Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Game Like Eve But Without The PvP ?

So I've tried EVE quite a few times but I tend to get blown up a lot by people who have HUGE ships even in what's been called friendly space which to be honest doesn't make a game enjoyable for me.

Is there a game out there that's like EVE but without the non optional PvP aspect ?

Any info is appreciated :)

Comments

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

A territory control, PvP & economy based game without PvP?

Now, should I break it for him or will someone else will?

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No pvp, no fun. ^^
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• Originally posted by Neherun

Sorry I should of been more specific, A game like EVE without the PvP and territory based gameplay :)

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i think the problem is  people are not sure what you want if your looking for a space game which you wont get attacked  by players there are a few   starpoint gemini 2   or elite dangerous in  solo mode

but  you really need to think about what you  really want from a game if you dont want to get hurt by other players  then  you probably got to play a single player game

• Originally posted by zimboy69

i think the problem is  people are not sure what you want if your looking for a space game which you wont get attacked  by players there are a few   starpoint gemini 2   or elite dangerous in  solo mode

but  you really need to think about what you  really want from a game if you dont want to get hurt by other players  then  you probably got to play a single player game

Well I don't have a problem with PvP as long as it's fully optional,  As in you physically have to press a button to flag yourself for PvP, Being attacked as soon as you get out of the starting dock by someone with a ship the size of a planet followed by "Welcome to Eve noob" isn't exactly something I'd call fun :P

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    I think sandbox  MMO or sandbox MP or  sandbox co op games  cant work withouth PvP,it is all about players interactions in any way
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Im waiting for a PvE sandbox game myself.  Currently playing Project Gorgon which is fairly close. It has optional PvP but is not main focus of the game. It is currently in alpha so very much a work in progress. Of course, it is not space themed.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Dicehunter
    Originally posted by Neherun

Sorry I should of been more specific, A game like EVE without the PvP and territory based gameplay :)

Then it is not like EVE... You have just taken the heart out of the game. Without it everything else in the game does not matter anymore.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

That would be a contadiction. What makes EVE unique is that it does have PvP. You can't have a game like EVE without PvP. I'm sorry but that's how it is. I would love for there to be one since I prefer sci-fi to fantasy and I don't like PvP.

One key part of the game IMHO is that stuff gets destroyed. I don't see that in other games and because of that, the game economy has problems. In EVE there will always be demand for resources and that's because of the PvP, it would not be effective without it.

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by hfztt

Then it is not like EVE... You have just taken the heart out of the game. Without it everything else in the game does not matter anymore.

People say this bunk. Play a game and do not even realize that the majority live and play in hi-sec. And do not PVP much if any at all.

So the truth here is if all the NON pvp peeps leave the game the game goes away. So who and what matters in the end?

It is for sure that if they opened a NON pvp server.. you would be in a VERY different game. Same thing people who think sandbox IS PVP. So not true.

If a decent space games comes along that has non- or strictly flagged PVP...Eve will be in serious trouble. Trouble is that one word...Decent.  Until then, Eve does well since the field is so limited for all those people who want something else.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

People say this bunk. Play a game and do not even realize that the majority live and play in hi-sec. And do not PVP much if any at all.

So the truth here is if all the NON pvp peeps leave the game the game goes away. So who and what matters in the end?

It is for sure that if they opened a NON pvp server.. you would be in a VERY different game. Same thing people who think sandbox IS PVP. So not true.

If a decent space games comes along that has non- or strictly flagged PVP...Eve will be in serious trouble. Trouble is that one word...Decent.  Until then, Eve does well since the field is so limited for all those people who want something else.

Funnily enough, i would quite like to see a none PVP orientated sandbox or even Theme park sci/fi space game, i'd probably still play Eve, but something along the lines of Earth and Beyond wouldn't be unwelcome imo image

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    play FTL faster than light
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    EVE's economy only functions because tons of people are blowing each other up (especially the people that suicide 50b high-sec mission ships).

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Although pvp is a solid method for driving a sandbox economy, you could equally have wear and tear on items just like real life (ideal for a sandbox) + consensual pvp only zones - best of both worlds and it gets rid of the gank donkeys and the arses out there.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    + carrying illegal goods = fair game if caught ^^ :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    There is none.  Thing is majority of these indie studio's and Makers of Sandbox style games have this silly notion that PvP must be the forefront of their game.  I suggest you stay vigilant in your outspokenness to this crazy notion and vocal in your support for a PvE centric sandbox.  It is why I'll never change my sig.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    I think sandbox  MMO or sandbox MP or  sandbox co op games  cant work withouth PvP,it is all about players interactions in any way

Tell that to Asheron's Call.

