Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 or PC - that is the question

13»

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by blueturtle13

The days of needing to spend a grand or more on a capable PC for gaming are over. I built mine for $500 and it runs everything. Shadow of Mordor with HD textures like butter. It is in Cache and how it handles the flow of memory allocation. Today's CPU's are much more capable of handling games than before. If you stick with Intel I series you may feel the need or requirement to spend more but the 'A' series from ATI is far more capable for tricking out. Running an A8 at 4.7 GIGs ;) Have a tricked out A10 at over 5 gigs Quad. Don't let the marketing machine fool ya. Higher end is needed only for advanced desktop scenarios. NOT gaming.

Instead of wasting the money on more RAM by SSD instead. Superfetch loves them =)

Smart guy right here.

I will be getting the pc version because I have a pretty good pc. If I did not have a good pc then I would go for a console version.

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Originally posted by BailoPan15

Originally posted by Ikeda As a reminder.. not only does PC require Origin but it also has that new Securom software on there... just renamed... no thanks.. I may actually go console this time...
    Nothing wrong with Origin. Infact since its written in Qt Framework, it does perform better than the Steam client, with less updates overall. I hate it to install some shitty update everytime I launch Steam god damn it. *rant* *rant* *rant* *rant*

I agree with the frequency of updates - my game library doesn't need a built-in web browser, media player, etc (although in-home streaming is a nice touch, I don't think it needs to be part of my online store front).

My biggest gripe about Origin is that it's Yet-Another-Service, and they all want to load with Windows, and they all want to stay running 24-7, and they all want to be able to update in the background, and they all compete for my money.

If I actually ran them all, it would be nearly a dozen digital store fronts all needing different logins, all with a different library of available games.

This is actually my issue too. Yet another service, all these logins. Maybe for most it doesn't bother, but it drives me nuts lol. So I only do Steam anymore, one centralized place for me. 

Another caveat for me...i moved to a rural location where all internet vendors suck unless you are on an expensive wireless plan....so now I'm stuck with data limits :( and I pretty much get one big download a month, save that for my mmo on the PC. So PS4 box copy it is.  ( I guess I could have gone online on something like Amazon to get the PC box copy, but I'll just cruise to the local Target and get the PS4 copy). 

• BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410
    Originally posted by Brisky29
    Originally posted by Ridelynn

Originally posted by BailoPan15

Originally posted by Ikeda As a reminder.. not only does PC require Origin but it also has that new Securom software on there... just renamed... no thanks.. I may actually go console this time...
    Nothing wrong with Origin. Infact since its written in Qt Framework, it does perform better than the Steam client, with less updates overall. I hate it to install some shitty update everytime I launch Steam god damn it. *rant* *rant* *rant* *rant*

I agree with the frequency of updates - my game library doesn't need a built-in web browser, media player, etc (although in-home streaming is a nice touch, I don't think it needs to be part of my online store front).

My biggest gripe about Origin is that it's Yet-Another-Service, and they all want to load with Windows, and they all want to stay running 24-7, and they all want to be able to update in the background, and they all compete for my money.

If I actually ran them all, it would be nearly a dozen digital store fronts all needing different logins, all with a different library of available games.

This is actually my issue too. Yet another service, all these logins. Maybe for most it doesn't bother, but it drives me nuts lol. So I only do Steam anymore, one centralized place for me. 

Another caveat for me...i moved to a rural location where all internet vendors suck unless you are on an expensive wireless plan....so now I'm stuck with data limits :( and I pretty much get one big download a month, save that for my mmo on the PC. So PS4 box copy it is.  ( I guess I could have gone online on something like Amazon to get the PC box copy, but I'll just cruise to the local Target and get the PS4 copy). 

But doesnt even physical copies nowdays just preinstall Origin/Steam/UPlay/Whatever? I haven't bought physical copy in like .... forever but from what I remember the box contains a CD-Key which you can use in your digital platform and yeah its basically the same thing, minus the convenience of downloading it online. (for some convenience for some a bane) 

P.S: I also never stated that you guys should put your PC's below the TV (or wherever you keep your <insert favorite console here>). Just extend the cord you have, hide it under the rug and use one of your 5-6 inputs on the TV :) It's somewhat a problem if the PC is in another room BUT with some labor you can set yourself up pretty conveniently.