Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2500$ ship announced. -Javelin - diehard fans prepare wallet

motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
CIG is preparing a deadly ship -Javelin - that will make idris look like chidren toy. The new javelin will own all... well until next sale at least.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Oh it's you again - do you have sources for your claims this time?

By now I think it's obvious you are just spreading rumors to troll.

I don't like the donation madness of this game in the least but what you are doing is lame.

Harbinger of Fools
  • motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152

JAVELIN

<a js-open-in-slideshow"="" data-source_url="/media/sos6io7q0eargr/source/Javelin_REV2_RearView_Hobbins.png" rel="post">

In addition to the limited ships above, we will also be offering limited allotments of a brand new Star Citizen capital ship! Friday, November 28th will see the launch of the largest capital ship we will make available to players during the pledge campaign: the Javelin destroyer. 200 Javelins will be sold for $2,500 each,

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I don't like the donation madness of this game in the least but what you are doing is lame.

Nope its real.  

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/203430/bam-javelin-destoyer-2500/p1

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Agreed.

This thread is now about the color, "Purple".  Discuss~

For LUL before you edit your post

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14314-Star-Citizen-Anniversary-Sale

JAVELIN

<a js-open-in-slideshow"="" data-source_url="/media/sos6io7q0eargr/source/Javelin_REV2_RearView_Hobbins.png" rel="post">

In addition to the limited ships above, we will also be offering limited allotments of a brand new Star Citizen capital ship! Friday, November 28th will see the launch of the largest capital ship we will make available to players during the pledge campaign: the Javelin destroyer. 200 Javelins will be sold for $2,500 each,

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Acidon

Agreed.

Might want to read the other posts before you stick your foot in your mouth.  The sale is real.  

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

God I should hope a capital ship worth hundreds of hours of gameplay costs an arm and a leg.

I look forward to working my way up to one of these suckers.

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515

Time to Catch some!!!::

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    how big is this ship i wonder?  and how many people can fit in it
    Originally posted by Beanpuie
    how big is this ship i wonder?  and how many people can fit in it

Aparently bigger than idris. And you can fly it solo with npc crew. 3-4 ships like this will deny access to a system and willl be  virtualy unkilable. 

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

The way it looks Star Citizen will be another highly anticipated game where the way it chooses to monetize might backfire on them. If crucial part of the game is "collecting ships" and they interfere this gameplay feature with the cash shop design the game will be less than what it could be, thus it will be less successful.

If I had billions of $ In my bank account I would still remain on my decision. I want to push games forward and not spending on certain monetizing models is one way to cast my vote for the future of gaming in general. The gamer should not be spending more than $50-70 a year on any single game, period.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Mensur

Time to Catch some!!!::

Harpoon

Ya bet ya!

But at least you cant accuse them of using microtransactions to milk the $ out of the whales... Not by a long shot!

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

Thar she blows!

If you wanna catch a whale, you need mega-macrotransactions.

• SoandsosoSoandsoso Member Posts: 533

So far I have seen a whole lot you can spend money on but no game to play.

This is becoming digital space ship collecting.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

If you've got a willing horse, beat it another mile.....

Given that they are likely hemorrhaging at least 3 million a month in expenditures, they need to keep that money coming in. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Originally posted by Arglebargle

If you've got a willing horse, beat it another mile.....

Given that they are likely hemorrhaging at least 3 million a month in expenditures, they need to keep that money coming in. 

Or they can launch a playable alpha. (no the arena and racing are no game. star conflict which is free is 10 times better at arena)

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Crazy lol plus ships over 1k$ have LTI lmao

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552

I have this image of some poor guy in Africa hearing about people in the west spending more money than he makes in a year on an imaginary spaceship in a video game which doesn't actually  exist...How crazy it must seem.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Ok, I was wrong. I was sure you are a troll baiting the fanboys and haters.

That possibility seemed much more likely than a company demanding 2500$ for a virtual item after denying they have anything like this planned.

I was already grossed out by the 350$ ships but this makes me want to contact one of the voodoo priests that advertise on this site and buy a black magic spell to bring misfortune to this company.

Harbinger of Fools
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by TheYear1500
    Originally posted by Acidon

Agreed.

Might want to read the other posts before you stick your foot in your mouth.  The sale is real.  

Nothing has changed.  I still think that continuing to report on this is ridiculous at this point.  It really doesn't matter whether this particular one is "real" or not.

Carry on.

EDIT: Purple.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Anniversary-Sale and the game hasn't launched yet.  Must be an instant classic.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by grndzro

God I should hope a capital ship worth hundreds of hours of gameplay costs an arm and a leg.

I look forward to working my way up to one of these suckers.

Right... because no game has ever offered hundreds of hours of gameplay for less than $2,500... lol I am in no way against cash shops especially when it comes to crowd funded games, but this is a little insane. It's the equivalent of Blizzard offering the Garrisons in WoW for $1,000 limited quantity instead of a feature for everyone. 

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

I wonder who will buy this 100,000$ death star.

Death Star, now on sale! Only 1 00 0000 $ - Only one copy available due to pixel rarity. digital product, it is by no means a real world death star is only available in pixels in a game that I may or may not make or intend to finish. Any bids are bound by a law I just made up and no refunds are accepted. Breach of this contract will result in a lawsuit and will for sure bankrupt you and your entire family.

I will now accept bids, any takers?

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Kickstarter may never recover when this multimillion dollar scam crashes and burns. The P2W in this game will be of epic proportions, assuming they don't just keep peddling ships for a few years before they sell the game off via Oculus Rift style.
  • IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    oh yeah..some people need to be relieved from the burden of their coin