Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage most day/week/monthly views... and all people do is flame it

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Randayn

yeah...regulate it...that has worked...never.

stop with the "greedy" software publishers...what do you think their main goal is?  TO MAKE MONEY.  you'd be stupid to think differently.  So guess what, they strive to make money.  Nothing greedy about it.

Gamers have a choice as to whether they want to put money into a game or not...so let's start blaming the people that support these developers and stop blaming the developers trying to make a living.

Theres plenty of blame to throw about on both sides of the fence.  Theres no need to pick a side.

A game like Archeage could be amazing and fun for many players for years and be just as if not more profitable if managed properly.  Mismanagement can both ruin a game, make a company look greedy and ruin its image, and leave a company with  smaller profits than it otherwise could have had.

It is common in industry for companies, moreso in the past, to not be very environmentally or socially conscious.  In the short term that can save them a buck.  In the long term that invites outside regulation which eventually hurts their revenue.  

A company's ability to balance short term and long term gains can separate a company like Enron from a company like 3M.

These same concepts can apply to MMORPGs and game companies.

So i'm not calling you wrong.  Companies are just there to make money and its up to consumers to not support them when they are irresponsible.  But the fact is in that situation everyone loses.  The customer and the company.  

Mismanagement is so common in these asian games when they come to the West.  As one of this game's biggest fans I hate to admit that Archeage is just the latest example of this.  It will go the way of Age of Wushu.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Pepeq
    Originally posted by teabag

I did not buy the game, and truly I agreed and side with those who criticize greedy fat software publisher companies. We had not bought any online games since D3 fiasco with infamous WoW locked-up. Until then, they all are in need of major regulation as other had said. Freedom of speech you know, and the truth truly hurts. There is no trust anymore for greed had prevailed and the law is as blind as the wild west.

Elite Dangerous had finally nailed the final nails in our coffins.

Carry on regardless.

yeah...regulate it...that has worked...never.

stop with the "greedy" software publishers...what do you think their main goal is?  TO MAKE MONEY.  you'd be stupid to think differently.  So guess what, they strive to make money.  Nothing greedy about it.

Gamers have a choice as to whether they want to put money into a game or not...so let's start blaming the people that support these developers and stop blaming the developers trying to make a living.

Just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean others don't.  It's their money, if they want to waste it, it's their choice... just as it is your choice to not play a game.  

Instead of blaming everyone else for crappy games, maybe consider for a moment that you're the one with the problem.  And even if others agree with you, it's still not my problem.  

See how little influence you have over others and how much influence you have over yourself?

I was referring to people complaining about devs for their own misfortunes and bad decisions.  DMKano does not fall into this category because he loves the game.  

I don't want to influence anyone....I want people to start thinking for themselves and taking responsibility

Mismanagement is so common in these asian games when they come to the West.  As one of this game's biggest fans I hate to admit that Archeage is just the latest example of this.  It will go the way of Age of Wushu.

There really isnt...in a consumer based market, the products released are because of the consumer.

Here is a very simple model:

a guy sells light bulbs...the red ones are 90% more popular than all others...should he sell less red light bulbs?

On my other point of accountability, you said it perfect in the underlined sentence above.  If you know this, Im sure many others do, so who's falt is it for taking a known risk?

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    I think there's a bit of confusion, the "hate" is more directed at Trion/XL. Most people who have complained have said the game it's self is decent and has some great ideas, but the companies are just fucking it up. it's seems from alpha till now Trion/XL have made so many changes completely killing the experience for a lot of players.  Don't get me wrong there are some who are just jumping on the wagen, but like said the rests concern is with the company. Many where hoping the game would be different from the other regions and be looked after much better with Trion at the helm, but unfortunately the game has turned out more or less like the other regions dissapointting many people. lso you have to remember quite a few have been playing this game before it came over to the west. So it understandable the out cry imho.
    Originally posted by Herase
    I think there's a bit of confusion, the "hate" is more directed at Trion/XL. Most people who have complained have said the game it's self is decent and has some great ideas, but the companies are just fucking it up. it's seems from alpha till now Trion/XL have made so many changes completely killing the experience for a lot of players.  Don't get me wrong there are some who are just jumping on the wagen, but like said the rests concern is with the company. Many where hoping the game would be different from the other regions and be looked after much better with Trion at the helm, but unfortunately the game has turned out more or less like the other regions dissapointting many people. lso you have to remember quite a few have been playing this game before it came over to the west. So it understandable the out cry imho.

