Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New ship with LTI for sale 890 Jump , only $600 !

123457»

Comments

• JonBonJawaJonBonJawa Member UncommonPosts: 489
    Originally posted by sgel
    Originally posted by MoreOfTheSame

Some people have spare money to support a cause... terrible, isn´t it? 

It is actually. Because CIG has prioritied these people and has put up a real currency price tag on everything to do with the game. CIG has only been getting bolder and bolder with their prices the more this core of 2-3k people buy ships.

Incredibly unfair that these ships are ONLY for rich people- oh wait, you can earn the ship when the game gets released without spending a dime, you two almost forgot that right? Right.

How long until the game is released? Oh you forgot that right? Right?

There are also no plans to earn income in AC in order to buy these ships.

So everything is stuck behind a real cash paywall for the next 2-3 years.

who the hell cares about what is behind a "paywall".. in PRE-ALPHA module testbeds?

Are you saying that when it leaves the "pre-alpha" state all the ships will suddenly be available to all backers? No. They'll stay behind the paywall since that's how CIG makes their big cash.

so you were one of the impatient "BUT I WANT EVERYTHING NOW" people right?

Huh? No, I want what is playable now to be playable without me having to pay real cash FOR EVERY SINGLE ship I want to fly. I don't mind earning it in game, but that won't be available in game for years.

They just had a week of "fly any ship you want in Arena Commander" did you make use of it or just waste time here, trolling SC threads on a 24/7 basis?

Yes I did take advantage of it which is another reason why this topic is very irritating to me. Obviously I'm not a fan of the flight mechanics as they are now but it was mildly entertaining flying the M50 and the Hornet.

Also, why would you think I am trolling?

Next 2-3 years you say? Fine, then it takes 2-3 years until release, if you think so, I can wait.

Let´s put aside the actual roadmap plans they have outlined on CiitizenCon and believe Mr. Internet Expert SGEL instead.

2-3 years is being very optimistic. Have you seen the list of features they have planned compared to what they have achieved in 2 years of development (even if you take into account startup time of their studios)? 

Also I'd appreciate if you would argue my points instead of trying to personally offend me in almost every reply of yours.

I won't spend more time taking your "points" apart, you are immune to logic and reason when it comes to SC and your whole SC bashing agenda was clear from the beginning.

Even if you would succeed and SC funding came to a halt today,  they'd easily have enough budget to finish the release version and sell a million more game copies at launch amd continue from there.

Just wait until the FPS reveal on PAX, November 1st, budget will likely jump to 60 million instantly when the COD and BF players discover that SC will be a fully fledged first person shooter too, not just a space sim. Heh.

also looking forward to the reveal of the celebrity voice actor cast for the 900 page script of the single player story campaign Squadron 42.

That will probably push preorders further and the game budget reaches 70 million $ soon.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Just wait until the FPS reveal on PAX, November 1st, budget will likely jump to 60 million instantly when the COD and BF players discover that SC will be a fully fledged first person shooter too, not just a space sim. Heh.

also looking forward to the reveal of the celebrity voice actor cast for the 900 page script of the single player story campaign Squadron 42.

That will probably push preorders further and the game budget reaches 70 million $ soon.

If that happens everyone bar Star Citizen fans will be singing Star Citizen's praises for taking the most obnoxious group of gamers out of their game :-) I think it's a bit wishful thinking people will abandon their game and change genre based on a 20 min video of a non-playable demo.

Why so much focus on their money? Surely a game should be judged by what it delivers, not its funding or getting in the GBoR or any other such trivialities.

• jcrg99jcrg99 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I won't spend more time taking your "points" apart, you are immune to logic and reason when it comes to SC and your whole SC bashing agenda was clear from the beginning.

Even if you would succeed and SC funding came to a halt today,  they'd easily have enough budget to finish the release version and sell a million more game copies at launch amd continue from there.

Oblivion.

