Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For any looking to see what the game is like

AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109

I have a few 60 FPS videos up for any that may be on the fence about whether to buy the game. I am enjoying it so far. It is definitely a huge improvement over its predecessor. My biggest annoyance is the choppy cutscenes, but generally my FPS is averaged at around 80. System specs are in the description.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay (60 FPS 1080P)

Comments

• mmorpgukmmorpguk Member Posts: 9

Im sure the game will be good but most ea games are terrible value for money and their dlcs are game breaking in both price as well as how disjointed they make the game. Their dlcs rarely fit into the game like an expansion and usually make the price performance terrible.

When you include the proice of ea dlcs and the game combined, I could get 5 games of similar quality from other developers for the same price.

So the real problem for me is price performance or value for money if you wish to call it that. My other pet peeve is how ea has a long history of acquiring good companies only to ruin them by casualising games and ruining the price performance. A coupld of good examples are westwood studios, bullfrog and bioware (ongoing) with what they did to me2,me3 and da2.

So is dragon age 3 a great game, I think it probably is but is it value for money, I wont know until I know the dlc situation and if that is as bad as other ea games, it wont be worth getting.

ps. I really hope that they don't do a mass effect where they leave the key plot of the story out so you have to purchase it as dlc as was the case of the creator of the reapers (the leviathan) which you only ever see or learn about if you buy dlc.

• mmorpgukmmorpguk Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by DMKano

The game looks fine - my issue remains PC (mouse/keyboard) melee controls - pretty much game breaking for me.

Tried a mage - the game played 10x better.

Pretty disappointed as I don't like ranged characters.

So melee PC players -be warned - this game might not be for you.

Yeah, controls can be game breaking. I have heard a lot of complaints about this and hope its not as bad as people suggest.

• AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    I agree about the controls being a bit annoying, and I couldn't find any way to shrink the interface either. They should have taken a queue from MMORPG games on combat. I have tried out all the classes so far, and decided to stick with mage for this playthrough. I also enjoyed the dual wield rogue and two handed warrior, but I admit ranged feels more smooth.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by mmorpguk

Im sure the game will be good but most ea games are terrible value for money and their dlcs are game breaking in both price as well as how disjointed they make the game. Their dlcs rarely fit into the game like an expansion and usually make the price performance terrible.

When you include the proice of ea dlcs and the game combined, I could get 5 games of similar quality from other developers for the same price.

So the real problem for me is price performance or value for money if you wish to call it that. My other pet peeve is how ea has a long history of acquiring good companies only to ruin them by casualising games and ruining the price performance. A coupld of good examples are westwood studios, bullfrog and bioware (ongoing) with what they did to me2,me3 and da2.

So is dragon age 3 a great game, I think it probably is but is it value for money, I wont know until I know the dlc situation and if that is as bad as other ea games, it wont be worth getting.

ps. I really hope that they don't do a mass effect where they leave the key plot of the story out so you have to purchase it as dlc as was the case of the creator of the reapers (the leviathan) which you only ever see or learn about if you buy dlc.

And you could always wait a year when the game gets discounted.  Something I'm starting to do more and more these days.  Discounted DLC.  Patched up by then.  Mods available by then.  All at a sometimes very low price.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Yeah, sometimes it is nice to wait it out and get those deals. Only problem with that is sometimes I don't have the patience to do that. lol

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Ashanor

Yeah, sometimes it is nice to wait it out and get those deals. Only problem with that is sometimes I don't have the patience to do that. lol

Don't worry, they make it really easy to get a refund if you don't like the game. Already got mine.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

The game looks fine - my issue remains PC (mouse/keyboard) melee controls - pretty much game breaking for me.

Yeah, controls can be game breaking. I have heard a lot of complaints about this and hope its not as bad as people suggest.

The melee play, for people not use to an "action" game is an acquired taste.

I'm not really having any issues though there is a bit of "rooting" while you are swinging your blade.

I've gotten used to it but in truth the "rooting" should be a bit less intrusive. Bioware claims that they are following complaints so who knows if they will change it.

Otherwise, when an enemy moves out of your reach you will swing and hit nothing. For me this is more than acceptable. There is no auto-attack and you have to hold your mouse button down. Not really an issue for me though others don't seem to like it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    idk the game still looks pretty packed with content to me. Most MMOs might be jealous over the amount of content this game offers. Played for over 15 hours in 2 days and from what I gather im not even in the middle of the game. Granted I take my time with side quests and rift hunting and minigames and stuff, but its super immersive and its a freaking eyecandy on ultra graphics with Mantle API on. (not that API makes the game prettier, it just boosts the FPS, compared to D3D) 
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I'm not really having any issues though there is a bit of "rooting" while you are swinging your blade.

I've gotten used to it but in truth the "rooting" should be a bit less intrusive. Bioware claims that they are following complaints so who knows if they will change it.

Otherwise, when an enemy moves out of your reach you will swing and hit nothing. For me this is more than acceptable. There is no auto-attack and you have to hold your mouse button down. Not really an issue for me though others don't seem to like it.

As I started with 2-hand warrior my biggest issue that when the mob nearby and I think im hitting but im actually not, there is hardly any way of knowing. IMO the hit connection needs some more animations but I can live with it, just have to be a bit more careful than i wanted to. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by BailoPan15
    Originally posted by Sovrath

As I started with 2-hand warrior my biggest issue that when the mob nearby and I think im hitting but im actually not, there is hardly any way of knowing. IMO the hit connection needs some more animations but I can live with it, just have to be a bit more careful than i wanted to. 

I have a 2 handed warrior as well. I tell by looking at the damage numbers as well as the "hit sound". Having said that I've noticed on a few occasions that the hit sound might drop out and I still see the numbers. If i don't see/hear either then I move.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek
    Originally posted by Ashanor

Don't worry, they make it really easy to get a refund if you don't like the game. Already got mine.

No way. The game is great so far in my opinion.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Nice video but do you have to have that ugly butch woman or can you kick her out at some point?

Also don't like the acrobatics that the mage is doing when casting spells. A mage is not a fighting monk, which is what it looks like.

EDIT: The more I watch it the less I like the way they did the mage. That is not a mage, that is some sort of weird, staff fighting warrior monk. Bleh...

Originally posted by Yamota

Nice video but do you have to have that ugly butch woman or can you kick her out at some point?

Also don't like the acrobatics that the mage is doing when casting spells. A mage is not a fighting monk, which is what it looks like.

EDIT: The more I watch it the less I like the way they did the mage. That is not a mage, that is some sort of weird, staff fighting warrior monk. Bleh...

You aren't forced to use her after you get more companions as far as I know. I don't really like the mage animations either but am looking past it since the rest of the game is great so far. If I scrutinized every detail about every game I played, I would never finish any of them. lol