Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage most day/week/monthly views... and all people do is flame it

13»

Comments

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by Thestrain
    Originally posted by hatefulpeace
    Originally posted by Jabas
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

People expected a lot out of this game.  The reality is really disappointing. 

In my case i didnt expect anything.

One day i decide to try out free in RU after see a post somewhere explain how to do it.

The 1st days i was close to quit, was playing in russian language, didnt understand nothing and the game just look like any others. Found a english guild, people help me to understand, was hable to play in english for a while, buy the premium and fall in love for this mmorpg.

I still love the game, its true that there is some things i dont like it but i adapt myself and survive, the only disappointement i have is Trion management.

I don't know how much you expect to adapt in AA with the way Trion is handeling the cash shop. In my opinion not worth the trouble. By supporting this game you are supporting the mismanagement by Trion. Stuff like this shouldn't be rewarded by the players. Words are cheap. Quitting and saying 'no' to the cash shop is the only way to teach these companies a lesson. But sadly players are too weak to quit their addiction.

Lol dont call people weak because you dont like the cash shop and Trions terrible customer service. You make it sound like the people playing this game are like crack heads, and that is hardly the case. You dont need to quit the game to not use the cash shop. Are you really that dense, only a rare amount of people use the cash shop, or i should say abuse it. The majority just do the patron status or 15 a month, or if they dont care about land no money at all. The cash shop really doesnt effect any one, other than the insane. 

By the insane i mean, it only effects the people one like your self, that want to try and compete with some one spending 1000s a week on a video game, so you get all pissy that they are doing that, and quit the game, and two the people that actually spend that amount of cash on the game. For every one else it doesnt matter in the slightest. I dont care that some one just dumped 2000 dollars to get a pixel sword, that beats me in the fight lol. It doesnt effect my fun with the game in the slightest. 

The cash shop only effects a small amount of people...... Which are the way to rich, who just waste money any ways, and the way to crazy trying to compete with the rich who waste money.  To be honest though all mmos are pay 2 win. So what one are you playing thats not lol. If i hope into eve online with 30 grand cash, I am going to wipe the floor with some one who spend 15 a month.  Same with any MMO. 

Video game addiction works on same principle as any other addiction. And yes people are unable to pull themselves away from video games for similar reasons. You have never come across players who despite of knowing the negative effects games have on their life are still unable to quit? the whole purpose of the games is to get you addicted and coerce you into shelling money on cash shops.

As far as what majority or minority does do you have any data to back up your claims? i would like to know how you know that a rare amount of people use cash shop?

Because i know a little bit about economy, and not a majority have enough money to waste on a video game. I didnt get the facts, because I am not really that concerned about it. From my personal experience, in guilds, only 1 or 2 people out of 50 ever spent a large amount on the cash shop, in this game, and in uncharted waters online, which has almost a identical cash shop, and economy. Which of course I am sure some one could shoot holes in with actual facts, and a scientific study. Considering in every case the people that spent large amounts of money only told me when i became closer to them. They always told me not to tell any one. 

I suppose you could lump video game addiction as the same as substance abuse, but in reality its not. And no sorry I have never met any one that abused video games so badly that they abused their spouse, used the last food money to buy game stuff, ran around and did criminal activity to get money to buy game stuff ect. 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

One day i decide to try out free in RU after see a post somewhere explain how to do it.

The 1st days i was close to quit, was playing in russian language, didnt understand nothing and the game just look like any others. Found a english guild, people help me to understand, was hable to play in english for a while, buy the premium and fall in love for this mmorpg.

I still love the game, its true that there is some things i dont like it but i adapt myself and survive, the only disappointement i have is Trion management.

Well that's fine, but the fact is Archeage is different.  I was so sick of themeparks and it really seemed like a great alternative.  But when gameplay elements are so flawed (100-0 stun combos, zerging) and Trion is basically doing whatever they possibly can to mess it up, I can't play it.

I'm back to playing themeparks and actually glad for it.  At least they're fair and everything simply works.

I'm still looking forward to a well-produced PVP sandbox, but my fear is that the problems with Archeage is going to turn anybody away from making one and we're only going to see even more wow-clones.

I am not sure this can ever be done because of "Douche Bags". They aren't interested in PVP. They are interested in Fcking up your experience. They make it personal.

Why is'n' there a system actually implements mechanics where by a player is actually demerited for DB behavior? This won't ever happen.

Thing is, I believe it is possible, just no one has done it.

Make players lose "honor" (whatever the PVP currency/points are) for initiating un provked combat with someone who is lower level / rank.

Get put on a "wanted" list. Where you become a quest objective complete with rewards for taking down. Can't use vendors or go into cities without all the guards attacking on site.

basically, a real society with real laws beyond anarchy.

While I said it's possible, I don't think it will ever happen. 

Why? because many of the people who say they want open PVP really don't. What they want is to gank. And that wouldn't work in a fair system where they couldn't pick fights with lowbies.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I don't know how much you expect to adapt in AA with the way Trion is handeling the cash shop. In my opinion not worth the trouble. By supporting this game you are supporting the mismanagement by Trion. Stuff like this shouldn't be rewarded by the players. Words are cheap. Quitting and saying 'no' to the cash shop is the only way to teach these companies a lesson. But sadly players are too weak to quit their addiction.

Whooo, im not in any revolution agains anything in game world, so sry about that but i will not quit the game i like because of that. Im not here to teach a leasson to anyone.

Im having fun playing AA with some friends, its all it matters to me.