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

If that happens everyone bar Star Citizen fans will be singing Star Citizen's praises for taking the most obnoxious group of gamers out of their game :-) I think it's a bit wishful thinking people will abandon their game and change genre based on a 20 min video of a non-playable demo.

Why so much focus on their money? Surely a game should be judged by what it delivers, not its funding or getting in the GBoR or any other such trivialities.

Afff... You are so outdated man.

Didn't you hear that people have been coming and paying for CR tons of money and never caring to play the game?

It's the new trend of the market. Paying money for CR and refusing to play the game or even ask for the game (since that not even opinions around they share, and you only see the same original backers talking about that).

They come in 20k average by month, but not a single one of them cares to play the game, even if they came much later after the original campaign and even that they came very recently with some "game" to play. And not even the great majority of those who came earlier too. They also dislike this thing about "playing". They only like to pay for CR. All people like to "donate" money for CR and never will check what is receiving in exchange.

I am pretty sure that their website counter will show 2 million people as backers and the game stats showing 1k to 10k players on release. Again, its the new trend. People loves to give money for a game and do not play it.

:D

And just to let you know... Next Stretch Goal: CR is going to break the physical laws too.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Some people have spare money to support a cause... terrible, isn´t it? 

It is actually. Because CIG has prioritied these people and has put up a real currency price tag on everything to do with the game. CIG has only been getting bolder and bolder with their prices the more this core of 2-3k people buy ships.

Incredibly unfair that these ships are ONLY for rich people- oh wait, you can earn the ship when the game gets released without spending a dime, you two almost forgot that right? Right.

How long until the game is released? Oh you forgot that right? Right?

There are also no plans to earn income in AC in order to buy these ships.

So everything is stuck behind a real cash paywall for the next 2-3 years.

who the hell cares about what is behind a "paywall".. in PRE-ALPHA module testbeds?

Are you saying that when it leaves the "pre-alpha" state all the ships will suddenly be available to all backers? No. They'll stay behind the paywall since that's how CIG makes their big cash.

so you were one of the impatient "BUT I WANT EVERYTHING NOW" people right?

Huh? No, I want what is playable now to be playable without me having to pay real cash FOR EVERY SINGLE ship I want to fly. I don't mind earning it in game, but that won't be available in game for years.

They just had a week of "fly any ship you want in Arena Commander" did you make use of it or just waste time here, trolling SC threads on a 24/7 basis?

Yes I did take advantage of it which is another reason why this topic is very irritating to me. Obviously I'm not a fan of the flight mechanics as they are now but it was mildly entertaining flying the M50 and the Hornet.

Also, why would you think I am trolling?

Next 2-3 years you say? Fine, then it takes 2-3 years until release, if you think so, I can wait.

Let´s put aside the actual roadmap plans they have outlined on CiitizenCon and believe Mr. Internet Expert SGEL instead.

2-3 years is being very optimistic. Have you seen the list of features they have planned compared to what they have achieved in 2 years of development (even if you take into account startup time of their studios)? 

Also I'd appreciate if you would argue my points instead of trying to personally offend me in almost every reply of yours.

Which exactly of my points is "immune to logic". I'll make it easy for you... just pick one of them. Also I'm an SC backer.

Succeed at what? Also you should probably check the updated number CR said he would need to finish the game. Here's a hint: It's not the 23mil he said he needed.

You do realize CT specificaly said that the FPS module won't be like COD or BF right? It'll be more like Rainbox Six.

How can you not know this and be such a fanatic fan? You should really spend some more time reading about the games you fanatically forum-warrior about so you don't look silly in public.

Here you are talking about more money. It's become an obsession of Star Citizen fans...

-"look how much money we have!"

-"but the flight mechanics are quite flimsy"

-"yes but look how much money we have!"

-"Dude the patch was delayed yet again..."

-"yes but look how much money we have!"

You guys are obsessed with money :)

..Cake..

