Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Desperately looking for a MMORPG

KingFruutKingFruut Member Posts: 3

Hello!

I've started to look for a game in the past two weeks but couldn't find something.

Not every aspect has to be covered but most of them.

It would be awesome if you could name a game and list which of the following criterias apply to the game.

Criteria:

* Free-2-Play without heavy Pay-2-Win + MMORPG (not turn-based & no Shooter elements)
* Auto Loot or Loot Pets in the Cash Shop (max. 15€)
* Highly prefer PVE (no forced PVP)
* 3D with view from above (no 2D side-scroller, no isometric graphics)
* Client-based (no browser games)
* Tab-target for relaxed grinding/farming (no crazy action fights)
* Events with special drops (Halloween, New Year's Eve, Christmas, Easter...)
* Auction House and/or player shops
* Vanity/Fashion items in the Cash Shop (no time limit)
* WASD-movement, no time-limited Mounts, warehouse (some games don't have that...)
* Auto-pathing or an indicator on the map, where the quest mobs/items are
* enough inventory space without spending money (one inventory instead of multiple bags)
* no account/character bound items (especially for equipment/vanity)
* no/not many cutscenes (not interested in lore)
* obtaining skill points after quests/fights instead of level ups (like in Rappelz)
* rare items that make grinding/farming more interesting (like Pet cards in Rappelz)

I also appreciate games which are currently in Alpha / Closed Beta or soon to be released. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 5ubzer05ubzer0 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by KingFruut

Hello!

I've started to look for a game in the past two weeks but couldn't find something.

It would be awesome if you could name a game and list which of the following criterias apply to the game.

Criteria:

* Free-2-Play without heavy Pay-2-Win + MMORPG (not turn-based & no Shooter elements) It's F2P and no P2W
    * Auto Loot or Loot Pets in the Cash Shop (max. 15€) Yes, it has auto loot.
    * Highly prefer PVE (no forced PVP) Just play on a pve server.
    * 3D with view from above (no 2D side-scroller, no isometric graphics) Just look at screenshots.
    * Client-based (no browser games) Yes
    * Tab-target for relaxed grinding/farming (no crazy action fights) Yes
    * Events with special drops (Halloween, New Year's Eve, Christmas, Easter...) Yes. Last week was harvest festival, this week is some unicorn event thingy
    * Auction House and/or player shops Yes, but as a F2P player you must spend 5 Euro or $7 on the game to unlock the functionality to use the AH
    * Vanity/Fashion items in the Cash Shop (no time limit) There is a wardrobe system in game. Most of the vanity stuff you'll get by actually playing and not in the cash shop
    * WASD-movement, no time-limited Mounts, warehouse (some games don't have that...) Yes. Well, I use the mouse to move, but nothing stops you from using WASD.
    * Auto-pathing or an indicator on the map, where the quest mobs/items are Yes, sparkly circles on the map.
    * enough inventory space without spending money (one inventory instead of multiple bags) You get two bag slots unlocked as a F2P and the third when you spend the before mentioned 5 Euro. Just buy bigger bags in the auction house
    * no account/character bound items (especially for equipment/vanity) Some items are soul bound.
    * no/not many cutscenes (not interested in lore) Yes
    * obtaining skill points after quests/fights instead of level ups (like in Rappelz) Yes
    * rare items that make grinding/farming more interesting (like Pet cards in Rappelz) Sure, minion cards, mini pets, rare loot.

I also appreciate games which are currently in Alpha / Closed Beta or soon to be released. Thanks in advance!

Try Rift.

• KingFruutKingFruut Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the advice, but i sadly quit RIFT after playing only one hour (two days ago).

That's not much playtime but somehow i didn't like the game at all. 

(Is it normal that every skill goes on cooldown if you use any of your skills?!)

But since almost everything i'm looking for is there i might try it again some day...

• TheDoveTheDove Member Posts: 91
    ...(Is it normal that every skill goes on cooldown if you use any of your skills?!)...

yes. It called a global cooldown and a lot of games use it. Many have it, in the form of toon animation, to hide the CD.

It is to prevent a huge single burst of skill spamming via macro, specifically short/no animation skills. My Rift toon (wizard) would do game breakingly obscene amounts of damage without the GCD with a few spells that are practically instant cast. Wouldn't really ever use anything else and just melt everything in 2 seconds...

• preachmorepreachmore Member Posts: 75
    Tera

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

• preachmorepreachmore Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by preachmore
    Tera

Umm did you even read the OP?

He clearly said - tab target without action combat.

he also mentioned not every aspect needs to be covered

All-time fave : City of Heroes/Villains

Played and returning from time to time : GW2, Tera, CO

Played: Aion, Archeage, DCUO, FXIV:ARR, Rift, SWTOR, TSW, Vindictus, Wildstar

Playing atm : WoW, Hearthstone, Tera, GW2

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

EQ2 would hhave worked except that it is more or less pay2win. It's AA mechanics actually means you get skillpoints after fights now and then like you wanted.

