Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard to be shamed and blamed on BBC Watchdog :/

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by delta9
    Originally posted by Fanboy85
    Btw I love how you try to lie to or hide facts to cover up your blind support for Blizzard,

That report on broadband not being installed was about how BT broadband was paid to install broadband for an entire block of flats but it took the 8 monthes to set it up despite being paid for 8 monthes for a whole block of flats.

That's a pretty big abuse and its good they reported on it like they reported on Blizzard for abuse.

Don't try to lie like a fanboy, say all the facts.

Edit: Btw it wasn't just broadband, it was phone lines too.

ok ok 1 last bite... :)

i haven't lied or hidden any facts your imagination is running wild!(watchdog can be watched on the iplayer right now what am i hiding?)

if bt had abused its customers then ofcom (the actual regulatory body) would be involved in the case - but it isnt

sure the service BT gave those people in the flats wasn't great - but that is not a breach of anyones rights 

it is not a right to have the internet which is why the solution was  (to paraphrase) "bt have said they are sorry and will do better from now on and you can now contact them directly"

The feature is simply Watchdog sensationalising bad customer service like i said they do many posts ago

You probably wont be hearing from him again. His account (the 4th or 5th) must have been banned because he already started posting with a new one. http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6515272#6515272

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by iridescence

Of course it's a good thing. As a well respected global journalistic organization, I trust the BBC to investigate and portray this fairly. The fanboys saying we should never criticize Blizzard "cos they would never rip anyone off evar!" scare me. All big corporations screw their customers to a certain extent. It's part of their nature.

You believing this would be REALLY scary.

There are no longer any journalist organizations that can be trusted. Each and every one now has ratings as their number one priority.  Closely followed by the ideology of the people in charge. 

Blizzard  bit this bullet and said they screwed up and gave everyone that were subbed 5 days time. Not a lot more they can do really.   All the rest is just spin...from each their own spin of course...but still spin. Both pro and con.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

BBC Watchdog should look at Trion's business practice rather than Blizzard. They are looking at the wrong company.

^

theyd have a field day with archeage.

A bunch of people getting stuck in queues in an ultra successful expansion of the most popular mmo in history while also being reimbursed subscription time, is hardly news worthy.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Doubt Blizzard really cares about this. Blizzard is criticized daily on gaming sites by haters yet still pull in millions of players...and what percentage of players or future players will care about this. Just sad pathetic people riding Blizzard's coat tales again.
  • iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Of course it's a good thing. As a well respected global journalistic organization, I trust the BBC to investigate and portray this fairly. The fanboys saying we should never criticize Blizzard "cos they would never rip anyone off evar!" scare me. All big corporations screw their customers to a certain extent. It's part of their nature.

There are no longer any journalist organizations that can be trusted. Each and every one now has ratings as their number one priority.  Closely followed by the ideology of the people in charge. 

Uh, yeah because I'm sure the BBC cares enough about this to lie about a company with very deep pockets for ratings or "ideology" when there are many other consumer abuses by different companies they could cover.

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305

BBC Watchdog should look at Trion's business practice rather than Blizzard. They are looking at the wrong company.

This.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Uh, yeah because I'm sure the BBC cares enough about this to lie about a company with very deep pockets for ratings or "ideology" when there are many other consumer abuses by different companies they could cover.

That is the point though, Blizzard is pretty good about it's expansions. while other companies are far worse. but it was pointed out that the BBC would rather go after a big company than go after companies that were actually doing wrong.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    The funny thing is iridescence missed the point of the post.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

I love how the OP starts a thread on this site today, linking to a thread from the before Blizz not only fixed every single issue, but also before they announced they would be giving everyone 5 days worth of game time to make up for the 3 days that the game was unplayable for a large chunk of players...

Its literally like since it was announced that not only is WoD tied for the highest 1 day sales of any MMO, expansion pack or full release, but tthat the game also got back over 3 million subscribers, its haters heads are now exploding lmao. This is pretty entertaining.

I wonder how many more anti WoW threads are going to be created in the next few days by the same few people...its like the their worlds are coming to an end lol.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Blizzard gave 5 free days, which they had no legal obligation to do. That 5 days more than covered the launch problems....

I honestly don't know what the problem could be, or how the product was "Not as described" because all the features they said would be there are there.

Every MMO has launch issues, Blizzard did not expect to gain so many subs, its understandable that the servers had issues I would have been surprised if they had not had issues.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Doubt Blizzard really cares about this. Blizzard is criticized daily on gaming sites by haters yet still pull in millions of players...and what percentage of players or future players will care about this. Just sad pathetic people riding Blizzard's coat tales again.

