Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where is everyone?

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

This is crazy.  There were a crapton of people excited for this game before release.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

This game is the poster child for what is wrong with the genre. Too many legit players and players who just wanted to put in their honest effort simply got burned by Trion, XL Games, cheaters, and whales. With so much stacked against them, it appears that many just simply gave up on trying to make it work. Even on these boards, it wasn't more than a couple weeks ago, that AA's forums covered 2-3 pages of new or updated threads per day. Now it's at 2-3 threads per day. My guess is that people are just done jumping through hoops with this particular circus act.

Even that new Sticky, consolidated monetization thread that was created a few days ago only hit 3 pages and hasn't been touched in 2 days. I'd say people just got tired of trying to wait for it to get better realizing it probably never will.

Good post.

Now i'm waiting for the white knight to tell you that those legit players you describe did it wrong.

DMKano should be along shortly image

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Originally posted by Acidon

This is crazy.  There were a crapton of people excited for this game before release.

Yah and then TRION made one legendary screw up after another.

Its pretty bad when even the F2P'ers are fleeing lol

• maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Acidon

And then we realized what a p2w POS it is.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

I played the Russian beta beginning of the year and got bored after 2 days.

I played it when it released and got bored after 1 hour.

its pay to win and boring!

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

Hasla weapon and RNG token grind ,

same faction PK without right punishment

Quest hubs leveling and instances dungeon

Lack of labor point to do any active in game

Top reasons that people i know quit AA .

Me ? Lack of labor point .

Originally posted by iixviiiix

Hasla weapon and RNG token grind ,

same faction PK without right punishment

Quest hubs leveling and instances dungeon

Lack of labor point to do any active in game

Top reasons that people i know quit AA .

Me ? Lack of labor point .

Heres mine.

Its fail2play

TRION's involved.

Yup. Sums it up lol.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

I am on Salphira server which is ruled byBR guilds. 

Last week or so the whole server seems to be empty even Auroria was not popilated to my suprise.

It does seem people habe migrtaed to other games 

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

Some people on the forums said they were playing WoW while their labor regened, so that accounts for some people, at least!

Labor probably not a problem with the latest exploit, though Oo

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536

Sad thing about ArcheAge is, I'd still play the game if there was a pay2play server.  I had a lot of fun with the pvp, even if it was over nothing substantial (lack of end game).  The castles were cool and all, but with only 4 to claim that became a zergfest and no one really respects the zerg.

Ideally they'd need to back off on the luck factor (RNG) and just make items a straight up longer grind (acquire more materials, more medals, more of whatever for 100% chance to succeed).  I don't mind spending more time/gold to acquire items, I just don't want to spend 2 months doing things like Halcyona just to fail Rank 5 7x in a row (ya that happened) or crafting 25 lvl 44 clubs just to get 1 to proc Epherium quality (with deconstruction).  Thats just asinine while I see other players already running around in full T3 and even another player in my guild with 2 sets of T2/T3 and multiple T3 weapons just because he was willing to sit around the auction house 12 hours a day poaching whales and reselling their items at higher prices.  Trion's P2P caused both of those problems.  The system was just fked.

So ya, P2P server with less RNG and I'd probably be a long term player.

I also don't personally believe people just come and go from MMOs because its flavor of the month.  Sure, there are some that do but I really think most people hope a game is worth playing and therefore, they try to get in on the ground floor.  When it turns out to be shit the way AA was, they bail.  Its not because they didn't plan to stay for the long term.

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487

OP, WoW has nothing to do with the population issues in AA.  They are two completely different games and I doubt anyone that really enjoys one would enjoy the other.

Sadly, AA is a victim of TRION and XL Games.  All the awesome things in AA are offset by bots, hacks, cheats, and their blatant pay to win model.  AA could have been something great if it was a sub game with no cash shop or vanity only cash shop but the devs and publisher decided it would be better served as a cash grab.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Spankster77

OP, WoW has nothing to do with the population issues in AA.  They are two completely different games and I doubt anyone that really enjoys one would enjoy the other.

Sadly, AA is a victim of TRION and XL Games.  All the awesome things in AA are offset by bots, hacks, cheats, and their blatant pay to win model.  AA could have been something great if it was a sub game with no cash shop or vanity only cash shop but the devs and publisher decided it would be better served as a cash grab.

Yes they're different games, yet how many gamers only like one type of game?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    So like... honest question.  What's in the lv55 1.7 patch that would entice players to return (or start playing if they're new)?  (I'm marginally sure "increasing the level cap from 50 to 55" won't do it)

The huge thing is new builds - each skill gets a level 55 skill - and 5 new points to allocate to builds.

