Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Controlling characters in combat

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I am loving the game so far, but playing on hard one thing I am having difficulty with is controlling characters, especially in tactical mode.

Often I just want to move a toon to a spot and then stay there until I give it another command, but especially if it is melee, it will start moving back into combat or using a skill before I have a chance to give it a subsequent command. For example, I might stealth a rogue and move it into a room, put my tank in the doorway and position ranged behind, planning to have the tank taunt the enemies and then launch a massive aoe spam on them once they gather to attack the tank.

However, what usually happens is that the mage will cast a shield on just one character but the shield will miss because the character is moving, the tank will start running out of position, the rogue will unstealth and attack all by itself in a crowd, the archer will start moving in to melee range with its bow. Or something like that.

If anyone is playing hard/nightmare, how are you guys controlling the ai to get positioning correct? Or are you not having any problems with it?

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Let's just say I enjoy this game despite the UI.
  • pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530
    can you not turn the ai off like dragon age
  • tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

I let the AI stay on but I turned off all using "special" skills, that means they will use their normal attack and melee fighters will advance. You will have to disable their skills one by one and also do it again if a characther gets a new "usable" skill.

Then you Micro manage the fights from there..

I use controller ..but it shoudnt be any diffrence really.