This notion that Sandbox must include PvP is a misnomer and needs to be squelched at its earliest level.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Yes, i spend more of my time in hi-sec than anywhere else, but I realize the bulk of my activities support the PVP side of the game.  All the ore I mine and sell, the tech 4 and Pirate modules I farm from escalations, deadspace complexes and missions frequently end up sold to and blow up by people who PVP.

And sometimes I even PVP, since war decs can happen at any time, and on occasion I join roams into dangerous space just for lulz.

Apparently the non-PVP's find no issue with the playing EVE, they are doing so now, and unlike the OP, not doing it wrong.  Even though we lose ships to code and suicide gankers, we understand the risks and accept it is our responsibility to learn how to minimize (not eliminate them)

It would be a totally messed up game, in fact, there would be no reason to play the game, the PVP/territory control is the entire game and yes, not just sandboxes but even theme parks, without these two elements, what exactly is the point? Nothing.

EVE will be just fine and still around long after SC and ED launch, we who play EVE do so for a reason, and it's not to be overly concerned about PVP, we know how to control our circumstances.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

Tell that to Asheron's Call.

This notion that Sandbox must include PvP is a misnomer and needs to be squelched at its earliest level.

Tell that to the folks who played Darktide.

There's a good reason why no one really copies the AC1 PVE model, just not popular enough to do so.

Territory control and denial of the same, what MMORPG's are all about, regardless whether sandbox or theme park.

Anything else is just for "fun", and in the end, pointless.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410

Oh for god's sake, just suggest the guy a space simulator with cool ships and space exploration and combat and be done with it. Stop trying to make EVE something that it isn't. 

Once E:D and SC are out, you'll all regret everything you've said so far.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Why does everything have to be an argument?

Instead of arguing his point just see that he is looking for "territory control", "Trading", etc.but no pvp. That's what he's asking. Why not just answer it? HE might have used EVE as the example but that was what he had to offer as his only example.

Forest form the trees people.

@OP; I know of no mmo that has territory control against NPC opponents. There are mmo's that have pvp components, limited territory control (not space games) through sieges but you can't expand that control except to just take over another castle.

There are of course single player games that do a great job with space territory control such as the Galactic Civilizations games or Masters of Orion 1 and 2.

Maybe Sins of a solar empire as well.

As for mmo's? I know of none that offer opt in pvp in space with territory control There could very well be one but I have yet to see it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    There is none.  Thing is majority of these indie studio's and Makers of Sandbox style games have this silly notion that PvP must be the forefront of their game.  I suggest you stay vigilant in your outspokenness to this crazy notion and vocal in your support for a PvE centric sandbox.  It is why I'll never change my sig.

Try Trove - the devs have confirmed that PvP will never be added and that it will remain a 100% PvE sandbox game.

Hardly a game "like Eve but without the PvP" is it, which is what the OP wants and which I wouldn't mind either.

Star Citizen might fit the bill but it's hard to tell from the early stage the game is in.  It's great fun to play - especially with a voice-command program such as VoiceAttack - but it's too early to tell if what has been promised will be delivered.  Games change so much during their release stages that what was faithfullly promised in the way of game mechanisms and their implementation sometimes doesn't make it to final release.  I have pretty high hopes thus far.

• DesirsarDesirsar Member UncommonPosts: 117

I think I can articulate for the OP what he wants together with what it would take to produce it...

A space game where your character is "on the same side" as all the other player characters, your character would never betray that "side", so you, the player, are not allowed to. Mechanically enforced roleplay.

Don't think that can happen in EVE? Log on to the version of EVE licensed for China. It's not even artificially enforced, and everyone plays that way. That example aside, it would not be impossible to make a space game with a similar economy and character skill development, but it'd be a hell of a lot harder making that game as engaging and keeping subscribers around. Possible, but a lot more challenging and probably a lot less profitable.

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Op you can try starpoint gemini 2 if you like you want the EVE feeling but without actually being it.

• EcnaliEcnali Member CommonPosts: 49
    The game you are looking for is called Star Wars Galaxies. A complex player-based economy with fun space game as well. Too bad, alas, you will never get to experience it. Rest in peace, SWG, I miss you.