Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst review I ever read

Comments

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

just a heads-up, I thought DA2 was step in the right direction…yeah, I'm one of those people

I actually like articles that start like this. It saves me time. For this one for example I closed the tab as soon as I read that. His opinion about games is not something I care about so thanks to the writer for putting that line right in the beginning. 

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by jpnole
    What piss poor journalism: http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc/#disqus_thread

Why?

I bothered to read the review, i got to say it is about 10,000% better than your one liner. Since it had his feelings and WHY he had those feeling about the game.

And i will include a working link since you could not even bother to do that well either.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc/#disqus_thread

Now, i do not know that person, nor have i read his reviews before. Which to me, is 90% of IF i will give a review any weight. You need to have something to compare against. Has that reviewer put out reviews you have agreed with before? And they have been accurate?  You know things you need BEFORE you start to review a reviewer :P

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I don't see how it's so piss poor, he just shared his opinion on essentially having to find his own way, as well as piece together what was going on himself. IF having a different view on how games should be made is piss poor journalism to you, I don't know why you bother to read reviews in the first place.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I haven't picked up DA:I yet so I've got no horse in this, but as a third party, that is a really shoddy review as it focused on one aspect of the game (narrative).

I can't say that after reading it I've gained any insight to how the game feels to play, interesting features and how they function and enhance the player experience (assuming anything like this exists - I have no idea as I haven't played the game, nor did this review mention anything), and so on.

All I really know is that it didn't run particularly well on his rig - which also doesn't tell me much. And that there's the potential that the story in DA:I is convoluted and heavy handed which people may or may not like. That's not a lot of info from a prospective buyer's point of view.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by DarLorkar
    What piss poor journalism: http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/11/dragon-age-inquisition-pc/#disqus_thread

Why?

I bothered to read the review, i got to say it is about 10,000% better than your one liner. Since it had his feelings and WHY he had those feeling about the game.

And i will include a working link since you could not even bother to do that well either.

Now, i do not know that person, nor have i read his reviews before. Which to me, is 90% of IF i will give a review any weight. You need to have something to compare against. Has that reviewer put out reviews you have agreed with before? And they have been accurate?  You know things you need BEFORE you start to review a reviewer :P

Yes, not posting a clicky is a pet peeve of mine too but I did it from my smartphone. I'll probably consider that the next time a lack of a clicky upsets me. 

Compared to the well done review from MMORPG, this review is really, really bad and I think most would agree. The reviewers rig was too old and he/she was too used to the hand holding of recent MMOs causing his/her OCD to flare up when their quest journal began stacking up. Only a real RPG vet should review an RPG.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Just some guy's opinion.

What I found funny (as someone there pointed out in the comments) is that his B- somehow became a 67% in metacritic... those Bs extend a lot lower than they used to in my school days lol... used to be that the A range was 90-100, B was 80s and Cs were 70s... kids these days! image

I guess we'll see for ourselves in about 15 minutes.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by DarLorkar

Why?

Yes, not posting a clicky is a pet peeve of mine too but I did it from my smartphone. I'll probably consider that the next time a lack of a clicky upsets me. 

Compared to the well done review from MMORPG, this review is really, really bad and I think most would agree. The reviewers rig was too old and he/she was too used to the hand holding of recent MMOs causing his/her OCD to flare up when their quest journal began stacking up. Only a real RPG vet should review an RPG.

I don't know... a lot of MMORPG's articles feel more like product promotions/advertisements.

^This

So you wold trust MMORPG's review more than another site's? Makes (no) sense

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Iselin

Just some guy's opinion.

What I found funny (as someone there pointed out in the comments) is that his B- somehow became a 67% in metacritic... those Bs extend a lot lower than they used to in my school days lol... used to be that the A range was 90-100, B was 80s and Cs were 70s... kids these days! image

I guess we'll see for ourselves in about 15 minutes.

You must be younger than me. Back in my day grades were scaled like this: 

A  93%-100%

B    88% – 92%

C    78% – 87%

D    70% – 77%

F    0% – 69%

The must be making the passing rate higher for kids to promote more "No Child Left Behind" to artificially raise grade point averages.

Again...this ^

I would be an "A" student today....but had to work at it pre 1988 :P

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• DamediusDamedius Member Posts: 346

I actually agree with much of this review.

The game starts really slow and is filled with lots of boring tedious missions. It's missing much of the flow and pacing of the two previous games. I think they tried to reinvent the wheel too much instead of sticking with made the previous two games so good.

Hopefully the game gets better as it goes on.