Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Review in Progress #1

Comments

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421
    It is definitely NOT the best expansion (WOLK is still my favorite). However, I was expecting the worse and am having a blast instead! Got to give Blizzard credit - they did a good job with this (minus the queues and bugs).
  • jdizzle2k13jdizzle2k13 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by snoocky
    Glad you all like it...talk to you guys in two months

Lol... even if what you're implying about how long the enjoyment will last is true, what you're saying is about the same as saying: "Sure, you're enjoying your 2-month vacation in Hawaii now, but how will you feel when you get back?"

I'll take 2 months of MMO game play enjoyment wherever I can get it.

This.  WoW isn't a perfect MMO, but it's familiar, and most of the things work most of the time, plus most of my friends are playing it.  I will definitely be spending at least a month or two playing it, getting my paladin to cap, then we'll see about the PvP, raiding, or heroics.

But I may just play around in my garrison or hang out with one of my friends.

• PotigyPotigy Member UncommonPosts: 10

Pros:

Best WoW since TBC

Having a ton of fun

Garrisons!

Cons:

Lagggggggggg

Server maintenance

Pretty sure the cons will be ironed out fairly quick. And for the first time in a long time I actually care that I can't log into WoW. Like when was the last time you were literally just watching the server status waiting to get into World of Warcraft??? 

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I had server issues in early morning hours (EU) after release, but now everything working perfect. I didn't like storyline after WoD anounnce (and all crap about time travel into parallel universe) and in beta, but I changed my mind quickly. Still WotLK is my best expansion ever, but somehow I think it will change in favor of WoD.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Entris38

2 months for $50, I'll take it. Better than $60 for a 10 hour console game in my opinion. Plus, being I am one of the dirty casuals these days, I will probably get far more than 2 months, especially since it needs to share time with DA:I.

I have to agree. Plus this awesome Garrison system is going to be hard to judge on it's longevity until we see how it actually works. So far it is worth playing all by itself for the expansion price.

Besides that, I am totally getting into the story now. I was a bit confused at first but after reading a few articles in the wow wiki I'm understanding it more and more.

I expect this expansion to have outstanding reviews.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357

Two months of this game is a hell of a lot better than two months of any other MMO.  

Also, I linked this on another discussion thread, but here is my opinion of the expansion. It is coupled with the release of the new movie Dumb and Dumber To. My Professional Review of Warlords of Draenor.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    WoW is pretty much broken, to be specific.
    Originally posted by nyxium

Generally speaking, your comment isn't very precise! o.O But I hope your comment gets to those folks in the queue ahead of me so they will quit and I can play!

WoW is probably the most polished mmo on the market. /shrug

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Amjoco

Generally speaking, your comment isn't very precise! o.O But I hope your comment gets to those folks in the queue ahead of me so they will quit and I can play!

Lmao, best..... response.... evar!!! (this week)

If you're going to be specific, you need to be specific, like there are literally 1 billion people in queue in front of me right now. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Nice to see such a positive reaction, I was hoping that WoD would finally bring something new and fresh to WoW, and seems like it's doing just that.

Definately going to try it out later, but since I'm not a raider I guess it does not matter one bit if I start later and not right away. Cant wait to manage my garrison, really looking forward to it. I hope it gets such a positive reaction that Blizzard will do something amazing with the feature going into next xpac. Something more public instead of personal solo retreat, but it seems to be a good start.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

If you're going to be specific, you need to be specific, like there are literally 1 billion people in queue in front of me right now. 

China must have done a realm transfer...

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487

I agree that so far this x-pack is shaping up to be really good, possibly the best since TBC. 

They revamped the questing so that it's now much more dynamic, interactive, and you move around a lot more.  Questing is actually fun which is something I haven't felt in this game in years.

Next let's talk garrisons, they are awesome.  Garrisons are not just a distraction like housing is in most games, they provide huge quality of life bonuses.  For instance they allow you to level professions, open up raid level gear, generate revenue etc all while being fun (unlike flying all over the map looking for nodes then fighting others for them). 

The last thing that I really love that they have done in WoD is remove a lot of the things that provided little in making the game fun.  Things such reforging, hit cap, expertise cap, and spells that were unused.  Nothing worse than getting a new piece of gear at the beginning of raid only to not be able to equip it because it would throw all your stats off for the night.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Pepeq

China must have done a realm transfer...

China actually doing DDOS attack , no transfer lol. most of the attack are coming from there.still going right now... http://map.ipviking.com/

http://puu.sh/cQLS9/a623f075a6.jpg

The Ddos attack yesteday was worst.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

Originally posted by Spankster77

I agree that so far this x-pack is shaping up to be really good, possibly the best since TBC. 

They revamped the questing so that it's now much more dynamic, interactive, and you move around a lot more.  Questing is actually fun which is something I haven't felt in this game in years.

Next let's talk garrisons, they are awesome.  Garrisons are not just a distraction like housing is in most games, they provide huge quality of life bonuses.  For instance they allow you to level professions, open up raid level gear, generate revenue etc all while being fun (unlike flying all over the map looking for nodes then fighting others for them). 

The last thing that I really love that they have done in WoD is remove a lot of the things that provided little in making the game fun.  Things such reforging, hit cap, expertise cap, and spells that were unused.  Nothing worse than getting a new piece of gear at the beginning of raid only to not be able to equip it because it would throw all your stats off for the night.

