Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Rig = Best MMO

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

Title may be confusing to some, but I just wanted to express my opinion here. I have recently been playing Guild Wars 2 again after about another six month break and I did so because I got a new computer system. Been playing the game on very low settings until now and I'm running on Highest with a 1080p resolution and let me say that this game is down right amazing.

The World vs World battles in particular on high settings make this game absolutely epic to me. With no lag and being able to see all the unique characters and their armor/weopons in 100 man battles is so much fun.

I think with the new system that Guild Wars 2 has finally topped Knight Online World as my favorite MMORPG of all time. Hard for me to admit that because I love Knight Online so much, but this game is awesome with a good computer system.

Welp, seeya later.

Comments

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    A day may come when I will run Guild Wars 2 on max settings, but it is not this day. =(

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

Best  looking MMO...I'd agree.  I think it falls quite a bit short of the being the best MMO, however.  

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Varex12

Best  looking MMO...I'd agree.  I think it falls quite a bit short of the being the best MMO, however.  

Best MMO is completely dependent on the player (as is looking for that matter).

I'm sure there are several best MMOs out there.

For example, in my opinion, GW2 is the best MMO and I can say it is because of the fluid combat, the event system, the WvW, etc.

And you can say that those characteristics are exactly the ones that turn you off the game.

Another example.

I have no interest in EVE, but if someone tells me that EVE is the best MMO in their opinion, I can understand that there are certain characteristics in EVE that will appeal to certain tastes, just not mine.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I know exactly how you feel, I had a laptop that couldn't run most MMOs in the market now, if anything on lowest settings with terrible fps. Now that I have a new one, I can run pretty much every MMO on max settings with fluid fps.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

I agree with you, but that is our opinion. Games like GW2 have their own little niche crowd that find them appealing.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

I agree with you, but that is our opinion. Games like GW2 have their own little niche crowd that find them appealing.....

The post was strictly my opinion on how the new rig made WvWvW playable without lag on the highest settings which made this my new favorite MMO of all time. The best MMO in my eyes.

I think GW2 has a little more than a "Niche" crowd. There are a lot of people that play this game.

• djrifuldjriful Member CommonPosts: 11
    I've played since beta, it is not the best mmo but it was a good mmo until FFXIV ARR 2.0+ now is the best.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

The post was strictly my opinion on how the new rig made WvWvW playable without lag on the highest settings which made this my new favorite MMO of all time. The best MMO in my eyes.

I think GW2 has a little more than a "Niche" crowd. There are a lot of people that play this game.

Every MMORPG caters to a niche crowd, even WOW.  (just some are a whole lot bigger than others)

Glad to see better computer significantly improved the experience, frequently is the case if your old rig is too far down the curve.

But just so you know... EVE really is the "BEST" MMORPG.... just no comparison. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105
    The problem I have with GW2 is...its persistent world feels very small. Like small zones after small zones. I understand why there arent't any mounts...it would take 15 minutes to run from one side of the world to the other. Also, GW1's map felt way bigger. In GW2, 3-4 zones away from the starter zone and you are at Lion's Arch already (without using any gate) this is ridiculous imho. In GW1 reaching Lion's Arch was long & epic and felt like an adventure. Also, GW2's Skybox doesn't feel right...it's like this virtual world is tiny. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but GW1 felt more epic in scale...take a glider in Archeage for example, and you will know what I mean. Now the art direction is killer! Probably one of the best. GW2 is pretty unmatched in this category IMHO one of my fav MMO's
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

GW2 is currently the MMO I most frequently log into, so in my opinion its currently the best MMO.

Pro's:

the people I play games with are all there

no subs means no pressure to over play the game

you can get immersed in what you are doing

there are worthwhile goals - map completion, story quests, legendary crafting, achievements

daily / weekly / monthly goals and rewards keep your friends coming back

everything about water in this game is beautiful, underwater swimming in this game makes me smile

WvW is fun

pay to win gives you better looking gear but with no real advantages

my norn looks damn good

Cons:

No Australian servers

5 person parties are too small, wish you could have 8 person parties in WvW and some larger raids

In too many dungeons its easy to avoid trash if you know the right tactics, and you are considered a noob if you don't know them, dungeons could be more epic

I don't seem to have an issue with the persistant world being too small, I just get engrossed in what I'm doing wherever I'm at.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

For some reason I don't seem to bitch about GW2 like ALL other mmos....And the Graphics are nice along with good coding to play on lower end machines if needed. The game can get boring fast for me, so I could only play it a week or so at a time every now and then.  And I can really appreciate that its Buy-to-play.

However :

- I really don't like the weapons swap to change abilities.

- All audio seems extremely strange. Unique, but strange never the less....from the music to the sound effects.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

For sure it's amazing going from low to max after an upgrade, I got mine during the nightmare tower storyline, was just in awe :D

Kinda wish the game was a bit better optimised to spread the load between cpu and gpu so lower end systems could run it a bit better.

• anlisathanlisath Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by Xepherd
    The problem I have with GW2 is...its persistent world feels very small. Like small zones after small zones. I understand why there arent't any mounts...it would take 15 minutes to run from one side of the world to the other. Also, GW1's map felt way bigger. In GW2, 3-4 zones away from the starter zone and you are at Lion's Arch already (without using any gate) this is ridiculous imho. In GW1 reaching Lion's Arch was long & epic and felt like an adventure. Also, GW2's Skybox doesn't feel right...it's like this virtual world is tiny. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but GW1 felt more epic in scale...take a glider in Archeage for example, and you will know what I mean. Now the art direction is killer! Probably one of the best. GW2 is pretty unmatched in this category IMHO one of my fav MMO's

First time on this forum I agree with every point someone makes. Especially after doing world explorer the world no matter if it's a new zone ( like Silverwastes) or old it feels small and not really epic. I lost the "adventure" feeling after i first made it to 60 (yes 60 not 80) The zones are very small and no new ones brings the feeling even more. I remember the feeling when we first played WvW in beta. It was awesome. Far superior to the PvE content they made, where all characters have no character to them. All females look like dolls from barbie series, and men look like them either. I feel like they lost someone who works on characters of the NPCs, world is great but it has no spirit to it. Even the choices of characters we do while creating our character have no influence whatsoever. Why even put it there, unfortunately it feels like they put it there because they didn't have any idea what else to put there.