Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Second Anniversary Giveaway -- NS Deep Freeze Pistol!

Comments

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Going stealth as an infiltrator and ninja-ing your way through a base to disable the reactors is such an adrenaline rush.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I love PS2 because now with the P7S1 detour is over, with the transfer I can finally have only my original SOE account to pla... wait, nope. :) (still don't understand why they couldn't transfer back everything into the old account)

Jokes aside, PS2 is good for some occasional shooting around, without the tight-knit and well-oiled team mechanics of CS, just jump into a massive battle and shooting or healing folks. I use it when I'm in a mood for a quick adrenalin rush, or don't have much time for playing just 10-15min.

(ok, I admit it maybe doesn't make me a worthy candidate for the deep freeze :D )

• Cassan0vaCassan0va Member Posts: 66
    I love Planetside 2 Because there is nothing like it out there and it fits players of all types may it be Solo, Hardcore or even casual there is something from everyone in all shapes and sizes no other game can offer this experience in this scale and while being persistant.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Been playing since the original Planetside, its probably the best Online shooter there is, and its the only one to actually do the MMO part really well. Each faction has its own weaponry, ideology, and Music!  But sometimes when your stood there, with aircraft dogfighting above you, lightnings and prowlers surging ahead of you, with explosions all around you, it can feel amazing. Best thing about Planetside 2, no NPC's required! its War, and no other game does it better, or as good image
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I remember the first day I started playing Planetside 2. After so many FPS's confined to an arena I was taken back by the sheer scale and diversity of PS2, no confines and the ability to do whatever I choose and build my Avatar to suit my individual playstyle.

I think the game really comes into its own with team play, nothing beats being 1 in hundreds attacking a single target together vs a force of equal size from from ground and sky.

Here's to many more years of Planetside 2, the game that did it right :)

• defecteddefected Member UncommonPosts: 24
    because it rocks!
  • lauriszlaurisz Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I just love play with my squad mates, they are my best friends! 
  • natas453natas453 Member UncommonPosts: 2

I love it because us vanu conquer all other factions, prepare to be wiped out by our lazer beams and pew pew guns.

• PossumPossum Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Would tell why, but my GF told me that i am not allowed to love someone/something else but her.
  • mightpyromightpyro Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I love planetside 2 because of the size and the number of people on the map during a busy time.
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I like the way the game is set up.  No fee if I take a break upon returning.  I can jump in and find a good battle.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    Planetside 2 is the best MMO for busy dad gamers :)

• TheRabidsmurfTheRabidsmurf Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Ownage.
  • kardgarkardgar Member Posts: 4
    Because mowing down a room full of grunts in a MAX suit with mini-guns can make anyone feel better
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I love it because I dont always have a lot of time to play games but I can always fire it up and jump right into the action within seconds and have a blast.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• RattusRattus Member UncommonPosts: 31

While Planetside 2 is known for it's massive scale battles due to the large maps, this also allows for plenty of small squad fights when you feel you need to take the adrenalin down a notch. The variation in classes and the ability to switch it up between infantry, armour and air keeps me coming back for more!

Also... I love to hate the Vanu.

TR!

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    PS2 + 3 Factions = All out war on a massive scale!
  • BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Planetside 2 is great when my time is limited. If I only have thirty minutes to play I don't have to sit though long loading screens or navigate my way to battles. I can be in a massive fight instantly thanks to the instant action button or squad deploy.
  • minjaeminjae Member Posts: 1
    I like this game because it brings all the best aspects of many games together. Riding in vehicles, piloting ships, being the gunner, working with friends and strangers to take a sector. This game has something for everyone, and doesn't bind you to anything. You can go anywhere you want. You can actually stand on rocks instead of being pushed off by some unknown force, unlike many other games. You can snipe from the tallest mountain in the area or blow everything up with a tank. This game has everything.
  • DeathDealer2DeathDealer2 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    The fast game play with various styles of play supported
  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    How bout just please can I have one?

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I love the game's "war" feel on a grand scale.  It's an MMO in the true sense of  persistent world that isn't just some lobby deal of 20-min or less.   I can log out after losing 4 territorial zones and being push back, only to log in 2 days later and we own 2/3rds the map.  Being able to switch classes on the fly at stations is also a lot better than normal MMO concepts of leveling a character from 1-???+ of each class just to be able to PvP.  Truly a blast on an epic scale.   Also...tanks and planes, tanks and planes!

• FlyinDutchman87FlyinDutchman87 Member UncommonPosts: 336

Because it's the first game that hasn't been afraid to go TOO big. 

You see how excited everyone is for 32/32 action in BF games. Well in PS2 you can have 320v320v320.

Go big or go home. 

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

What other game lets you log in, hot drop in on some action and bag some fish heads all within a couple minutes after a gruelling day at work?

And hey, 3 way PVP is PVP done right!

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

I enjoy playing PS2 with my kids. It allows me to demonstrate the reality of:

'Age and wisdom will overcome youth and vigor'

I may not have the fastest reflexes anymore, but I can use strategy and planning to put myself in the right place, at the right time, to make up the difference.

This discussion has been closed.