Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving and found this old thing. Think SotA will have one?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Original fabric map from my UO box.  Don't have the box or the disks, but this map remains.  There's probably a little metal UO emblem floating around somewhere too.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

They did with the Kickstarter:

Pledge $125 or more

EXPLORER

Digital is awesome but you can't hang your digital on the wall! Get a full size cloth map of the new world in its original state (estimated map availability in December 2013)!

Includes Virtual Collector Level Rewards

Probably still available in the store although kind of pricy for a map in my opinion (I guess Britannia has had a lot of inflation since I used to get it for $60 in the 80s :) )

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by iridescence

Pledge $125 or more

EXPLORER

Digital is awesome but you can't hang your digital on the wall! Get a full size cloth map of the new world in its original state (estimated map availability in December 2013)!

Probably still available in the store although kind of pricy for a map in my opinion (I guess Britannia has had a lot of inflation since I used to get it for $60 in the 80s :) )

Heh, cool.  I'm just impressed that the map survived this long and the colors are still pretty vibrant.  Not sure what to do with it now though.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Pledge $125 or more

EXPLORER

Heh, cool.  I'm just impressed that the map survived this long and the colors are still pretty vibrant.  Not sure what to do with it now though.

I see three options. You either put it back in a random box and forget about it. You buy a frame or something and put it on a wall. Or you sell it on ebay or something similar. 

The fourth option would be the trash can. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by andre369
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Pledge $125 or more

EXPLORER

I see three options. You either put it back in a random box and forget about it. You buy a frame or something and put it on a wall. Or you sell it on ebay or something similar. 

The fourth option would be the trash can. 

We're moving soon.  I literally filled a dump truck full of old stuff by hand today.  I don't even think I could lift my arm high enough to toss this map over the side of the truck.  So for now, on my desk it stays. :-)

After careful consideration and input from some other old school gamers this is going to be matted and put up on the wall.

• JonrobinJonrobin Member UncommonPosts: 18

My personal opinion (and it's only an opinion) is to frame it in your den if the game brings back fun memories and past friends. That what I did with my Vanguard map and I still smile when I look at it. Remember this is just my opinion.

jr

• EtheomEtheom Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Great idea, definitely hang it up and preserve those old memories of Britannia. I've pledged for the Explorer pack $140 which includes the Collector's Box, all 5 game episodes, a cloth map of New Britannia and more.