Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor RIP #2 - Symbiosis

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As I made meandered through Warlords of Draenor in order to level from 94 to 100 this week, I was astonished at the way that all systems seem to feed into one another. Each quest seems to stack upon the next in this at times overwhelming chain of adventure designed to gradually see characters grow to max level and see them geared at least moderately well by the time they hit 100. That's not to say, of course, that the journey is over at 100, but it is the focus of this week's article.

Read more of Suzie Ford's World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor RIP #2 - Symbiosis.

Who are all these people and who's going to feed them!?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Having a blast again, and can t wait to see whats next.
  • damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

I am having a fantastic time. I actually enjoy doing all the quests and bonus exp events. The garrison is awesome, I feel like I am building something of my own in wow. It sucks that I had to pay 25 dollars for a transfer off of Tichondrius just so I could play tho. 

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Originally posted by damond5031

I am having a fantastic time. I actually enjoy doing all the quests and bonus exp events. The garrison is awesome, I feel like I am building something of my own in wow. It sucks that I had to pay 25 dollars for a transfer off of Tichondrius just so I could play tho. 

Oh no! you should have waited, they fixed the servers on Monday ... :( .. doubled the amount of servers 2x before WoD released. No queues on anywhere now. 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Really fun xpack so far. I do think leveling may be a bit quick, as I'm already level 97 after a week and I've only played about 12 hours total since launch, but there's so much to do at 100 I suppose that's by design.

• SeirothSeiroth Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by damond5031

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a realm transfer back and a refund if you explained the reason for your transfer. At least it's a possibility.  They admit they messed up and if they were willing to give every subscriber 5 days of free play time they might also accommodate a refund for someone like yourself who tried to fix the problem through other means.

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    I strongly enjoy the latest expansion. I actually enjoy WoW more now than I have ever done before, and I've been playing it on and off since release. I just hope the raids will be cool too.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507

I am having a great time...and the wars in Asharn are really well made!

For me its time for molten core now! :D

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I know it's completely shallow but I'm waiting to see the new blood elf models before I spend anymore money on WoW.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

The real Azeroth...? Suzie, I like you... but you do know Draenor isn't Azeroth, right? It's another planet...

Ironically, you could say it's not even the real Draenor since it's an alternate timeline in the past lol.

Still having a !@#$ tons of fun though, great review so far!

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Certainly one of their best expansions, it beats panda land and cataclysm by a long shot on all fronts minus raids, since we can't comment on raiding yet.

Is it the best expansion? That all depends on whether or not we still have a reason to play in a month from now after we've all burned through the non-raiding content. Another major factor is the pace of content updates rolling in.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Oh yeah, everyone have "blast" just wait 3 months and then make a fucking review again without your euphoria.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• aakandoaakando Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I got burned out on wow years ago, but I thought I would give this a shot.  I'm glad I did.  I love my garrison, and even fishing doesn't feel like a grind anymore.  Blizzard really outdid themselves on this one.  My "bodyguard" is really cool too.
  • fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288
    The only thing I hate is they just abruptly got rid of personal loot without warning.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Yeah! Wait until the "euphoria" of enjoying the game wears off and then write a review!

He might be on to something. Wait until you're done having fun and then just write about how the games not fun and completely skip writing about the part where you did have fun.

My new review of Super Mario Brothers:

I don't own the game anymore, or a Nintendo, therefore I don't think the game is fun. It might have been fun when I played it, but there's no sense in discussing that in my review.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by fearu
    The only thing I hate is they just abruptly got rid of personal loot without warning.

Personal loot was "ninja'd" back in. At least in most of the dungeons I had, I had one with a group pool but the rest after that today were indivudalized.

Edit: to add, the "new car smell" will end fast if they dont add raiding by next month (I think they said january that they were planning?). I'm already working on my 4th 100, at 97 atm. Story is excellent but you an only watch stuff so many times. Only thing I'm really hoping in regards to raids is that bosses drop resources.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by kairel182
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    Yeah! Wait until the "euphoria" of enjoying the game wears off and then write a review!

He might be on to something. Wait until you're done having fun and then just write about how the games not fun and completely skip writing about the part where you did have fun.

I don't own the game anymore, or a Nintendo, therefore I don't think the game is fun. It might have been fun when I played it, but there's no sense in discussing that in my review.

