Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge: Apex Disabled in Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A short post on the ArcheAge forum has admitted that there is an "exploit bug" that is being investigated by the team. In the meantime, Apex has been disabled in the game. Trion has been roundly criticized lately for the continuing issues surrounding Apex and the appearance of a duplication bug that has been an ongoing issue since beta. Whether this current issue is related to the former remains to be seen.

Thanks for the reports, all. The team has seen them and is working to verify that there is a bug that can be exploited. Once confirmed, we'll request a priority fix from XLGAMES and the original reporter (a player who shared details with us) will be rewarded. In the interim, APEX has been disabled in-game.

Keep an eye on the ArcheAge forum for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlowbowFlowbow Member Posts: 3
    way to late... 
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    They really butchered a title that could've been something.  Not that this is anything new in the f2p industry, but this level of butchering is worth noting.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    I didnt mind at all if they just shut down servers, solve all this shit and launch again without all this issues, didnt mind start playing from scratch again, and im slow in progression.
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Good luck going F2P with apex disabled. ;j

The prices are going to take a hit and it is gonna take time for them to balance out again.

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    So glad I avoided this game when I was in beta. The very moment that I saw Scapes get involved in the nerfing of obtaining gear in Defiance (a sister game run by Trion) I knew how AA would play out. This game is a joke, nothing's been F2P from the beginning. Saved so much time and money when I did. I completely agree with folks who keep bringing up this truth "So much for no tricks no traps right?" yep.
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Good luck going F2P with apex disabled. ;j

The prices are going to take a hit and it is gonna take time for them to balance out again.

For me, they could disable apex forever, i dont sell it neither i buy it. This dam bugged item is just ruin the economy.

Or they should provide other way to players sell credits to others, maybe something that only works on website, insted of a in-game item, dont know, only know that this way is not working.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    This is small news compared to the siege fiasco this weekend.  You really need to do a story on the poor state of sieges
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Its too late. The ones who exploited are so geared now good luck on catching up.

And sadly its the same people who own all the castles.

The only thing Trion did to the exploiters was a 24hr ban.

They were allowed to keep the items and gold.

And they keep the castle due to fail patch making it impossible to be taken.

So more gold for them.

PvP in this game is already imbalanced to the point of no return.

Originally posted by Talonsin
    This is small news compared to the siege fiasco this weekend.  You really need to do a story on the poor state of sieges

Sorry Talonsin, for me the apex explot is a bigger issue, the damage created will probabily never get fixed in AA economy, or at least will take alot of time if new explots dont apear.

Sieges can be fixed.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Can nothing to right with this game?

Its starting to seem Wildstar may outlive it judging be the official forum bickering.  

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

Apex was implemented as a sister mechanic to what the developers already had running in Korea and Russia to my understanding. Yes, it's a mechanic found in other Trion titles. But the way it was implemented in ArcheAge was akin to what the developers are familiar with in their native game. I dropped this game during alpha (was invited for testing) when I investigated the developer. They launched in Russia only so they could get an influx of cash to reinvest in the company to kick off their new game. They ran into funding issues along with development snags and started to go under. They then started working on porting the game to the U.S. and took the first publisher that was the most compliant with their wants as well as willing to invest the most time/money into the game so that they would have limited investment. Trion outbid PWE and AeriaGames since the other two wouldn't take on as much responsibility as Trion. The developers made hand over fist with just the founders packs. With two weeks left before the games launch, the developers announced in Korea that they were officially undertaking full development of their new game. With this announcement, they diverted almost 85% of their company towards the new game. They've left only a small group of people to maintain ArcheAge. The reason why Trion peeled away some of the content that was in Alpha prior to release. Was not because of bugs, balancing, or even localization. It was because the developer is no longer creating new content for the game. So Trion has to parcel out the content currently available in the Korean version. Since once the states servers have caught up to them. There will be limited content beyond cash shop grabs and small events for the game. I don't invest in a game that's been abandoned by the company that develops it. All the bugs/glitches/exploits/hacks that are seen in the game have been present since the game launched in Korea a few years ago. It's not going to be fixed completely, because the developers just don't care. Trion has made an earnest effort to basically put a fire under the developers asses and fix problems. But it's not going to be enough to save the sinking ship they've mistakenly invested in.

Originally posted by grimal

Can nothing to right with this game?

Its starting to seem Wildstar may outlive it judging be the official forum bickering.  

Alot of thing are right with this game, but as normal imo we focus and discuss in what is wrong beacuse need to be fixed.

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    This game is dieing so fast it's hilarious. When you read the forums you see people posting screen shots of the insane totals of exploited credits they got. Trion is saying they will perm ban people this time but anyone with half a brain knows to exploit on a throw away free account then transfer all the items over. Archeage is the last nail in the Trion coffin. RIP
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

So they did not disable Apex for the former count of 12 players who exploited it, but waited until the latest and new exploit raised the count to a total of say 18 people then.

"People who were found to have intentionally abused it appear to be around a dozen globally, and they'll see more serious actions taken against their account."

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    This game needs an "FF14"
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    At least they have "Trove" to fall back on lol.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    In their Defiance Trion will reach into their Trove of P2W features and implement them in ArcheAge as much as they can only to cause a Rift between them and the players.
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    This game needs an "FF14"

The developer has already started on another game with the cash they got from the founders and release money from the U.S. release. You won't see a re-work/launch on this as the developers have left it dead in the water. Only a small crew maintains this for each region it's been released. The game launch in the US was just a cash grab by the devs to finance their next game.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by TalulaRose
    In their Defiance Trion will reach into their Trove of P2W features and implement them in ArcheAge as much as they can only to cause a Rift between them and the players.

*slow clap*

Joined - July 2004

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

i have a Demonologist I have spent ZERO MONEY ON...I have hasla gear...

AND I NEVER DIE...I can kill 1-3 people at once lol ( level 50 people) I don't kill low levels

why spend money to kill people ? ?? Play a caster and kill people all day long solo

Hahahahah   why would I spend money on a game I can already kill 90 percent of the players in solo ??

I have NO LAND..i have NO HOUSE and I can kill people all day long without dying

2 lightning spells almost instant together, then Enervate  / grasping root spell

Most people die after my combo goes off 1 time

• KryzizKryziz Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I quit a long time ago. The economy and mechanics of this game have a lot to be desired at this point. I hope The Repopulation takes a page out of the bogus housing issues found in this game.
  • MrBum21MrBum21 Member UncommonPosts: 405
    is this different than the bug that was only exploited by 12 people?

the missing link in a chain of destruction.

All spelling and typographical errors are based soely on the fact that i just dont care. If you must point out my lack of atention to detail, please do it with a smile.

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Man this game would have been so nice with a sub server

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by TalulaRose

Its too late. The ones who exploited are so geared now good luck on catching up.

And sadly its the same people who own all the castles.

The only thing Trion did to the exploiters was a 24hr ban.

They were allowed to keep the items and gold.

And they keep the castle due to fail patch making it impossible to be taken.

So more gold for them.

PvP in this game is already imbalanced to the point of no return.

This sounds a lot like Neverwinter's constant exploits.  

• This is especially saddening to people like me, who saw so much promise in this game that we backed the game all the way in alpha by buying the $150 Archeum Founders Pack.  Or any of the buyers of the founders packs back in alpha.

Not only that, but their stupidity is starting to bleed over into RIFT as well (I have a ticket for a missing character still open that I created the beginning to last MONTH with no answer).  Trion really needs to pull itself together or it will be going downhill very quickly.