Facts

Just visited the website of CIG to see any update for the game itself (I suppose that the last one was about a month ago), and for my surprise, there is a big news there:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14233-Ten-Tees 

Meanwhile, in another verse:

"The launch of Elite: Dangerous is approaching rapidly, and we are pleased to announce a very special event on the 22nd November – save the date! We also have a reminder for those of you who were original backers (Kickstarter and our own website)."

Chris Roberts is definitely accomplishing with his promises. He promised to deliver the Alpha in 2013. Frontier delivered. He promised to deliver the Beta between July and September of 2014. Frontier delivered. He promised to deliver the full game by November 2014. Frontier is going to deliver.

The ultimate true: CR is the CEO of Frontier not Cloud Imperium Games

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Remember ! :

Internet Space Ships are Serious Business !!

https://landing.athabascau.ca/mod/file/thumbnail.php?file_guid=92274&size=large&icontime=0

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by jcrg99

Facts

Just visited the website of CIG to see any update for the game itself (I suppose that the last one was about a month ago), and for my surprise, there is a big news there:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14233-Ten-Tees 

Meanwhile, in another verse:

"The launch of Elite: Dangerous is approaching rapidly, and we are pleased to announce a very special event on the 22nd November – save the date! We also have a reminder for those of you who were original backers (Kickstarter and our own website)."

Chris Roberts is definitely accomplishing with his promises. He promised to deliver the Alpha in 2013. Frontier delivered. He promised to deliver the Beta between July and September of 2014. Frontier delivered. He promised to deliver the full game by November 2014. Frontier is going to deliver.

The ultimate true: CR is the CEO of Frontier not Cloud Imperium Games

Altough I like SC more than ED due to PVP side , i can't ignore that most likely we will play ED final/gamma in like one month.

Great ... then I will play E:D soon and when I have played enough E:D then SC will launch. Perfect timing. I am a backer for both games. Good times !

Have fun

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I truly don't understand it.  The forums are always inundated with people who are so hyped about a game, then come on and start threads on why it isn't what they thought, they were lied to, they were cheated, etc.  Now add to that a $600 ship in the mix, and people are gonna have strokes.  They may not even make it long enough to get to the forums.  

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    I truly don't understand it.  The forums are always inundated with people who are so hyped about a game, then come on and start threads on why it isn't what they thought, they were lied to, they were cheated, etc.  Now add to that a $600 ship in the mix, and people are gonna have strokes.  They may not even make it long enough to get to the forums.  

600$ is not that much for some people.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by motanila

600$ is not that much for some people.

how long are you going to continue your "fake fan" theater ?

this ship is not available as pledge reward since over 6 weeks ago, it was limited and was gone in ONE HOUR, so stop bumping your flamebait threads with ship prices, if you have a complaint about pledge rewards stop playing your charade, you also got debunked on your other outrageous claim of the "1000 Dollar carrier at Christmas" by the CIG community manager at the RSI forum.

Stop trolling.

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    Originally posted by Tamanous

They have been around for several games in development. I was mainly referring to the grotesque levels it is now reaching.

Pretty soon crowd funded games will only for the rich making games for the rich. They are now taking that away from you. Did you see some of the replies from players acting like $600 was not even worth a fart of consideration? What do you think those people pledged prior to that?

This game is being developed for the few investing the most cash. From this point forward we will clearly start seeing how every major game development choice will be dictated by who throws the most money at it. God help those peons paying a base client charge to jump into this game after release. You will be up against players worth hundreds of times the value that developers see you as. The amount of "game play" ... oh let's call it for what it is: grind ... you will have to go through to gain equal footing will be forever valued against what cost it takes to simply purchase it all. Grind will always lose out. Grind will become more grindy each day the devs find ways to suck more money out of those who pay.

This already happens in f2p games. The scale this game is managing to begin this process at is astounding.