You're being a tad ridiculous, regardless of proving a point.  The suggestion is the "new game euphoria" can be established in any game you're enjoying, but as we all know that can change quickly.

A review should be an on-going affair for an MMO.  There were initial reviews for games on this site that have COMPLETELY changed since they released, yet the site has them still listed with faults and low scores from previous factors that are non-existent now.

I would be more interested to see how the long term review/enjoyment goes rather than just another "WoW expansion, much fun, very wow!" which is just status quo by this point.

I agree, I am enjoying the game so far, but I am not being completely blown away like most people seem to be. To me the shock of leveling a 1-90 was much much more thrilling experience after taking a LONG haitus from the game since about 2 months after WOTLK launched.

I know some people are saying MoP sucked, but I guess coming from someone who plays many mmos and isn't a diehard WoW player, they seem very similar to me.  I will wait to see how this game holds it salt in a more long-term review.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    the game is average,only bought it cause there are no other good games now.
  • mac6115cdmac6115cd Member UncommonPosts: 15

This is the first time since original WoW that I'm not focusing on leveling. I'm trying to actually do everything I can in each zone - it's that good.

It's fun to learn how to use my profession buildings in my garrison. And for "player housing", Blizzard did it right - focusing on doing things versus just decorating. I hope other developers take note.

WoD feels more like a completely new game, not just an expansion. Well done, Blizzard!

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by kairel182

You're being a tad ridiculous, regardless of proving a point.  The suggestion is the "new game euphoria" can be established in any game you're enjoying, but as we all know that can change quickly.

A review should be an on-going affair for an MMO.  There were initial reviews for games on this site that have COMPLETELY changed since they released, yet the site has them still listed with faults and low scores from previous factors that are non-existent now.

I would be more interested to see how the long term review/enjoyment goes rather than just another "WoW expansion, much fun, very wow!" which is just status quo by this point.

Yeah, I agree the person you quoted may be a bit... excessive.

After all, what is a few months compared to ten years?  Haha.  Though seriously, people are just saying they enjoy an expansion.  They hook is already in, and the game is proven, if after ten years there is still 10,000,000 (not counting new subs from areas outside of NA/EU since they weren't released until after the announcement was made).  Sure, expansions always bring back, but if people enjoy it even for the new content, then the game is likely great, even if someone personally hates it.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • Samantha2009Samantha2009 Member Posts: 7
    I tend to disagree. I think there is a lot to do. I'm only level 97 and still have all kinds of questing to do, in fact I've found that the questlines are much less mainstreamed then they have been for the last 3 expansions. I love the bonus agendas they've added to my leveling in a very enjoyable way. Pets and toys no longer take up space in my bank. I have more room then I've ever had before. Loving the expansion and actually looking forward to leveling my alts in this one, which is more than I could say for the last two.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

The real Azeroth...? Suzie, I like you... but you do know Draenor isn't Azeroth, right? It's another planet...

Ironically, you could say it's not even the real Draenor since it's an alternate timeline in the past lol.

Still having a !@#$ tons of fun though, great review so far!

Perhaps she meant the real "Outland" as in what it looked like before it was shattered? I have to say though, after seeing what Outland was like before it was broken, Draenor's cataclysm was way worse than what happened to Azeroth. :-)

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

Review in progress = RIP

You would think you could come up with something better than that, maybe it's an attempt at click bait?  WoW Draenor RIP!

Anyway amazing expansion so far, really impressed with what they have managed to do after the failure of MoP.

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

WOD is a great expansion though I still like BC and WOLK better. Leveling is fun again and garrisons are a blast.  However, crafting now sucks. Jewelscrafdting - as there are almost no slots jewelcrafting is useless except for a few armor items. Alchemy - no healing potions except a rejuv potion that can only be used by alchemists. Blacksmithing - just like alchemy - the almost best (not the rarest) requires a blacksmithing level of 1. 

Long term the changes may hurt. What is the use of the garrison buildings when you cannot use anything except for the professions that you have?

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by amber-r

Review in progress = RIP

You would think you could come up with something better than that, maybe it's an attempt at click bait?  WoW Draenor RIP!

Anyway amazing expansion so far, really impressed with what they have managed to do after the failure of MoP.

She knew she'd get hits from the WoW haters.  Then she pulled the ol' bait and switch.  ;)  Brilliant strategy, actually.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by fearu

They reverted that.