying. But that might be too political incorrect for you Ford...

lol, that's funny. You have to wonder why the gamersgate victims aren't protesting this one, or are they?

Originally posted by laserit

^Agreed.

I guess... just like the Bible or the Qu'ran, it's open to interpretation.

On a more serious note. I don't think showing what a nut jobs belief on video gaming is, has much to do with religion.

A nut job = A nut job...  no matter what god or book you pray to.

What if he's not wrong, is he still a nut job? The "people fear what they don't understand" goes both ways. Some guy is afraid of what he doesn't understand, and in turn those who are misunderstood react in fear with scoffing and mocking.

We play games where we pretend people are possessed by demons and spirits, where we try and enact genocide, where we take on the personas of otherworldly or fantastic creatures and act out their personalities. We create lores where arcane and fantastic creatures and powers exist. Are people so myopic to think that others don't raise their eyebrows at this or question its moral or spiritual effects when it is so alien to them? On a certain level we invite this sort of attention and then marvel when we get it.

There is a reason my D&D playing, rock and roll listening to, friends and I were discreet about our interests as kids. The 70's were a much less kind and forgiving time than we live in now.

Kind of sounds too much like real world history  image

Nut job would be more of an opinion image

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• CalexCalex Member UncommonPosts: 99
    So glad I'm an Atheist and don't believe in demons, I'm safe.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I thought this might be a new raid in AA....or maybe it is......hmm...
This discussion has been closed.