I'm sure that they will cry a river as they make another billion plus dollars over the next year on this game alone....... image

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

So many blizzard apologists its hilarious. Keep it going guys, you're going to surpass the TESO whiteknights in these boards. attaboy

They straightforward lied about being under DDoS, just like Trion and every other MMO studio. Fact of the matter is, nobody gives a shit about those studios to DDoS them for no profit. They had massive surge in players and still did nothing. An year ago at least Square Enix stopped sales to accomodate the already paying bunch. That's why they have a good name at the moment. Blizzard however ..... well ... lets just say this is not the blizzard from 10 years ago.

You don't need to apologize on the behalf of a massive gaming company that rips people off. They have PR teams for that. Let those guys work a little to earn their salaries. Stop doing their job :D

Link please? Yeah...that's what I thought. I think some fans of other games are upset that this expansion was so successful and that it sold more copies on the first day than their favorite game has sold in its lifetime. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

I thought I already covered this. They don't report on small companies which affect very few people.

They only report on big abuses of the uk public just like crimewatch doesn't report every crime in the uk, just the most violent ones.

Don't you mean report on a perceived abuse of a bunch of self-absorbed whiny MMO players?

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

So many blizzard apologists its hilarious. Keep it going guys, you're going to surpass the TESO whiteknights in these boards. attaboy

They straightforward lied about being under DDoS, just like Trion and every other MMO studio. Fact of the matter is, nobody gives a shit about those studios to DDoS them for no profit. They had massive surge in players and still did nothing. An year ago at least Square Enix stopped sales to accomodate the already paying bunch. That's why they have a good name at the moment. Blizzard however ..... well ... lets just say this is not the blizzard from 10 years ago.

You don't need to apologize on the behalf of a massive gaming company that rips people off. They have PR teams for that. Let those guys work a little to earn their salaries. Stop doing their job :D

Link please? Yeah...that's what I thought. I think some fans of other games are upset that this expansion was so successful and that it sold more copies on the first day than their favorite game has sold in its lifetime. 

Don't argue with him, hes literally gone insane because of the sales/subs announcment form Blizz today.

How did I come to that conclusion?

2 glaring things..

First, he said this "They had massive surge in players and still did nothing"

In reality, Blizzard replaced all of their f**ckin servers after 1 day of queues and performance issues (who does that??), and had all issue fixed by Saturday morning...

Second, he says: "at least Square Enix stopped sales to accomodate the already paying bunch. That's why they have a good name"

FFXIV ARR had worse issue that lasted 2 weeks....I still have a screencap of my PS3 server selection list a week after launch with all the NA servers taken offline because they couldn't accomodate their "paying bunch"...I couldnt even create a toon until 4 days after I bought the game.....on any server...that went on for over a week for many poeple...that never even came close to happening with WoD

image Here it is from back then...

So lets recap......WoD launches with record sales/players, it has major server and stabality issues bacause of it....within 1 day, Blizz upgraded/replaced their entire server farm, and had all issues fixed by Saturday morning (3 days total). FFXIV, on the other had, had similar issues, but ended up locking entire datacenters for over a week after launch, yet Square "handled their issues better than Blizz"???

its amaizing watching peoples lives collaps at the news that WoD is doing so well from a player feedback AND sales perspective...

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Don't argue with him, hes literally gone insane because of the sales/subs announcment form Blizz today.

How did I come to that conclusion?

2 glaring things..

First, he said this "They had massive surge in players and still did nothing"

In reality, Blizzard replaced all of their f**ckin servers after 1 day of queues and performance issues (who does that??), and had all issue fixed by Saturday morning...

Second, he says: "at least Square Enix stopped sales to accomodate the already paying bunch. That's why they have a good name"

FFXIV ARR had worse issue that lasted 2 weeks....I still have a screencap of my PS3 server selection list a week after launch with all the NA servers taken offline because they couldn't accomodate their "paying bunch"...I couldnt even create a toon until 4 days after I bought the game.....on any server...that went on for over a week for many poeple...that never even came close to happening with WoD

image Here it is from back then...

So lets recap......WoD launches with record sales/players, it has major server and stabality issues bacause of it....within 1 day, Blizz upgraded/replaced their entire server farm, and had all issues fixed by Saturday morning (3 days total). FFXIV, on the other had, had similar issues, but ended up locking entire datacenters for over a week after launch, yet Square "handled their issues better than Blizz"???

its amaizing watching peoples lives collaps at the news that WoD is doing so well from a player feedback AND sales perspective...

