Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NDA to be lifted off in December

HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708

According to their Art Director, the NDA will be lifted in December : https://www.therepopulation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6500#p81736

That, coupled with the lowering of the backing-level required to access testing to $25 (the minimum backing level in this phase) a bit later this month means, I would think, that the game is going Beta soon :)

Comments

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    I thought it was being releasedDecember 2nd?
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

Where did you get that date from? The game is still in Alpha and they have yet to publish a date for Beta, even less for release, hehe.

• SevensoddSevensodd Member Posts: 322
    Originally posted by Holyavenger1
    Originally posted by Sevensodd

Where did you get that date from? The game is still in Alpha and they have yet to publish a date for Beta, even less for release, hehe.

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=17479

I haven't really looked much into the game and that was one of the first links to pop up after I googled "The Repopulation Release Date"

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I can definitely confirm that the game isn't shipping on December 2nd. A new stage of testing and the NDA lift will begin around that time, but the game is still a ways from launch.
  • XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by JC-Smith
    I can definitely confirm that the game isn't shipping on December 2nd. A new stage of testing and the NDA lift will begin around that time, but the game is still a ways from launch.

Is launch happening in the first half of 2015, based on your estimations?

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by XAleX360

Keep in mind this isn't an official date or anything like that, our official date is "when it's ready", but I think middle of the year is more realistic.  There's a lot of content, polish, animation work, bug fixing to do. It's so hard to give estimated dates with MMOs because they seldomly get met unless it's due to a game being rushed out by a firm date.

Feature wise there's a few things left (world map is still a work in progress, can't dig underground layers yet in cities are the two main things), but at this point its mostly  just us needing to get in more content, and refine the things that are in place so they are easier to learn and more visually appealing, balancing and squashing bugs. We'll take a look at where we're at in April or May and then start trying to lay out a more firm release schedule. We've been steadily increasing our staff size, and expect to significantly increase the staff size in February in preparation for our push to launch. But at the same time, making sure the game is ready when it does launch is our primary concern. When the game gets to the point where we think it's about ready we'll pose the question to the community on what they think our readiness level is and that will also help factor into the decision.

Keep in mind this isn't an official date or anything like that, our official date is "when it's ready", but I think middle of the year is more realistic.  There's a lot of content, polish, animation work, bug fixing to do. It's so hard to give estimated dates with MMOs because they seldomly get met unless it's due to a game being rushed out by a firm date.

Feature wise there's a few things left (world map is still a work in progress, can't dig underground layers yet in cities are the two main things), but at this point its mostly  just us needing to get in more content, and refine the things that are in place so they are easier to learn and more visually appealing, balancing and squashing bugs. We'll take a look at where we're at in April or May and then start trying to lay out a more firm release schedule. We've been steadily increasing our staff size, and expect to significantly increase the staff size in February in preparation for our push to launch. But at the same time, making sure the game is ready when it does launch is our primary concern. When the game gets to the point where we think it's about ready we'll pose the question to the community on what they think our readiness level is and that will also help factor into the decision.

Well said, JC, thank you :)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

While the website doesn't give this exact date, you should change your first question and answer as the answer is obviously wrong:

There is no official launch date at this point, but it is slated for a 2014 launch.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

I'd like to know if there will be gvg in the ow.  For example, if you aren't on the hardcore server, but you want to declare war on a clan, can you do so making that clan always open to pvp for your clan?  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• CalexCalex Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by SirBalin

While the website doesn't give this exact date, you should change your first question and answer as the answer is obviously wrong:

There is no official launch date at this point, but it is slated for a 2014 launch.

This game is never going to launch. By the time it does its going to look sooo dated that the market will have moved up two generations of games and F2P will have been dead.

Originally posted by Calex
    Originally posted by SirBalin

This game is never going to launch. By the time it does its going [...]

I'm having a hard time reconciliating the red statement with the green statement.

Yes, it doesn't have the latest graphics, but it has a unique featureset. So it depends what you're looking for in a game. If the featureset they offer doesn't make up for the graphical style which apparently doesn't suit you, well I'm sorry to say that this game may not be for you.