Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Worlds Disappointment

2»

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    I don't trust Trion. That in itself is a BIG issue.

Ever since daglar told the magical words(he was being interviewed right here by...Bill? Chris?) "Look, this is how I do it and how I do it is how it's going to be. I don't care if you like it or not, but it's going to be so. Either you will leave or I will because I will not allow for such things to be in Rift". He was talking about Arenas, but just look at how arrogant his tone is. He actually had gall to tell people to leave(a big NO-NO in communication sciences)! Really, would you trust such a person?

Anyhow, I thought nothing of it at the time(2 years back). Then he started babbling how he wasn't satisfied how large some servers got. Then he proceeded to close the two largest servers WITHOUT opening any new ones where most of...Fallout would land. Instead he directed most of typical PvErs onto the RP server. You can imagine what happened. Server bottlenecked, server crash, almost all of old time server players left only to be replaced by a bunch of typical PvErs. Needless to say, community went REALLY downhill. Not only that but they had to close it down. At least he had courtesy to apologise for mess he started.

Today, he isn't only arrogant, but two-timing as well! I can't tell you how infuriating his statements are(or they are /facepalm inducing -> pick your poison :p ). Rift in itself became a bland game what with no sense of community(trans server + trans Faction chat, low player # consisting of daglar yes men/white knights etc) what with direction they chose to follow.

/meh what can I say?

I am not defending trion or daglar, but people should not trust any company at all, they just end up doing something other then what people don't like, I been there with most many mmo's they become very bland games I know some will not agree when you do the same thing over and over, becomes very bland.

But people forget company out there make some income and profit.  Even if the outcome people don't like at all.

Originally posted by Gorwe
    I know zaber, I know.

I experienced it first with Trion(as per example), then with ANet(GW 2 is very weak when compared to gw1 imo) and finally with Bethesda(from Morrowind to Skyrim-yeah the deterioration of game quality isn't visible. At all!). Money rules, sadly.

Yeah mine was asheron call, then wow then allods, then trion doing fishly things.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

I wonder why i never had my WOW account hacked while million others qq about their account being hacked and blizzard doing nothing for them.

I wonder the same thing about trion account.

i wonder the same thing about ea origin account.

i wonder same thing about every kind of account i have : email, facebook, twitter, twitch and what not.

Maybe ..just maybe..and i might be spitballing here but maybe the problem here is the user? 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• newtextdocumentnewtextdocument Member Posts: 37

To be fair, I agree with the poster.

What he just flagged up is a major concern. I was considering rift to kill time while I wait for other games but a company that wont even contact you by phone prearranged regarding fraud on your account is not a company I would want having my card details.

Thanks for the post, I will listen to your warning and avoid all trion mmos from now on.

• newtextdocumentnewtextdocument Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by jesteralways

I wonder why i never had my WOW account hacked while million others qq about their account being hacked and blizzard doing nothing for them.

i wonder same thing about every kind of account i have : email, facebook, twitter, twitch and what not.

Maybe ..just maybe..and i might be spitballing here but maybe the problem here is the user? 

Btw the problem isn't the user, the fact is a minority of players get hacked just like a minority of people get bank fraud but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Im not a fan of wow since they ruined it from wotlk onwards but I do like how well Blizzard deal with fraud. One of my closest real life friends had his account hacked and he was able to speak to a blizzard representative and get it fixed.

I consider your comment that people who get fraud committed on their bank accounts online are to blame and not the thieves stealing their money as simple trolling.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I was a long time rift player who enjoyed PVP. Trion destroyed the game for pvpers in order to move the population to AA. This is what they did and now AA is starting to die off. I hope everyone gets fired in that company, because it's time for new leadership.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by jesteralways

I thought the same until i played a Wow trial account and on the very first night it was hacked as i slept.I woke up that Saturday and tried to login but could not,then read my emails and thought it was a phishing email so i went directly to Blizzard accounts.

