Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We cant give up on SWG!

i think we should not give up on SWG, it was a fun game and can still be fun. I think LA Should just slap SOE in the Face And say "You guys suck!" and then find a different developer to do it. but in the process they will give whoever takes over Pre-CU Code and tell them that if they change it may the force be with their souls.

I refuse to give up on one of my favorite games! and something needs to be done to have the game the way the fans loved it, pre-CU where the game was the best in the world. It needs to be returned to its former glory!

Comments

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by MasterchiefM

i think we should not give up on SWG, it was a fun game and can still be fun. I think LA Should just slap SOE in the Face And say "You guys suck!" and then find a different developer to do it. but in the process they will give whoever takes over Pre-CU Code and tell them that if they change it may the force be with their souls.
    I refuse to give up on one of my favorite games! and something needs to be done to have the game the way the fans loved it, pre-CU where the game was the best in the world. It needs to be returned to its former glory!

I would agree with you completely, except that at the very least LA was in collusion with SOE on the NGE.   More than likely they directed them to do something of this nature, interviews from Julio and Nancy indicate this.   People forget that they are far from blameless in this travesty.  

Still, the only hope that remains is that LA will come to their senses and restore pre-cu.   Hope, as they say, does spring eternal.  If not, SWG emulator here I come!!  image

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• SagoSago Member Posts: 516

Originally posted by chlaos

I would agree with you completely, except that at the very least LA was in collusion with SOE on the NGE.   More than likely they directed them to do something of this nature, interviews from Julio and Nancy indicate this.   People forget that they are far from blameless in this travesty.  

Still, the only hope that remains is that LA will come to their senses and restore pre-cu.   Hope, as they say, does spring eternal.  If not, SWG emulator here I come!!  image

I TOTALLY agree with you Masterchief. NO ONE wanted this game to succeed more than me. I loved SW and SWG. I spent $1,100 to play this game since release and it killed me cancelling my accounts. BUT, it is dead to me know. All I have is memories of a once great game.

Sago Mactow
    Former SWG 2yr 7 month Vet
    6/26/03 - 1/26/06
    Jedi, Master Shipwright, Master Architect
    DFR Councilman
    Tarq Server

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953
    Vote with your wallet and cancel your sub.  Complaining and maintaining your sub changes nothing.
  • Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Hey man, if I could do something, I would.

The problem is that nothing I can do can help or hurt this game.  Its up to those devs to save the game.  But when you throw something like this in haphazardly and don't have a plan on where to go, it just makes it that much harder to succeed.

A lot of games worry about a lack of content.  I wish that was all SWG had to worry about.  They can't even think about adding new content in though until the game works technically and artistically.

Whether or not anyone here gives up or not ain't gonna matter.  Its those devs that are going to have to step up to save this thing.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

• bedolla3401bedolla3401 Member Posts: 293

Originally posted by Nerf09
    Vote with your wallet and cancel your sub. Complaining and maintaining your sub changes nothing.

yes it is your wallet and also YOUR LIFE, you do what u want to do, personally yes i love star wars but also if i wanted to i can quit anytime i want to, so if someone calls u names and flames you alot cuz ur playing a game what YOU want to play, you can do want ever you want just basically ignore them and look the other way and enjoy what you want to do.

• KaiserRyuuKaiserRyuu Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by Beatnik59
    Hey man, if I could do something, I would.
    The problem is that nothing I can do can help or hurt this game. Its up to those devs to save the game. But when you throw something like this in haphazardly and don't have a plan on where to go, it just makes it that much harder to succeed.
    A lot of games worry about a lack of content. I wish that was all SWG had to worry about. They can't even think about adding new content in though until the game works technically and artistically.
    Whether or not anyone here gives up or not ain't gonna matter. Its those devs that are going to have to step up to save this thing.

Very nicely said, and I agree with you there 100% on that. We just gotta hope those devs see the light sooner better than latter.

imageimage

• n2k3156n2k3156 Member Posts: 523

i think we should not give up on SWG,

Too late.

NGE Refugee.

• freebirdpatfreebirdpat Member Posts: 568

I gave up on SWG, when SOE and LA together gave up on SWG. Which was back in 2004.

• MasterchiefMMasterchiefM Member Posts: 99

what LA Should do is return SWG to when it first came out, before SOE messed with it. then they need to find a good developer and this developer will know what not to do. and Hopefully if these things are done the game can be returned to the way it was.

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002

Do you think that if SWG was losing enough money that the game would be sold off to another company? Like how they bought MxO? I'd say that's the only way we'd get a rollback.

• Blue3000Blue3000 Member Posts: 238
    if you indeed want changes in Galaxies then the way to do it is to cancel your subscription, plain and simple.  If you continue playing, paying these low lives from SOE they'll continue to screw you as they've done to everyone already.
  • NasedooNasedoo Member Posts: 486

The Game We Played.....Gone it is....Consumed by SOE

Nasedoo: You said traders would get a revamp under my supervision.

Darth Lord Blixtev: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.