Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newest patch for Landmark brings armor / EQNs future.

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

The top is the Dark Elf Armor. It looks ok but there is something off putting about it. Hard to say. Shoulders possibly? Maybe it will look better on a Dark Elf.

The next is the Mage Robes. I like this one except the part around the back of the neck.

Right now  there are head gear , chest , gloves and boots. However the chest armor does the entire armor graphic... In the picture of the robes I had gloves and a helmet equipped with no graphic for either showing.

They also added an ability to Sword and Bow and also redid the abilities on the Staff. I think the staff is the clear winner as far as fun IMO. The following video shows the armors and weapon abilities.

http://youtu.be/5MA6Xc7FgpA

Edit : Also want to point out there there are no physics on the armor yet just set animations when you move around. 

Comments

• ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405

By the looks of that staff, I would say it probably weighs about three times as much as your average shovel, maybe four. Good thing your character has big 'ole ape hands to hold it.

I hope for EQNext's sake they somehow vastly diverge from what they are doing in Landmark. The EQN forum dwellers seem to think that Landmark and EQN are going to be quite different, but they might just be saying that as an argument tool.  

MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    looks nice. also nice to see character animations are more fluid
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Are you sure these are not pics from WoW?
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by flizzer

I could maybe accepted the comment if this was Wildstar, but i don't think you can compare the style to Wow at all :/

On topic, looks really good. coming along nicely imho

• jacker1991jacker1991 Member UncommonPosts: 191

Holy Shizz!!! We have traveled back in time to the early 2000s.

I must notify the president asap...

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I am pretty critical of Everquest Next for the most part. However, I enjoyed these more than I thought I would when I read the thread title. I don't think they're bad. I actually like them. I am a bit meh about the staff though.
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

I enjoyed what I played of Landmark. It's progressing so damn slowly though; you'd think their dev team was the 2 guys you see in the videos.

Ultimately I find the plots very small and the engine runs like complete garbage. I eventually had the maximum amount of plots (6 or 8, I can't remember) - the low FPS and crashes were infuriating, not to mention I basically just couldn't add onto my castle anymore..

On top of that, EQN is NOWHERE to be seen. No videos, no screenshots, nothing.. Just some "possible" footage in the developer talk videos.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by SuperNick

I enjoyed what I played of Landmark. It's progressing so damn slowly though; you'd think their dev team was the 2 guys you see in the videos.

Ultimately I find the plots very small and the engine runs like complete garbage. I eventually had the maximum amount of plots (6 or 8, I can't remember) - the low FPS and crashes were infuriating, not to mention I basically just couldn't add onto my castle anymore..

On top of that, EQN is NOWHERE to be seen. No videos, no screenshots, nothing.. Just some "possible" footage in the developer talk videos.

It does seem to be going shockingly slow for some reason. It was hard for me to stay excited when they move at a snails pace with their development for this game.

With it being somewhat related to EQ you'd think they would speed it up a little bit.

I'll probably go back when they've added PVE combat but right now I'm having fun w/Trove.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    Originally posted by Herase

I could maybe accepted the comment if this was Wildstar, but i don't think you can compare the style to Wow at all :/

no that staff is definitely WoW as **** ...  They need to take a lesson from some of the better guild wars staff designs that occupy "volume" without just looking bulky and blocky.

The real test of their wearable-items and armor especially, will be in how soon they open the player Studio to those of us with the abilities to create alternatives /skins

• aftabbooaftabboo Member Posts: 67

You guys need to look at this in context.

Up till now, landmark which is not everquest next btw, didn't have any of the 40 classes, all it had was 3 basic weapons (the bow, the sword and the staff).

It is vastly incomplete and even when complete will still just be a building tool not a gaming tool. It is not everyquest next.

If you want an idea of what everquest next will look like and the games physics which is revolutionary as everything is made from voxels and full destructible, you need to watch an official video.

ps it looks nothing like wow, wow looks like ass, this doesn't.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Herase

On topic, looks really good. coming along nicely imho

Wrong on so many levels.  Wildstar was actually noticeably more cartoony than WoW.  EQN is actually looking to be more true to the WoW style than Wildstar was.  Sure it's newer than WoW so the graphics are a little sharper but it really nailed the WoW style in a way Wildstar didn't.