For example Arcane Hunter currently is Tier 5 - it will go to Tier 1 once 1.7 hits 

Or battlemage - currently like 2 spec points short of awesomeness -once 1.7 hits - Tier 1 class

To me 5 extra skill points is by far the biggest thing (with addition of new level 55 skills)

More skills balancing - mages get nerfed some - but again with 5 new skills lots of new build options

Ayanad gear tier and a crapton of more stuff you can read here (which is a partial list)

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/572/view/forums/thread/416968/Archeage-Korean-17-patch.html

ArcheAge will probably be the most unfriendly MMO for returning players ever. AA is a game for committed players. There's no revolving door. Not when they will have to start over with regard to all their land having been lost. 

That depends on playstyle.  At this point I don't care about owning land, milking cows, or any farmville stuff.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dreadlordnafdreadlordnaf Member UncommonPosts: 88

I think the more obvious answer as many have pointed out is that most people tried AA then quickly realized it sucked. 

If there were a Harvard Business school case study on MMOs Trion and Archeage would definitely qualify as an in-depth study on how to massively F-up.   Such a case study would focus around one thing: localization, or in this case, lack thereof and how it  can totally ruin a product.

We have all the heard the stories of some company launching a product overseas which they had success with in their home market, but then not bothering to realize that the name of their product is an offensive or vulgar word when translated into the language of the foreign market.  This is called not bothering to do localization.  Another example is the original Microsoft Xbox that never sold well in Japan because no one bothered to check that they were too bulky and cumbersome for a lot folks TV setups there living in tiny Tokyo apartments.

^^^Archeage is basically these type of screwups times a 1000, but in terms of gameplay, balance, monetization method, payment model, solution to AFKers, skill progression etc, etc...   

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Theres is only one reason for people that quit this last week: Trion.

Those who didnt like the game quit 1 month ago, im sure the last "quits" was because of bigger AA issue: Trion

In EU-Eanna i dont see server empty, for the contrary, its still a busy server even after lost the high status.

Originally posted by dreadlordnaf

I think the more obvious answer as many have pointed out is that most people tried AA then quickly realized it sucked.  

Each one beliave in what they want to beliave and if they beliave alot it makes what is not true in true inside his personal reality.

• dreadlordnafdreadlordnaf Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by Jabas

Each one beliave in what they want to beliave and if they beliave alot it makes what is not true in true inside his personal reality.

Interesting. That explains your personal belief then in disregarding the dictionary in how to spell the word "believe."

Interesting. That explains your personal belief then in disregarding the dictionary in how to spell the word "believe."

sorry my weak english, didnt want to offend anyone, but im sure you still understand the subject and the topic we are discussing even with my english mistakes.

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by Distopia

Good point Dist.  Where I was going with that is WoW is a themepark and AA is revered as a sandbox.  Most people that are drawn to sandboxes are turned off by gear treadmills, although, AA has a gear treadmill grind.

• TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

...if you quit ArcheAge, your land won't just be waiting for you if you choose to come back. All your buildings get demolished and the land goes up for grabs for other BOTS to claim....

There. I fixed that part for you.

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

What happened to all the fanboi's constantly screaming how this is the best game since EQ Classic? Brought down to earth already?

I thought it would take longer oh well.

Originally posted by Thebeasttt

What happened to all the fanboi's constantly screaming how this is the best game since EQ Classic? Brought down to earth already?

I thought it would take longer oh well.

I can only speak for myself, it is still the best mmorpg for me in last 10years, only my personal opinion ofc. My 7 RL friends playing AA are still there too having fun. 

We are "poor" inside the game, all patrons and nothing more, our progression is slow, quest gear only not even GHA yet, only 2 have hasla weapon, most dont have a 16x16 but those who have share and is ok for now. So no we are not whales befor someone thing that.

I just wish Trion fix all the mess they create and start giving a better costumer support.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by Distopia

Good point Dist.  Where I was going with that is WoW is a themepark and AA is revered as a sandbox.  Most people that are drawn to sandboxes are turned off by gear treadmills, although, AA has a gear treadmill grind.

Honestly I'd say not many people who are really interested in the ArcheAge type of MMO are the least bit interested in WoW.  Of our guild of maybe 40 people, I think one person was really interested in going back to play the WoW expansion and he really wanted us to join him but no one was having it.  Even with many of us losing interest in AA, we still have zero interest in WoW.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Spradomatic

Did we really lose that many players during the Auroria screw-up? Is my server dying because it was mostly F2Players to begin with, or are other patron-friendly servers also experiencing a huge drop of activity?

Yes, because the DCs caused a lot of unfair castle-grabs and the hacked land-grabs.

The big guilds suffered as a result just starts bleeding members who are unhappy with the situation after that.

Trion should've taken down the servers when it was behaving that badly during the most important moment of the game and rollback the Auroria claims, but they didn't. Hence the downfall.