Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A couple of graphics tweaks

IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Cut scenes in this game are "clamped" at a maximum of 30 FPS. IT's very easy to unlock it though. Here's what you do:

In Origin, right click on DAI. Choose "Game properties" from the pop-up menu then copy and paste this text into the "Command Line Arguments" text box:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

That will allow cut-scenes to run at whatever FPS you system can do... it looks much better. Credit for this one to Ben Laws, the guy did a youtube video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70DxlW0nb0

Secondly, if you're running the game at 1080p or better Antialiasing is not a huge problem. For better performance at almost zero visual quality loss, go into Options > Graphics and scroll all the way to the bottom. Turn off "Multi Sampling anti aliasing" and you can leave on the option just above that "Post Process Anti-aliasing"

I have everything maxed except for that one tweak and the game runs great (i7 4770k @ 4.2 & Radeon 7970)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
― CD PROJEKT RED

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    This didn't work for me.. Well it might have on the cut scenes, but I'm not certain about that. What I do know that it did, is it slowed my in game movement WAY down and made the game almost unplayable.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I've heard the game has a problem with Nvidia cards.  I know Nvidia just released an updated driver to address some issues.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Emeraq
    This didn't work for me.. Well it might have on the cut scenes, but I'm not certain about that. What I do know that it did, is it slowed my in game movement WAY down and made the game almost unplayable.

The slow down is probably unrelated. It happened to me last night and a quit/restart fixed it...memory leak I think.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    If a memory leak caused the slow down, it helped with the first 'tutorial' boss. I whiped 3 times on him last night (on normal) and normal combat speed, but the slow down actually helped manage my battle and I was able to beat him. blessing in disguise, I suppose.