I agree with you wholeheartedly! The only downsize I see right now with Garrisons (and it may be a blessing) is that the folks in Stormwind and Orgrimmar parading their gear and mounts won't be there. Stormwind was a ghost town this morning on my server. Once everyone hits 100 it may get a bit more traffic, but I think Garrisons will be the new hangout.

• vashthe_stampedouvashthe_stampedou Member UncommonPosts: 3

good game... letting the screenshot to speak for itself , 3rd day in a row same numbers, i never played a minute since expansion got released, yes great game.

• ArazaleArazale Member Posts: 348
    Despite spending more time in queue than actually playing the game, the expansion itself is pretty epic. Not gonna lie. BC 2.0? 

I'd go even further. In Draenor it almost feels like WOW 2.0. It's THAT much better than the 1-90 game... the level 90 boost (which I'll use once I figure out what class and professions I want to boost) is making a lot more sense now: I just want to play in Draenor.

Just make sure you level up to 60 before you use it, otherwise your professions won't be max level(pandaria max). I think thats how it works anyway.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I would like more information on how the pve leveling content is? Is it still face roll where you round up a ton of mobs without any threat of dieing? or did they bring back some challenge from the TBC days and before where a few adds and your toast?
  • vashthe_stampedouvashthe_stampedou Member UncommonPosts: 3

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fz81kQT.jpg?1[/IMG]

5k que

3 hours wait

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Loving the new xpac a drastic improvement over the last two. I'll keep this to bulletins for those whom are wondering as to why to return -

• There is a very natural flow to the story this time, despite all the lore in WoW their story telling has been a bit hit and miss, but now it feels very involved with cutscenes to help the story telling process to draw you in. 
    • Rare mobs are one time only kinda deal which give not just gear but fun additions, this also is stopping the "rare camping" that I would see in previous xpacs.
    • Bonus objectives, they are keeping the quests more concurrent with the story, giving you a very nice pace of questing with the 'addition quests' being optional things you undertake by reaching an area and completing, this has created a nice community over it and I have seen a lot of people having fun.
    • Garrison, after being a hero of the alliance for so long the Garrison is not only a fun feature, but a good way to immerse you in the world. Think Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect and this is what this makes me feel. If only there were some romance options!
    • Crafting has been vastly improved, more resources have become available making the economy somewhat cheaper but with timed, daily materials the crafted gear will shoot up in price and is viable.
    • RANDOM LOOT - By this I mean when I complete a quest, that green reward has a chance to become a rare or an epic. I had a 522 green reward that became a 550 epic, when it happens it's a great feeling. 
    I could mention plenty more, but I suggest you get in and give it ago, queues a bit whacked presently, but the game is a solid addition to the franchise... finally a worthy xpac.

Originally posted by Greymantle4
    I would like more information on how the pve leveling content is? Is it still face roll where you round up a ton of mobs without any threat of dieing? or did they bring back some challenge from the TBC days and before where a few adds and your toast?

This is going to be hard to answer. I guess it all depends on how geared you were coming into WoD. Currently I am at i525 and it has been fairly easy. I think my toughest battle was defending my Garrison because I didn't know what to expect. I haven't done a dungeon yet because I wanted to check out the area first, but I'm sure someone else could advise you on that. 

Anyway, as I have suggested before, if you want something more challenging, play with gear from a lesser area like WoTLK,  or play naked! :)

edit: When I say play naked I mean your toon, not you at your computer. o.O

• Spankster77Spankster77 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by Greymantle4

If you come into WoD in SoO gear it's fairly easy but it has been this way since every x-pack since wrath.  Last time your end tier gear was immediately obsolete was vanilla into TBC.  If you are in MoP greens or dungeon blues I am sure it's a tad harder.  Most of the SMV gear is around 515 ilvl which means the mobs are tuned for low 500's.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I am having trouble being attracted to this expac, which hasn't happened to me yet. BC, WOTLK, CATA, even MoP I was all super excited for. Cata was really the only letdown.

My entire purchase depends on whether Ashran is unique and fun PvP. If it's generic or a different flavor of something I have already experienced in WoW, then I am done. I have raided in WoW long enough for it to not be interesting anymore. Cinemetic Quests don't really matter to me either, although I do hear they are very well done.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

So far it looks like the best expansion since Lich King, and frankly, the timing is the best, considering that more than a few second and third rate wow clones have bitten the dust, and the shift away from Titan, could not have been a better chance for WoW to be like a back to the future tale afterall.

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Arazale
    Despite spending more time in queue than actually playing the game, the expansion itself is pretty epic. Not gonna lie. BC 2.0? 

I'd go even further. In Draenor it almost feels like WOW 2.0. It's THAT much better than the 1-90 game... the level 90 boost (which I'll use once I figure out what class and professions I want to boost) is making a lot more sense now: I just want to play in Draenor.

Just make sure you level up to 60 before you use it, otherwise your professions won't be max level(pandaria max). I think thats how it works anyway.

Yeah that is how it works. I already have level 90 hunter, warlock and monk with alchemy, inscription and enchanting respectively plus herbalism for all 3... all maxed to 600. Playing my hunter currently.

What I'm mostly pondering is which two professions to level with my 90 boost. I have several 60+ candidates whose professions I'll drop and pick up 2 new ones when I decide.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED