Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Play WoW Again?

2»

Comments

• aftabbooaftabboo Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by kairel182
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    The start of the expansion is where the questing/great story telling comes alive again, and is good quality. Aside from this there is one obvious factor, the gear reset.  3 months into an expansion and you will struggle to ever catch up, get in at the start of the race and you can keep up.

I really don't understand why people say this.  WoW's storyline is almost entirely a single player experience with subpar graphics and story in every regard.  Not to mention it's pretty boring and nothing like the IP should deliver because of the silly changes from the RTS.  Other MMOs, like SWTOR and Secret World have vastly superior story telling when compared to MMOs, not even mentioning single player games that have AMAZING story telling when not even compared to WoW's terrible story.

The questing was never engaging to me, ever, in WoW.  The only amazing moments I had were raid bosses, mostly in vanilla and somewhat in BC, but anything after that was just rinsed and repeated.

Then again, I don't understand why anyone still plays WoW in general.  Single player games have vastly superior stories, co-op games have vastly superior cooperative play and multiplayer games (like TF2 or League) have vastly superior PvP with no cost of a monthly sub.  But hey, keep being part of the flock, right?

I agree with a lot of what you said except for the point on wows story. the Warcraft storyline is 1 of the best there is. Sure wow doesn't do it justice anymore but that's because its so old and outdated.

As for why people play wow over superior modern day rpgs, for single player ofcourse a modern day single player rpg is better especially considering wows age.

The primary reason to play a mmo rpg though is to compete against other players in dps meters in pve and for kills in pvp. That simply cant be done on a similar scale on a single player rpg. It is also a fundamental reason why things like structured pvp in guild wars 2 and a fully invasive, non optional inspect feature are so game breaking in wow.

They basically remove all competition in character building turning wow and guild wars 2 in a 3rd person clone shooter and as the key aspect of rpg that makes them different from other games is building your own character (ie character building) making people clones in pvp or pve via structured pvp or a fully invasinve, non optional inspect is game breaking.

That's why as someone who played wow to compete with other players, I left when they made the inspect ability able to see skills without permission.  That was the game breaker for me, the dumbing down of the game sucked too but as long as you could still compete in character building it was still a competitive rpg so that was the real nail in the coffin for me.

• ErdaErda Member UncommonPosts: 211

Because it is a quality game with some of the best developers and team out there.  No one really does it better than Blizzard.

I'm not returning....yet.   I'm still playing ArcheAge but frankly my patience is wearing thin.   I'm not playing anything while my labor regenerates----a fatal flaw with the game.   My spouse has happily created a brand new account and is starting from scratch.  We've played it off and on for years.   Although I never had uber geared out characters, it is a darn fun game with oodles of fun content.    Returning to WoW is like finding a comfortable old pair of shoes you forgot in your closet.    They may not look that great or be the trendiest pair.   But they are comfortable and you slip them on.

If I do go back, just going to have to get used to the graphics again.   They look so darned blurry to me after playing AA.  It will take some time for my old eyes to get adjusted.