I think this is a little inaccurate though.  Game was out for 2 years elsewhere and was doing terribly and had it's issues.  Had the cash shop and all.  

From the first time I logged into this game I understand the foundation of it was built on it's cash shop and an unusually bad grind that could be tempered with said cash shop.  

The signs were always there, but honeymoon's come and go

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by A1D3N

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad, ive played the game yes, and I don't think its too bad but I couldn't get into itdo people just love to hate games these days rather than playing them?

Why? I call it Archeage Forum Replay Value! AFRV
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I just don't get why people cant just leave the game to people who like it, I mean if you don't like a game don't you just leave it alone... and don't care... that's what I do anyway

people are crazy these days lol

In AA's case a lot of brown knights make threads like "Why AA is not P2W", thus setting themselves up to be bashed.

The game was also highly anticipated as the only sandbox fantasy mmo on the market, and those high expectations met the reality of huge Korean grind, horrible rng based crafting/combat/etc, a loathsome LP system, the most p2w set up of any major mmo to date (while still charging a $15 sub to unlock the full game), and some disappointing game mechanics, not to mention several major blunders by the publisher here. People posted about those things, ur brown knights posted back the usual crap, and there we have it.

People have mainly taken issue with the p2w elements and Trion's handling of things, but there is actually a lot to criticize about the game itself (many good things about it as well). Its a shame the p2w part of the game and Trion's blunders have been so overwhelming that discussion outside of those aspects is extremely limited.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad,

Wouldn't a person going on to the AA forum and flaming it count as a 'view'?

If so, then you have answered your own question. The reason AA is number one is because 'everyone' (Your word) is going onto the forums and flaming it.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

The main issues with the game were the land hacks, server/login issues, bots.

These are mostly resolved. Auroria launch sucked because login issues plagued many players, who thought it unfair as they weren't able to acquire land. Login RNG :P

Some say it's too grindy, but I disagree with that completely. It's not any more grindy than any MMO you've ever played, personal opinion.

Its P2 Go faster, which means P2W in the early game. It will take about 6 more months of casual play to catch up to the people who paid to advance AND have ample playtime hours. However, Casual players who buy Apex or Cash shop utlities every so often aren't going to get ahead that much faster than a hardcore F2P. Hardcore subscribers do have an advantage with land, but unless they are buying gold/Apex they are still going to have to deal with Labor restraints which will slow them down. F2P is basically a themepark as you won't have much labor to craft with, but you can play free and be competetive because of dungeons and Hasla PvP. However, many crafters dislike these two features because it undermines their craft.

So Trion/XL have introduced things constantly over the last few weeks that hurt some players and help others. Such as TS log price reductions and Worker's comp increases. This is basically making everyone mad even though the playing field is still relatively fair in the long run. The TS prices really helped me to get my farm cart, however the worker's comp potions are too expensive for me now. you win some, you lose some.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016417/-100-000-Whales-An

They KNOW this business model hurts the game's lifespan and player retention.  If that's not greedy, then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it SUCKS and that a company that knowingly damages their product for the sake of profits deserves the hate they get, whether or not it's "greedy".

Originally posted by JDis25

So Trion/XL have introduced things constantly over the last few weeks that hurt some players and help others. Such as TS log price reductions and Worker's comp increases. This is basically making everyone mad even though the playing field is still relatively fair in the long run. The TS prices really helped me to get my farm cart, however the worker's comp potions are too expensive for me now. you win some, you lose some.

Kinda off topic, but I suspect the game will be harder for here on for those who don't pay much RL money.  Sure, the non-whales now have fishing boats and wagons from the cheap TS trees, but they'll need labor to craft and turn in the tradepacks from those wagons and to catch those fish (that and the fishing waters are now overcrowded), and labor potions have gone up in price, so that cancels out.

Meanwhile, other typical means of getting income for the non-whale such as TS tree hunting and archaeum trees are now near completely useless for making any amount of gold in any decent amount of time.  And APEX keeps going higher, which means that those that buy APEX with RL $$$ and sell it are now making more money while those that buy APEX with in-game gold are having it harder than ever.