I suport the only mmorpg worth playing atm even with all Trions mess and bad XLGames business model.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Well that's fine, but the fact is Archeage is different.  I was so sick of themeparks and it really seemed like a great alternative.  But when gameplay elements are so flawed (100-0 stun combos, zerging) and Trion is basically doing whatever they possibly can to mess it up, I can't play it.

I'm back to playing themeparks and actually glad for it.  At least they're fair and everything simply works.

I'm still looking forward to a well-produced PVP sandbox, but my fear is that the problems with Archeage is going to turn anybody away from making one and we're only going to see even more wow-clones.

I am not sure this can ever be done because of "Douche Bags". They aren't interested in PVP. They are interested in Fcking up your experience. They make it personal.

Why is'n' there a system actually implements mechanics where by a player is actually demerited for DB behavior? This won't ever happen.

Thing is, I believe it is possible, just no one has done it.

Make players lose "honor" (whatever the PVP currency/points are) for initiating un provked combat with someone who is lower level / rank.

Get put on a "wanted" list. Where you become a quest objective complete with rewards for taking down. Can't use vendors or go into cities without all the guards attacking on site.

basically, a real society with real laws beyond anarchy.

While I said it's possible, I don't think it will ever happen. 

Why? because many of the people who say they want open PVP really don't. What they want is to gank. And that wouldn't work in a fair system where they couldn't pick fights with lowbies.

That's a cool idea.  Stuff like that would really make sandbox content possible.

It would also be nice if everyone wasn't 100-0 everyone else in a loss-of-control combo... lol...

And something to prevent the game from turning into all about who has more numbers.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390

Whooo, im not in any revolution agains anything in game world, so sry about that but i will not quit the game i like because of that. Im not here to teach a leasson to anyone.

I suport the only mmorpg worth playing atm even with all Trions mess and bad XLGames business model.

Revolution really? that is what you got from my post?

/facepalm

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

/facepalm

My english is a little weak, maybe the word revolution is not the correct one but is related to the green text.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by A1D3N

I just don't get why people cant just leave the game to people who like it, I mean if you don't like a game don't you just leave it alone... and don't care... that's what I do anyway

people are crazy these days lol

People are angry about AA because many of us feel ripped off and let down by Trion. That's really the heart of the matter. The game is great, but the payment model and management of it is too piss poor for words. 

Joined - July 2004

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

/facepalm

That is pretty much what you were saying, yeah. But anyways, everyone always looks at the bad at F2P before noticing that A. it's free and can be tested and tried out before commiting $, B. you can take breaks without canceling and reactivating a sub. If you only are going to play for a few days per month for the next few months you can still play in your off time without whipping out the credit card. There are bad and good F2P models and cash shops.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by JDis25

/facepalm

That is pretty much what you were saying, yeah. But anyways, everyone always looks at the bad at F2P before noticing that A. it's free and can be tested and tried out before commiting $, B. you can take breaks without canceling and reactivating a sub. If you only are going to play for a few days per month for the next few months you can still play in your off time without whipping out the credit card. There are bad and good F2P models and cash shops.

The scary thing is that most F2P games realized this.  Most of them are, in the end, companies.  Which means that if they've designed their game in such a way that people are playing their game for free by just playing a few days per month in their off time without whipping out the credit card, THEY FAILED.

Thus, most F2P companies do whatever they can to make sure that's not the case.

In Archeage's case, this is done via making the game primarily based on competitive PvP (Oh?  You took a break?  You're only going to play a few days in your off-time?  ENJOY BEING UNDERGEARED COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE AND GETTING OWNED ALL THE TIME), via the labor point system (Only going to play a few days in your off-time? Labor doesn't regen if you aren't a patron, and if you ARE a patron, you get half labor regen for being offline!), and via the land system (Only going to play a few days in your off-time?  Have fun keeping up with your taxes!)

It's in the company's interest of profitability to make an F2P game get as many people as possible to try it because "It's free!" and then do whatever they can to make people whip out their credit card afterwards. These aren't charities, after all.  South Park's Freemium episode put it best when the guy said "No!  We don't make our game fun!  We make it just "fun enough!" so that people will whip out their credit card to buy the actual fun!"

The only F2P games I can think of atm that don't do this are Path of Exile (because that game is made and run by guys that just wanted to make a game) and Marvel Heroes (because they appear to have made the game just because they're big marvel fans more than for the sake of profit. Also, apparently Marvel itself sees the game as brand-name advertising, which gives the game an alternate purpose besides just profits).

Some games, like Rift, started out okay but somewhere along the line it became pretty darn clear that the companies realized that business model wasn't cutting it.  GW2 is another good example (Gone from our game for a while? Pay for content you missed!).  Gradually more and more F2P MMO companies have realized that designing a game where too many people can enjoy it for free with casual play and not spending much is an utterly moronic business design.

....MOBAs seem to get away with it just fine though.  Probably because MOBAs aren't as niche (MMOs require so much more baggage on the consumers, like grinding and forced socialization) and because their emphasis on fast-and-quick competitive play is completely anathema to a lot of the normal F2P cash shop models.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I think people were really hyped up about this game being something different than your run of the mill ThemePark. And it was, just not a very good one and hence the disappointment.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    At least the game offers something a bit different from the same ol themeparks that were shoved down our throats for 10 years. You can see attention to detail that is missing in most games these days as well. If a dev took a lot of these ideas made some changes and introduced some decent pve and loot tables it would be a great game. P2P the game, with cosmetic cash shop (limit on number of properties you can own and it would be a winner.