WoW...the game people love to hate...

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I played the 1st 3 months WOW was released and havent touched it. I resubbed to try WOD and am having soooooooooo much fun. yea it was a little wonky for 2 days but most newly POPULAR released expansions and games are like that.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504

I am glad that our consumer rights oversight bodies in the UK don't answer to WoW fans because according to you the company is always right and the consumer is always wrong.

Personally, I think its good that we have oversight bodies in the UK which report on abuses carried out by big companies but hey maybe that's just me or the UK.

Go Figure.

hate to tell you but a small amount of research into what is actuall "Just a TV show" nothing more will show you that Watchdogs has no tie in's to any regaulatory body of govenment concearning consumer rights. it's basically like A Current Affair in Australia, they report on dodgy workmen and services, people conducting fraud etc... but generally they have no real power over what happens except they can report their findings to the authorities just like watchdogs can decide to do so if required... just like you can... just like anyone can, they can also advise you on what course of action to take if you are still unhappy with the response you recieve eg. Legal... but as an entity they are not a regulatory government insitution.

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962

Well let's see how their other pathetic tactics work:

1) Cry and whine like an entitled little shit...Failed

2) Demand 30 days free because you couldn't log in for 3 days...Failed they only got 5

3) Change.org petition...Failed

4) Threaten lawsuits...Failed

its clear these idiots are nothing but failures.  They will continue to cry and whine bacause their parents and teachers told them they are special snowflakes.  They got trophies for finishing last their entire life.  It's frightening these type may run the world some day...

• mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35

2) Demand 30 days free because you couldn't log in for 3 days...Failed they only got 5

its clear these idiots are nothing but failures.  They will continue to cry and whine bacause their parents and teachers told them they are special snowflakes.  They got trophies for finishing last their entire life.  It's frightening these type may run the world some day...

no they wont, they will expect everything to be handed to them and never work hard enough to achieve anything worthwhile like running a country, there will always be more dedicated, harder working, better of people to outshine these people.

Originally posted by mbrodie
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35

no they wont, they will expect everything to be handed to them and never work hard enough to achieve anything worthwhile like running a country, there will always be more dedicated, harder working, better of people to outshine these people.

Yeah I agree let's just hope none of them skip through the cracks...
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by reeereee
    I take it this means the queues are still bad?

Actually, no, they're not bad at all anymore, at least not on the server I'm on.  I'm on one of the original launch servers with a HUGE population, and my queues were upwards of over 5,000+ on Friday and Saturday, but as of Monday, I was able to get right in, with a queue of only 9 on Monday, which took less than a minute to clear up.

The queues took hours, so I opted to log into another game over the weekend.  I figure they got cheap and decreased the amount of servers that supported their infrastructure until they had a good idea of how many people were actually going to re-subscribe.

Anywho, fun expansion so far, love the new Garrison system, it's amazing.  I'm sure some folks would want to keep being angry, I know I did for a while, but I'm glad I gave it another chance, despite the horrible 'Kung Fu Panda' expansion.

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by d_20

In principle, you may be right, but Trion is too trivial to take note of. Can you be sure they will even be in business five years from now?

Can you be sure that any of us will be here 5 years from now?

Trion has no offices outside of US - UK based watchdog companies can't touch them.

Blizzard does.

UK based watchdogs can't touch Blizzard either. Just because a couple spoiled little shits couldn't play a video game for three days doesn't mean they did anything wrong.  These idiots went to a lawyer the lawyer read the TOS/EULA laughed at the ignorant entitled shits and told them to go away.  Now those little shits are hoping to try another venture that will like everything else fail.  
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff3

UK based watchdogs can't touch Blizzard either. Just because a couple spoiled little shits couldn't play a video game for three days doesn't mean they did anything wrong.  These idiots went to a lawyer the lawyer read the TOS/EULA laughed at the ignorant entitled shits and told them to go away.  Now those little shits are hoping to try another venture that will like everything else fail.  

One would be a fool to think that being featured on watchdog isn't bad for Blizzard. It's the worst kind of publicity they could get and will cost them financially. People trust the show and if they warn them off of buying something then generally they will avoid.

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff3

One would be a fool to think that being featured on watchdog isn't bad for Blizzard. It's the worst kind of publicity they could get and will cost them financially. People trust the show and if they warn them off of buying something then generally they will avoid.

I guess this is how toothbrushes in the UK got a bad rep.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by reeereee
    I take it this means the queues are still bad?

Queue's are completely gone for me, and we got 5 free days of playtime, thats more days then i had issues with the game.

People are just impatient spoiled kids.