Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this website always so slow?

2»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    It seems to have gotten even worse the last few days or so.

Hey guys,

Trust me, we've noticed it too. Our CTO, Ben Krueger is looking into it with the hosting team and we'll report more once we have news.  One server is being rebuilt right now, but that shouldn't/wouldn't slow the whole thing down as much as it has been,

Believe me when I say our new site will be A LOT faster. It already is in a test environment, and we can't wait to show bits of it off to you soon.

Nice! A common ploy is the use of someones name to get something done fast. Now we know who to blame! No pressure Mr Kruegar. <.< We're watching you.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Hey guys,

Trust me, we've noticed it too. Our CTO, Ben Krueger is looking into it with the hosting team and we'll report more once we have news.  One server is being rebuilt right now, but that shouldn't/wouldn't slow the whole thing down as much as it has been,

Believe me when I say our new site will be A LOT faster. It already is in a test environment, and we can't wait to show bits of it off to you soon.

Great news and thanks for the update. It has become increasingly frustrating as of late!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Been horrible for a few days seems a little faster this morning. 

I did notice that  this page was automatically disabling my adblock pro yesterday. 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    They have never had a stable web page and even when it does its very quirky. Over the many years I have used it its been a roller coaster of ok days and worse days. No other web page offers what they have so I personally dont mind over looking it. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    The site itself seems fine. The HTML, the images and Flash content load as quickly as anything else. What takes forever are the SQL queries and updates.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Hey guys,

Beware, if you try to get around adblock, people will stop coming here.  After that incident a couple years ago with the third party advertise that tried to install something on our  computers I will never visit here without adblocker.  My system protection is worth more to me than your revenue.  Please respect your visitors in that regard.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hey all,

We tweaked the priorities of the servers in the farm and things seem to be better just surfing around the site.  Please keep us posted when loading pages, and if you that it's always with a specific page, please let us know. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    No improvement for me still very very slow loading.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by observer
    It's been like this for years.  Is it a hosting problem?

Maybe its all the Adds :p

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Today the site is better, doesn't load instantly like other sites but tolerable.