Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mounts in gw2 after 2 years, give your opinion

Comments

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

I wish we had mounts. We can mount the magic stick and carpet... but most folks probably don't consider those as mounts. I wish we had mounts but I don't see them being implemented this year. If they don't get added by next year then chances are it'll never happen. Has there ever been an MMO that waited 3-4 years before introducing mounts?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I would say yes for a cosmetic reason only in the PvE area, there is no need to go faster there with all the portals available. In WvWvW I would vote yes for faster travel time though.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874
    What is the point with fast travel absolutely everywhere? 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I hope to never see mounts in GW2.  The game doesnt need them. 
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Kinda pointless with Wp everywhere, but fluffy thing like the broom, drill and magic carpet bring money to Anet and dont interfere with gameplay so more power to ppl who want to look pretty o/

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Do I want a mount in GW2: YES!

Even with fast travel, there is a crap ton of running in GW2! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Mounts are beneficial to both the game company and customers since you can always sell certain ones in the shop and make other types come from certain world bosses. My biggest grip with the game is that the skill system should've been like GW1. You could spend hundreds of hours at least on that game trying to get skills alone. Plus it added a lot of versatility, so there was no real cookie-cutter builds around, everyone was different and had their own playstyle.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

there's a cosmetic mount thats been around since Halloween 2012

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Enchanted_Broom

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164

Faster travel is required in wvw. There are very few wp's and these are usually contested anyway!

And given that you can be killed at anytime via a zerg that appears out of nowhere, it is either spend most of your game time being bored running sometimes a whole map height back to the action or implement faster mounts.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

anet stated it at start there wont be any mounts

dunno why ppl still ask for them

and mounts in wvw? this will be totaly unbalanced then and p2w

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Your whine works In Your head because your head by pretending you believe explorers want mounts, but we don't.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by gw2fool

Faster travel is required in wvw. There are very few wp's and these are usually contested anyway!

And given that you can be killed at anytime via a zerg that appears out of nowhere, it is either spend most of your game time being bored running sometimes a whole map height back to the action or implement faster mounts.

WvW travel is already too fast, especially for big zerg groups.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    GW2 has plenty of fast travel points, that mounts aren't really needed.  But they are a nice to have.  It is kinda fun to see different people riding different mounts, and kitting them out.

I self identify as a monkey.

• No. Absolutely not!

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    For a game with horizontal progression as its selling point, this should be a no-brainer. Rare mounts and cosmetic armor for them could provide another goal for players. That is something that this game is lacking. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    My opinion: There's no reason to have mounts in GW2. I actually prefer not having them, now. It's really annoying trying to wade through a sea of them clustered around a point of interest.

<3

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Yes to racial mounts.

Yes to class mounts.

Yes to all mounts!

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Double post please delete.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

No to mounts, I played a few games with mounts and they cripple your walking speed to make the mount seem fast.

Just got a mount in Rift and it doesn't even put me up to the normal running speed of gw2 without swiftness -_- Just feels like a scam.

• KhorraxKhorrax Member UncommonPosts: 53

I don't really understand why people are so obsessed with having mounts in Guild Wars 2. It's already been said that there are waypoints and the swiftness buff that make mounts unnecessary.

So unless they add mounted combat in the game (and they won't), I see mounts as a waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere - like new weapons and skills for every profession and the ability to arrange said skills however I see fit on my skill bar.

• poisonwellpoisonwell Member UncommonPosts: 4
    <pre a="" all="" bringing="" come="" data-fulltext="" data-placeholder="Traducci
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I only want content that works.

My only game where I use mounts is swtor and whenever I have to hop over a rock or anything I feel that the animations and reactions of my speeder are completely idiotic. 

It's like crippling a Jedi and forcing him to ride a wheelchair.

The worlds in swtor are totally flat in comparison to gw2 so there is no way they could pull this off without ruining the feeling of exploring.

Reaching a vista on top of a hard to reach spot with a mount? No, thank you.

Harbinger of Fools
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by poisonwell
    <pre a="" all="" bringing="" come="" data-fulltext="" data-placeholder="Traducci
  • XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I only want content that works.

My only game where I use mounts is swtor and whenever I have to hop over a rock or anything I feel that the animations and reactions of my speeder are completely idiotic. 

It's like crippling a Jedi and forcing him to ride a wheelchair.

The worlds in swtor are totally flat in comparison to gw2 so there is no way they could pull this off without ruining the feeling of exploring.

Reaching a vista on top of a hard to reach spot with a mount? No, thank you.

Some console games did it right, like Shadow of the Colossus, Red Dead Redemption etc. And TERA, Wildstar and Archeage also have nice mounts/animation. It's totally possible to do better than SWTOR.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Xepherd

Some console games did it right, like Shadow of the Colossus, Red Dead Redemption etc. And TERA, Wildstar and Archeage also have nice mounts/animation. It's totally possible to do better than SWTOR.

Do these games have jumping puzzles and paths where you have to walk on tiny ledges?

I played Tera and ArcheAge and both have flat worlds with only few mountains and hills - but long long roads made for mounts.

Those worlds were made for mounts and the GW2 world simply wasn't. The mounts you listed would fail badly on GW2.

Harbinger of Fools