Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned for hacking, even though I didn't hack.

ebm2010ebm2010 Member UncommonPosts: 5
edited December 2015 in Star Wars: The Old Republic

dd

Post edited by ebm2010 on

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No problems, any long standing member here gets the benefite of the doubt I believe you ?
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Im confused, if this happened in July why are we caring about it in Nov? If you havent resolved this by now, you either dont care now, didnt care then, or are looking for attention for the holidays? NO idea, but Im pretty sure most other people wont care.
  • ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

Your topic title says you were banned for hacking, but your post states that you don't know why you were banned. I'm not understanding the situation. It's not worth pointing out that you had arm surgery either. It's irrelevant to anything game-related. Did you bother checking your email for a reason why you were banned? When I got forum banned it was pretty descriptive, so I find it hard to believe that you didn't get that email, and you can certainly check for it one-handed or ask a family member to.

The simplest scenario I can piece together from that mess you call a post is that you were not playing for an extended period of time, someone probably hacked your account and used it for bad activities in game while you weren't using it yourself to notice, and you can't clearly state your case to a Customer Service Agent to appeal the ban.

It's a bummer to get hacked and lose access to something you like, but in this case it being SWTOR they probably did you a favor in the long run.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

I'd just keep pressing. WoW is actually really adept at handling these issues. I've had similar issues with other games, but always got them resolved. GW2 was pretty much a nightmare because I didn't have my original serial number when I attempted to recover my account. SWTOR once (during beta) wanted to authenticate my identity by me faxing a copy of my drivers license, lol. Ummmmmmmmmmm, yeaaaaaaaah, no! However, once they sorted out their support, it was much easier. 

The issue is probably due to the security measures in place. It's not trivial to crack into SWTOR. Unfortunately, this usually means that they'll take a harder line with violations, too. If you've had no previous violations, I'd bring that up. Also, I'd encourage them to look up the IPs that were accessing your account. If they're coming from different providers, or different countries, then maybe they could be more logical. Maybe just have you change your security info. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ebm2010ebm2010 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited December 2015

Post edited by ebm2010 on
  • ebm2010ebm2010 Member UncommonPosts: 5