GW2 would also have worked except that it is B2P and cost like 30 bucks to start playing. The combat there is tab based semi action combat though which mean you need to dodge and move out of the way now and then.

Vanguard is closed down... 

So I can't think think of any game just like you want, EQ2 and GW2 are the closest ones. EQ2 might be worth a try at least even if I would consider the initial 30 bucks for GW2 if I were you (and could live with dodging and some movement in combat).

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I have a feeling that you're looking a game with "good" solo content/experience. Unfortunately you won't find any of that in the old games. If you're not willing to be patient for mid to late game content which usually takes a few days (or weeks depending on your playtimes) to get to, then the only thing is to wait for a freshly released game. Just keep your eyes open and visit MMOGs covering site like this one.

I personally keep coming back to GW2, Aion and Tera all of the time. These three games have many features you've listed. Aion and GW2 got a content update just recently and Tera is getting one 16 DEC. Those updates however are centered around highlvl chars, so again, you won't see much life when soloing from the ground up. Although Aion's fast-track server does have mediocre low and midlvl activity.

Cheers.

P.S. Actually now that I gave it more thought, try Star Wars: The Old Republic. It probably has the best solo experience than any of currently released games. And after reaching the end of your char's personal story, you might find something new to play.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Thanks for the advice, but i sadly quit RIFT after playing only one hour (two days ago).

That's not much playtime but somehow i didn't like the game at all. 

(Is it normal that every skill goes on cooldown if you use any of your skills?!)

But since almost everything i'm looking for is there i might try it again some day...

You need to give it more than an hour. Rift is probably exactly what youre looking for but its a slow starter and will remain that way for a bit (*especially if your new)-

Good luck

• aftabbooaftabboo Member Posts: 67

Hello!

Criteria:

* Free-2-Play without heavy Pay-2-Win + MMORPG (not turn-based & no Shooter elements)
    * Auto Loot or Loot Pets in the Cash Shop (max. 15€)
    * Highly prefer PVE (no forced PVP)
    * 3D with view from above (no 2D side-scroller, no isometric graphics)
    * Client-based (no browser games)
    * Tab-target for relaxed grinding/farming (no crazy action fights)
    * Events with special drops (Halloween, New Year's Eve, Christmas, Easter...)
    * Auction House and/or player shops
    * Vanity/Fashion items in the Cash Shop (no time limit)
    * WASD-movement, no time-limited Mounts, warehouse (some games don't have that...)
    * Auto-pathing or an indicator on the map, where the quest mobs/items are
    * enough inventory space without spending money (one inventory instead of multiple bags)
    * no account/character bound items (especially for equipment/vanity)
    * no/not many cutscenes (not interested in lore)
    * obtaining skill points after quests/fights instead of level ups (like in Rappelz)
    * rare items that make grinding/farming more interesting (like Pet cards in Rappelz)

Personally, I would wait for skyforge or everquest next. Skyforge has an official release date of 2015, everquest next is suspected by some sources to be a late 2015 release.

The graphics on both of these games is astounding for a mmo rpg.

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Eldevin just got released on steam...TRY IT
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755

Im just waiting for those thousands of players on this site that a half year ago was shouting ARCHEAGE!

Now all of a sudden that voice has completely been lost...

Nowadays Rift is really the only game out there worth mentioning.

GW2 is crap, theme based and locked gameplay

EQ2? seriously? outdated by WoW !!

ESO is a great game, except the fake limitations and control of skills, limited to what now 5? for some odd reason

SWToR actually an ok game, just a little bit to stiff/locked in the old and not so good themepark way

We SO need some good new games !!

We might get some soon. The Repopulation looks to be a great game, and Camelot Unchained is under development

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Rift has most everything on your list.

• aftabbooaftabboo Member Posts: 67

like I said wait till 2015 for skyforge, everquest next and the repopulation.

The graphics on all 3 games gives me the level of immersion that I require from modern day games.

Until I get games with that level of visual quality, I am staying away from mmos and playing games like the witcher 3, dragon age 3, wasteland 2, pillars of eternity etc.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

What about the first guild wars?  Not sure what the population is like now, but unless you want to pvp I don't think it'll matter much.  It is b2p but if you shop around you should be able to get it dirt cheap.

Maybe Dungeons and dragon online or lord of the rings might be worth a look, but I think they've gone cash shop heavy now.

Games like anarchy and ryzom are free to a certain point and could also be worth a look if you don't mind that.

Uncharted waters could also be a maybe.

To the 'not released yet' list add black desert.

• KingFruutKingFruut Member Posts: 3

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Currently i've only two more questions regarding RIFT:

1) I've only played it for one hour and it was extremly annoying for me that you need to go near monsters until you could use your skills (and even basic attacks as far as i can remember). So instead of targeting something and pressing the button for attack / skill usage from afar you had to walk to the creature.

Is there any way to change this? I've only checked like 5 minutes (2 days ago) in the options & other stuff and couldn't find it.

2) Is there really autoloot? I remember that u had to pick items up yourself.

Edit:

Originally posted by Daft
    Eldevin just got released on steam...TRY IT

Just tried for half an hour. Not my type of game.