Now this is probably the only adequate post here and this is my only concern as well. Will this players, who invested so much money and have super ships from day 1 be ruling the galaxy???!!! I don't have problem with small advantages, but will the gap be to large??? When I take game like EvE in account, some corporations there shown that a "swarm" of cheap small ships can beat the expensive super capitals, but we are talking about superiority from launch.

This is the thing that bothers me.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by mazut
    Originally posted by Tamanous

They have been around for several games in development. I was mainly referring to the grotesque levels it is now reaching.

Pretty soon crowd funded games will only for the rich making games for the rich. They are now taking that away from you. Did you see some of the replies from players acting like $600 was not even worth a fart of consideration? What do you think those people pledged prior to that?

This game is being developed for the few investing the most cash. From this point forward we will clearly start seeing how every major game development choice will be dictated by who throws the most money at it. God help those peons paying a base client charge to jump into this game after release. You will be up against players worth hundreds of times the value that developers see you as. The amount of "game play" ... oh let's call it for what it is: grind ... you will have to go through to gain equal footing will be forever valued against what cost it takes to simply purchase it all. Grind will always lose out. Grind will become more grindy each day the devs find ways to suck more money out of those who pay.

This already happens in f2p games. The scale this game is managing to begin this process at is astounding.

Now this is probably the only adequate post here and this is my only concern as well. Will this players, who invested so much money and have super ships from day 1 be ruling the galaxy???!!! I don't have problem with small advantages, but will the gap be to large??? When I take game like EvE in account, some corporations there shown that a "swarm" of cheap small ships can beat the expensive super capitals, but we are talking about superiority from launch.

The universe will be populated by all sorts of ships on DAY 1 either flown by NPC or players and the Kythera AI is mimicking human skills already VERY welll (try wave 10 of Vanduul swarm in Arena commander..). Imagine how stupid it would be if the whole universe is populated only with the smallest starter ship? Immersion breaking and unrealistic.

it has been said many times the ships will be easily acquired in game and don´t forget you can only fly one at a time it doesn´t matter how big your collection is, only matters to the collector.

Besides for the random encounters you will not be thrown in to anyone overpowered because there will be matchmaking mechanics.

They´ll let you fly many ships in the single player campaign so you can decide which ones you want to get in the persistent universe. Take story driven missions and earn money, GTA style, then buy what you want

So other may have a head start with their ship collection, big effing deal!

Every MMO does it, put some money in and you get a bunch of rewards, not exactly new concept right? Only difference don´t forget the people pledged so that this game exists in the first place. Don´t let yourself limit your game experience because of jealousy that other people have more than you on DAY 1.

I am looking forward to earning all the cool stuff in game instead of flat out buying a dozen of nice ship hulls and only working for outfitting the equipment.

Originally posted by mazut

Chris Roberts officially stated that it takes about 60 hours of gameplay to get a multi-crew ship like the Constellation.

I think we can then safely assume that a single seater ship will take anywhere between 20 and 60 hours of gameplay.

Knowing some competitive multi-game guilds, i would be surprised if it takes them more than a month to be in possession of the very largest ship available in the game. Just for the "We are FIRST !!" bragging factor.

So ... every advantage someone with lots of money in the pledge phase had ... will be gone after a month ... three months at the absolute max IMHO. After all ... (s)he can only fly one ship at a time ... and won't be effective flying a multi-crew ship. This is NOT like flying a Titan in EVE Online. You won't be able to effectively fly a Bengal carrier or Idris corvette single-handed. And yes, I would be surprised if our ever liked Goonies do NOT come swarming into the SC universe from EVE ;-) to add some of their special .. ahem ... character.

CIG has also stated that the ratio of PC ships vs NPC ships will never be higher than approx. 1:10. So even larger groups of PCs acting disruptively will have to face down 9 times their number in (navy ? police ?) NPC ships if they get out of hand.

In short ... no one will "rule the galaxy".

Have fun

600$ ships are mainstream. High-end is  2500 , for now