The high price of labor potions also means that those who have RL cash have a much bigger advantage when it comes to crafting, because they can just buy their LP pots with money while the non-whales have to buy it with lots and lots of gold.

I'm pretty sure it's going to really really really suck to be a non-whale in AA in the coming months at this rate...

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I'm here to destrtoy this game whatever it takes because Trion deserves all this hate and more for them deceiving their customers.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016417/-100-000-Whales-An

They KNOW this business model hurts the game's lifespan and player retention.  If that's not greedy, then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that it SUCKS and that a company that knowingly damages their product for the sake of profits deserves the hate they get, whether or not it's "greedy".

Originally posted by JDis25

Kinda off topic, but I suspect the game will be harder for here on for those who don't pay much RL money.  Sure, the non-whales now have fishing boats and wagons from the cheap TS trees, but they'll need labor to craft and turn in the tradepacks from those wagons and to catch those fish (that and the fishing waters are now overcrowded), and labor potions have gone up in price, so that cancels out.

Meanwhile, other typical means of getting income for the non-whale such as TS tree hunting and archaeum trees are now near completely useless for making any amount of gold in any decent amount of time.  And APEX keeps going higher, which means that those that buy APEX with RL $$$ and sell it are now making more money while those that buy APEX with in-game gold are having it harder than ever.

The high price of labor potions also means that those who have RL cash have a much bigger advantage when it comes to crafting, because they can just buy their LP pots with money while the non-whales have to buy it with lots and lots of gold.

I'm pretty sure it's going to really really really suck to be a non-whale in AA in the coming months at this rate...

I suppose you have a point. However, i do expect things to level off as most things like this usually do. Too soon to tell and cash shop decisions make predicting the future difficult. Trion has to balance making money from greedy players without losing too many due to P2W. Since there are less players they may need to ease up on the P2W if they are smart. Whales are really only ~5% of the population.

Also the whales already have basically the best gear. Maybe not all of them but most and maybe not the best gear, but close. So really their return on every $ spent is reduced except to maybe purchase cosmetic/utility things for other members of their guilds so on and so forth. I think there is only one additional crafting grade being added and who knows when that will arrive. Plenty of time to get gold and buy gear. And plus you still have a fighting chance against someone in Epherium gear if you have Magnificent (tier-below).

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

I did not buy the game, and truly I agreed and side with those who criticize greedy fat software publisher companies. We had not bought any online games since D3 fiasco with infamous WoW locked-up. Until then, they all are in need of major regulation as other had said. Freedom of speech you know, and the truth truly hurts. There is no trust anymore for greed had prevailed and the law is as blind as the wild west.

Carry on regardless.

I'm kind of curious as to whats wrong with Elite: Dangerous. I've only heard good things about it.

Except the cost, which was way to high.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

Carry on regardless.

I'm kind of curious as to whats wrong with Elite: Dangerous. I've only heard good things about it.

Nothing.

It is actually doing fine, and there are no P2W business model either.

Don't know what Teabag was on about.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Carry on regardless.

Nothing.

I believe what Teabag meant is "I left Archeage for Elite Dangerous." or  "Elite Dangerous was so good that it killed Archeage for me."

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Carry on regardless.

Nothing.

I believe what Teabag meant is "I left Archeage for Elite Dangerous." or  "Elite Dangerous was so good that it killed Archeage for me."

That would make more sense because I did exactly the same thing too

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

People expected a lot out of this game.  The reality is really disappointing. 

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

In my case i didnt expect anything.

One day i decide to try out free in RU after see a post somewhere explain how to do it.

The 1st days i was close to quit, was playing in russian language, didnt understand nothing and the game just look like any others. Found a english guild, people help me to understand, was hable to play in english for a while, buy the premium and fall in love for this mmorpg.

I still love the game, its true that there is some things i dont like it but i adapt myself and survive, the only disappointement i have is Trion management.

Originally posted by Jabas

One day i decide to try out free in RU after see a post somewhere explain how to do it.

The 1st days i was close to quit, was playing in russian language, didnt understand nothing and the game just look like any others. Found a english guild, people help me to understand, was hable to play in english for a while, buy the premium and fall in love for this mmorpg.

I still love the game, its true that there is some things i dont like it but i adapt myself and survive, the only disappointement i have is Trion management.

Well that's fine, but the fact is Archeage is different.  I was so sick of themeparks and it really seemed like a great alternative.  But when gameplay elements are so flawed (100-0 stun combos, zerging) and Trion is basically doing whatever they possibly can to mess it up, I can't play it.

I'm back to playing themeparks and actually glad for it.  At least they're fair and everything simply works.

I'm still looking forward to a well-produced PVP sandbox, but my fear is that the problems with Archeage is going to turn anybody away from making one and we're only going to see even more wow-clones.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390

I don't know how much you expect to adapt in AA with the way Trion is handeling the cash shop. In my opinion not worth the trouble. By supporting this game you are supporting the mismanagement by Trion. Stuff like this shouldn't be rewarded by the players. Words are cheap. Quitting and saying 'no' to the cash shop is the only way to teach these companies a lesson. But sadly players are too weak to quit their addiction.

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad, ive played the game yes, and I don't think its too bad but I couldn't get into it

do people just love to hate games these days rather than playing them?

I dont know if people like to hate games, more than play. For AA, it isnt because of the game it self. It is the way that Trion and XLgames run the game. Such as taking 6 hours and 45 mins to put out a patch, that was suppose to take 6 hours. Then after the 6+ hours only a small amount of people were able to log in,  it was around 30 mins you would of been able to log into the game. After that it took them over 20 more hours to fix it so every one could get in. They didnt take the servers back down for for those 20 hours, and the patch was about a new place, that had to do with more land, which had to do with how many people you could get on, to take it. 

So that just gave a bad advantage to any one that got on first, I happened to be one of those people that made it on. My internet shut off, and i could never get back on the server.  That is just the latest thing they did to the people that play the game. The other thing is that there are alot of bots and cheats, and Trion and XLgames cant seem to do much of anything about it. It looks like what they do is ban them based on who reports them. Well one it costs labor points to report a bot haha, another is the way the system works is mentally retarded. I got reported as a bot, because i was running around in a circle. To get rid of this all you have to do is go to a Npc and pay them like 10 labor points.  Not to mention that Trion banned a bunch of people that werent botting or cheating, due to this terrible system lol. Let me sum it up, if you get reported by 5 people, while your afk, you will most prolly be banned. 

Next thing is that the game is pay 2 win, if your goal is to get the most stuff, or the best stuff. Any one that pays money is going to always have, more and better stuff than some one who doesnt. So the game being Pay 2 win, really really really bad customer service, by bad i mean slow and not responding at all, bots everywhere and they cant do anything about it, reguardless of how good the game is in it self, is going to get a bunch of hate. 

• hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    Originally posted by Thestrain

I don't know how much you expect to adapt in AA with the way Trion is handeling the cash shop. In my opinion not worth the trouble. By supporting this game you are supporting the mismanagement by Trion. Stuff like this shouldn't be rewarded by the players. Words are cheap. Quitting and saying 'no' to the cash shop is the only way to teach these companies a lesson. But sadly players are too weak to quit their addiction.

Lol dont call people weak because you dont like the cash shop and Trions terrible customer service. You make it sound like the people playing this game are like crack heads, and that is hardly the case. You dont need to quit the game to not use the cash shop. Are you really that dense, only a rare amount of people use the cash shop, or i should say abuse it. The majority just do the patron status or 15 a month, or if they dont care about land no money at all. The cash shop really doesnt effect any one, other than the insane. 

By the insane i mean, it only effects the people one like your self, that want to try and compete with some one spending 1000s a week on a video game, so you get all pissy that they are doing that, and quit the game, and two the people that actually spend that amount of cash on the game. For every one else it doesnt matter in the slightest. I dont care that some one just dumped 2000 dollars to get a pixel sword, that beats me in the fight lol. It doesnt effect my fun with the game in the slightest. 

The cash shop only effects a small amount of people...... Which are the way to rich, who just waste money any ways, and the way to crazy trying to compete with the rich who waste money.  To be honest though all mmos are pay 2 win. So what one are you playing thats not lol. If i hope into eve online with 30 grand cash, I am going to wipe the floor with some one who spend 15 a month.  Same with any MMO. 

Originally posted by hatefulpeace

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad, ive played the game yes, and I don't think its too bad but I couldn't get into it

do people just love to hate games these days rather than playing them?

I dont know if people like to hate games, more than play. For AA, it isnt because of the game it self. It is the way that Trion and XLgames run the game. Such as taking 6 hours and 45 mins to put out a patch, that was suppose to take 6 hours. Then after the 6+ hours only a small amount of people were able to log in,  it was around 30 mins you would of been able to log into the game. After that it took them over 20 more hours to fix it so every one could get in. They didnt take the servers back down for for those 20 hours, and the patch was about a new place, that had to do with more land, which had to do with how many people you could get on, to take it. 

So that just gave a bad advantage to any one that got on first, I happened to be one of those people that made it on. My internet shut off, and i could never get back on the server.  That is just the latest thing they did to the people that play the game. The other thing is that there are alot of bots and cheats, and Trion and XLgames cant seem to do much of anything about it. It looks like what they do is ban them based on who reports them. Well one it costs labor points to report a bot haha, another is the way the system works is mentally retarded. I got reported as a bot, because i was running around in a circle. To get rid of this all you have to do is go to a Npc and pay them like 10 labor points.  Not to mention that Trion banned a bunch of people that werent botting or cheating, due to this terrible system lol. Let me sum it up, if you get reported by 5 people, while your afk, you will most prolly be banned. 

Next thing is that the game is pay 2 win, if your goal is to get the most stuff, or the best stuff. Any one that pays money is going to always have, more and better stuff than some one who doesnt. So the game being Pay 2 win, really really really bad customer service, by bad i mean slow and not responding at all, bots everywhere and they cant do anything about it, reguardless of how good the game is in it self, is going to get a bunch of hate. 

It never ends either.  Scapes is saying in a thread today that basically they didn't know what rumbling saplings were.  So they're going to take them out of the game, but will put them back in at some point.

"We were aware that the logs were one potential outcome of the Rumbling Archeum Tree Saplings. We had mistakenly assumed they would be far more rare and dangerous to acquire than they were in reality. Our incorrect assumption was that they would have a high requirement of rare, dangerous, and time consuming resources and would require more time needed to grow.

Currently, we will be removing the chest with a chance to drop the Rumbling Archeum Tree Sapling per our and XLGAMES' original schedule but are exploring ways to reintroduce it shortly afterwards."

There's no excuse for the server issues on Auroria launch and there's no excuse to put items into your game via cash shop that you don't even know the properties of, which turns out to really mess with the economy because thunderstruck trees are dropping like flies.

Throw on log-on issues at headstart, patron status issues, no 10% discount, the initial queues, extremely long and frequent patches, hackshield which doesn't stop hacking, bad PR, and it all adds up to a really fine mess.

Bottomline: they don't know what they're doing and have no business publishing this MMO.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by hatefulpeace
    Originally posted by Thestrain

Lol dont call people weak because you dont like the cash shop and Trions terrible customer service. You make it sound like the people playing this game are like crack heads, and that is hardly the case. You dont need to quit the game to not use the cash shop. Are you really that dense, only a rare amount of people use the cash shop, or i should say abuse it. The majority just do the patron status or 15 a month, or if they dont care about land no money at all. The cash shop really doesnt effect any one, other than the insane. 

By the insane i mean, it only effects the people one like your self, that want to try and compete with some one spending 1000s a week on a video game, so you get all pissy that they are doing that, and quit the game, and two the people that actually spend that amount of cash on the game. For every one else it doesnt matter in the slightest. I dont care that some one just dumped 2000 dollars to get a pixel sword, that beats me in the fight lol. It doesnt effect my fun with the game in the slightest. 

The cash shop only effects a small amount of people...... Which are the way to rich, who just waste money any ways, and the way to crazy trying to compete with the rich who waste money.  To be honest though all mmos are pay 2 win. So what one are you playing thats not lol. If i hope into eve online with 30 grand cash, I am going to wipe the floor with some one who spend 15 a month.  Same with any MMO. 

Video game addiction works on same principle as any other addiction. And yes people are unable to pull themselves away from video games for similar reasons. You have never come across players who despite of knowing the negative effects games have on their life are still unable to quit? the whole purpose of the games is to get you addicted and coerce you into shelling money on cash shops.

As far as what majority or minority does do you have any data to back up your claims? i would like to know how you know that a rare amount of people use cash shop?