Sure enough,i had barely time to login about 2 hours of play and a few hours of sleep and it had already been hacked,i found that to be literally impossible.I quickly called Blizzard and laid into them for such a weak security system,i also blamed them for most likely selling my information to unchecked advertisers because no way could anyone even remotely know i had a new Wow account in mere hours.

It used to be a common practice made rich of AOL by selling user information,i assumed Blizzard helps support their trial accounts by selling their information.You also need remember they  embedded that spyware that they made sure to NOT tell anyone,means you really can't trust Blizzard or anyone.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Will Trion soon become the "Perfect World Online" of western developers ?

They already are.

Optional PvP = No PvP
    Originally posted by fiftyplusgeek
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Will Trion soon become the "Perfect World Online" of western developers ?

They already are.

Funny even if people think that, they still playing there game over many sub games thats are out there, even people there are subbing to wow, are hurting other sub game to taking over by f2p or going f2p. Just how the market is there a company there trying to make a buck like other company.

Players can vote with there wallet, but then helping other sub game to see less company going in a way like a Perfect World, they all ram all there money in to wow, why people think that thing's are going change? is for now, we have to be happy what we have now.

• Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by jesteralways  I wonder why i never had my WOW account hacked while million others qq about their account being hacked and blizzard doing nothing for them. I wonder the same thing about trion account. i wonder the same thing about ea origin account. i wonder same thing about every kind of account i have : email, facebook, twitter, twitch and what not. Maybe ..just maybe..and i might be spitballing here but maybe the problem here is the user? 
    I thought the same until i played a Wow trial account and on the very first night it was hacked as i slept.I woke up that Saturday and tried to login but could not,then read my emails and thought it was a phishing email so i went directly to Blizzard accounts.

Sure enough,i had barely time to login about 2 hours of play and a few hours of sleep and it had already been hacked,i found that to be literally impossible.I quickly called Blizzard and laid into them for such a weak security system,i also blamed them for most likely selling my information to unchecked advertisers because no way could anyone even remotely know i had a new Wow account in mere hours.

It used to be a common practice made rich of AOL by selling user information,i assumed Blizzard helps support their trial accounts by selling their information.You also need remember they  embedded that spyware that they made sure to NOT tell anyone,means you really can't trust Blizzard or anyone.

Since looking at your post history you have ALOT of negative posts complaining about everything Blizzard and WoW. I am not sure how much stock anyone can put into your claims there.

I am by no means a WoW fanboy or think they are the greatest. But they have made some great strides to help accounts that have been hacked. They now have a automated system to restore accounts that you can initate yourself once you get your account back (not a hard proccess if you do not mind spending some time on the phone with them). Not to mention that all character above a certain level are now stored forever on the servers. So if someone hacked your account and deleted your characters you can have them restored or you can manually bring them back from the dead yourself.

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Just goes to show you once a game studio goes down the f2p path of doom it all goes to crap.  I had never heard of Trion before Rift and when I immersed myself in Rift when it launched i thought to myself...heres a Development team and studio who are going to go places...then they sank their money into defiance game/show and it didnt do so hot and they had to go f2p, the end result is just another company with huge potential down the drain.  Im avidly against free to play and those who support for this very reason, its taking this industry to a place no gamer wants to end up "Hi welcome to mmo mcdonalds how may I screw up your order?"
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    This company has been going downhill and even more so than I would of thought. Best bet to drop this company and it's games.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Edit: I already said what I had to say in this thread.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

As previously stated. I can no longer support Trion in any way. Whle I may miss some aspects of Rift. I will always find a mmorpg that gives a damn about its customer base, Currently that game is Tera. Trion and Glyph have been uninstalled from my computer.

Best wishes to those who want to remain with this company. Almost as bad as the time SOE screwed all the Star Wars Galaxies fans. But even worse actually.  As they are screwing with players money!

Hope none of you have to go through what I went through with Trion/Glyph.