Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need to play an MMORPG.

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

Me and my gf need a game to play. Here is a list of games I've already played. I'm fine with revisiting games. I'd rather not pay a sub, but I'll look into that option. Also, a list of requirements.

Games I've played.

WoW - Played since Vanilla... Sometimes you just need to move to something new. The game also became heavily watered down and PVP basically became non existent in the open world after arenas and dungeon finder was released.

EQ - It's just really old, and dated.

EQ2 - The f2p model is pretty terrible, and the PVP was never anything to write home about.

UO - Not looking for something quite this dated.

FFXI - One of the BEST mmo's I've ever played, without PVP. Abyssea destroyed what I loved about it.

FFXIV - It's not FFXI 2, its WoW with a FF skin, without the PVP.

SWtOR - The player base seemed to die pretty quick.

GW2 - No world PVP, only instanced.

AOC - I had high hopes for this. It was just way too restrictive.

WAR - Just couldn't get into it.

FE - Combat was clunky. Player base seemed dead.

LOTRO - No PVP. Combat is clunky. My GF might like it though, she's never played it.

TERA - Community was horrible and the combat system got old after a while. Gave me a headache.

Archeage - Still playing this, but too much emphasis on crafting. It takes forever to craft anything, If I want a farming game I'll play farm story on my phone. 

Aion - Beta tested, wasn't too impressed

Rift - Was still into WoW at the time, so this felt like i was just playing wow.

ESO - Liked it alot, but didn't feel it was ready to be a sub game.

DF - Could have been great, implemented horribly.

MO - Yeah.. just no.

DAOC - I missed this during its hey day, tried it a few times but just wasn't enough people playing.

SHADOWBANE - I really enjoyed this while it was around.

and a whole slew of other Korean or other MMO's that I can't even remember.

Requirements

- Open World PVP of some sort (WoW's system is ok.)

- Decent player base

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Jeez, with so many MMOS played, did you actually like any of them?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Robokapp

can you give a short sentence next to each as to why you're not playing it now?

your post is too vague. you list WoW, then in requirements say WoW system is okay.

So the logical thing for me to say is "play WoW" unless you tell me why that's not acceptable.

I'd play WoW again, but I need a good reason to come back after being away for over 3 years.

Currently playing:

• RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78

Jeez,

Reason to come back...Hmmm... They just dropped a HUGE new release that has players coming back in droves.

Reason enough?

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by raystantz
    Me and my gf need a game to play. Here is a list of games I've already played. I'm fine with revisiting games. I'd rather not pay a sub, but I'll look into that option. Also, a list of requirements. Games I've played.WoW - Played since Vanilla... Sometimes you just need to move to something new. The game also became heavily watered down and PVP basically became non existent in the open world after arenas and dungeon finder was released.EQ - It's just really old, and dated.EQ2 - The f2p model is pretty terrible, and the PVP was never anything to write home about.UO - Not looking for something quite this dated.FFXI - One of the BEST mmo's I've ever played, without PVP. Abyssea destroyed what I loved about it.FFXIV - It's not FFXI 2, its WoW with a FF skin, without the PVP.SWtOR - The player base seemed to die pretty quick.GW2 - No world PVP, only instanced.AOC - I had high hopes for this. It was just way too restrictive.WAR - Just couldn't get into it.FE - Combat was clunky. Player base seemed dead.LOTRO - No PVP. Combat is clunky. My GF might like it though, she's never played it.TERA - Community was horrible and the combat system got old after a while. Gave me a headache.Archeage - Still playing this, but too much emphasis on crafting. It takes forever to craft anything, If I want a farming game I'll play farm story on my phone. Aion - Beta tested, wasn't too impressedRift - Was still into WoW at the time, so this felt like i was just playing wow.ESO - Liked it alot, but didn't feel it was ready to be a sub game.DF - Could have been great, implemented horribly.MO - Yeah.. just no.DAOC - I missed this during its hey day, tried it a few times but just wasn't enough people playing.SHADOWBANE - I really enjoyed this while it was around.and a whole slew of other Korean or other MMO's that I can't even remember. Requirements- Open World PVP of some sort (WoW's system is ok.)- Decent player base

Same here + I would add - EvE Online, If you find something good tell me ;) Waiting for EQN.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Originally posted by DMKano

Games I'd recommend from your list

AoC

Aion

Archeage

Those would be my picks for open world PvP

Nice list...minus AA and Aion

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Ravensworth

Jeez,

Reason to come back...Hmmm... They just dropped a HUGE new release that has players coming back in droves.

Reason enough?

If the game is the same as it was when I left, then a new expansion doesn't change anything.

Currently playing: