Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR 3.0 Change to commendations

Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Dulfy posted about changes to commendations in 3.0

http://dulfy.net/2014/10/27/swtor-bioware-explains-commendation-changes-in-3-0/

In summary:

Planetary and Classic Commendations no longer exist. All current Planetary and Classic Commendations will become Basic.

All Elite and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. Elite and Ultimate Commendations still exist but you will need to earn them anew in 3.0.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Comments

• Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Other MMOs could take a note from this (I'm looking at you TSW)

You don't need to create a whole new currency every time you release new content, it makes things much less confusing for new/returning players.

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Originally posted by Siris23

You don't need to create a whole new currency every time you release new content, it makes things much less confusing for new/returning players.

^Agreed

this seems to be the general trend in some games however; make a new currency system; let the system run for a while; wipe and refresh on a content release. I don't think this type of thing is bad, but I do wonder why they do it in the first place. I guess it could be to just introduce something new for player to toil over. "Carrot on a stick" flavor of the month sort of thing.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones

^Agreed

this seems to be the general trend in some games however; make a new currency system; let the system run for a while; wipe and refresh on a content release. I don't think this type of thing is bad, but I do wonder why they do it in the first place. I guess it could be to just introduce something new for player to toil over. "Carrot on a stick" flavor of the month sort of thing.

Well in this games case , they said some months ago that they hated the commendations system in the game . So this is the outcome , they are getting rid of some more categories of comms. The only worry I have is what the conversion rates will be and yes it does seem quite complicated to work out or even guess at this point.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Amen to that.

I think TSW has even more different currencies than City of Heroes had at some point.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Star Trek online with its 6 different marks could use this kind of update also. But we are talking about PWE/Craptic here. My problem with swotor was it taking 50 lightsaber hits to kill anything. And the to long cooldown on skills. When they improve that i would gladly sub to the game.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

They had better be uping the comm limit or this is going to suck!!

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    I remember when each planet had it's own commendation. This change seem's like good new's, but I also wonder what the conversion rate is going to be for existing currencies.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    RIFT could learn a few things from this... the game has a million currencies, its retarded!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
    Originally posted by orionblack

They had better be uping the comm limit or this is going to suck!!

Well they are keeping the basic comms limit at 1000 but there will be a temporary increase , please read below.

Hey folks,

As many of you know, there are changes coming to Commendations in 3.0. I talked about this a little bit previously,here, and one thing that came from that post were more questions. I thought I would make a one stop-shop post on Commendations in 3.0 and what would happen to them, so here we go!

• All Basic, Classic, Planetary, Elite, and Ultimate Commendations that you have will become Basic Commendations. more on this below
    • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
    • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations are remaining exactly as they are now, and any Commendations you have will carry over to 3.0.
    • *Important* Any items that you have purchased prior to 3.0 that have a refund timer will become bound to you with the 3.0 update.

Quick note on all of the PvE Commendations collapsing into Basic. The conversion rate of each Commendation will vary, both above and below 1:1 most likely. We are still working out exactly what those conversion rates are but I will get you that info before 3.0. I know one of the concerns is what the Basic Commendation cap will become. The plan right now is that the cap will remain 1,000, however, when the conversions happen in 3.0 we will allow that number to go higher, temporarily.

Once we nail down those exact numbers I will let you know so you can plan accordingly. Thanks everyone.

-eric

So I posted in this thread 14 days ago and I'm still none the wiser what to plan or even do for these last 14 days before early access , not a happy bunny at all. I have 8 characters that will have over 1000 basic , but really want to know the conversion rates so I can spend some on my lower geared 55's. Then I will be stronger for these 2 weeks to help with playing the game.

O well I wait *snoozes*.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

So the conversion rates are in and well I am going to do low level heroics for the next 7 days wooo hoo enjoy and maybe update the OP.

Here goes everyone. Here is the information on the conversion rates around Basic Comms and what will happen when 3.0 launches. Just to reiterate for those unaware, here are the basic changes coming to Commendations:

• All PvE Commendations will become Basic Commendations in 3.0.
    • The Commendation types "Classic" and "Planetary" are being removed from the game.
    • The types "Elite" and "Ultimate" will remain but the current Comms you have will become Basic.
    • Warzone and Ranked Warzone Commendations remain untouched.

Here are the conversion rates for all Commendations.

• 2 Classic Commendations = 1 Basic Commendation
    • 1 Basic Commendation = 1 Basic Commendation
    • 1 Elite Commendation = 2 Basic Commendations
    • 1 Planetary Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations
    • 1 Ultimate Commendation = 3 Basic Commendations

The Basic Commendation cap will remain at 1000. However, when the conversions happen we will allow you to go up to 2000 Commendations. Note that until you go below 1000 again, you will be unable to earn any Basic Commendations. This includes if you buy an item and try to refund it. You must go below 1000 before you can earn more.

There ya go folks! All of the details and conversion rates on Basic Comms in 3.0.

-eric

source - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7821913#post7821913

Cheers ,

BadOrb.