Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage most day/week/monthly views... and all people do is flame it

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad, ive played the game yes, and I don't think its too bad but I couldn't get into it

do people just love to hate games these days rather than playing them?

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by A1D3N

why does AA have the most daily/weekly/monthly views latterly but everyone is always commenting on how it sucks so bad, ive played the game yes, and I don't think its too bad but I couldn't get into it

Today, and this week most views for AA, ESO for the month. Yeah though AA forums are interesting atm. We are watching a backlash to f2p and what some would call a publisher's failing unfold minute by minute.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Welcome to the Internets?

There are only ever 2 views here, Love or Hate. There is no in between. Just like 'Merican politics. Even though almost all of the population is in the "middle"

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

WoD will light up the forums next and people hit max level and run out of things to do... 'tis the nature of the beast... love it then hate it... move to next title, rinse repeat.

We've gone from bashing ESO to bashing WS to bashing AA... notice the order is in direct correlation to their release order, fascinating, isn't it.  WoD releases tomorrow, it will be the flavor of the month to bash within a few short weeks.

Isn't this exciting?

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814

It's just the normal human attraction to watching a car wreck or train wreck. Rubbernecking is what it's called.

AA was such a shiny new car, most ppl who test drove it loved it. Then they released it and it crashed into a bank, and was totaled.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• ThestrainThestrain Member CommonPosts: 390

Umm why do you think AA get so many views? because people enjoy watching a train wreck.

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

I just don't get why people cant just leave the game to people who like it, I mean if you don't like a game don't you just leave it alone... and don't care... that's what I do anyway

people are crazy these days lol

Currently Playing:

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Originally posted by olepi

It's just the normal human attraction to watching a car wreck or train wreck. Rubbernecking is what it's called.

AA was such a shiny new car, most ppl who test drove it loved it. Then they released it and it crashed into a bank, and was totaled.

I like this

Currently Playing:

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I just don't get why people cant just leave the game to people who like it, I mean if you don't like a game don't you just leave it alone... and don't care... that's what I do anyway

Jealous. Not crazy. Jealous and filled with hate.

Most of these people are either still playing or quit recently. That is why thy are discussing about it. In few weeks no one would even bother with AA and it will be resting at the bottom of the sea with the rest of the forgotten open world MMOS.

Your wish of 'leave it alone' will be granted but just not yet. it takes time to put out the fires.

• teabagteabag Member Posts: 118

I did not buy the game, and truly I agreed and side with those who criticize greedy fat software publisher companies. We had not bought any online games since D3 fiasco with infamous WoW locked-up. Until then, they all are in need of major regulation as other had said. Freedom of speech you know, and the truth truly hurts. There is no trust anymore for greed had prevailed and the law is as blind as the wild west.

Elite Dangerous had finally nailed the final nails in our coffins.

Carry on regardless.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

guess you don't know what trion is doing, most people would still be playing if not for trion mistakes, error and wish for just milk the game for fastest as possible

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

People spend a lot of time and money on MMOs so when they feel burned they get angry. The primary outlet for consumer rage is social media like forums so here we are.

Originally posted by Four0Six

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

For me, it's about what I think is the worst MMORPG business model ever published for any online game. I don't hate AA, the game itself sounds like it could have been fun to play had the monetization of it not gotten in the way. Regardless, I chose not to support such a model. And while I won't say I hate AA itself, I dislike the business model and would not like to see it repeated for the future. As I see it, it would just be one foot in the grave for MMORPGs in general if this kind of triple dipping takes hold as the norm.

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

Because of all the issues with the game, Trion not fulfilling it's promises, unfair bans, lack of vision, need I continue?

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

I believe the majority of the hate is directed at the business model and not at the game itself.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

For me, it's about what I think is the worst MMORPG business model ever published for any online game. I don't hate AA, the game itself sounds like it could have been fun to play had the monetization of it not gotten in the way. Regardless, I chose not to support such a model. And while I won't say I hate AA itself, I dislike the business model and would not like to see it repeated for the future. As I see it, it would just be one foot in the grave for MMORPGs in general if this kind of triple dipping takes hold as the norm.

Trion's NA/EU monetization of AA, despite their attempts to soften the model from its more objectionable Korean version, is actually doing a lot of good in highlighting for everyone that F2P, even in large AAA MMOs, is becoming more and more like the sleaziest Facebook and IOS/Android implementations.

The "virtues" of F2P are getting tougher for fans of the business model to defend thanks to AA... this is a very good wake-up call for many.

The game itself? Almost everyone that likes it or liked it will tell you that It was more fun in Alpha. It would have been a pretty good sub game... and an even better one if they weren't so frigging stingy with land plots.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Trion's NA/EU monetization of AA, despite their attempts to soften the model from its more objectionable Korean version, is actually doing a lot of good in highlighting for everyone that F2P, even in large AAA MMOs, is becoming more and more like the sleaziest Facebook and IOS/Android implementations.

The "virtues" of F2P are getting tougher for fans of the business model to defend thanks to AA... this is a very good wake-up call for many.

The game itself? Almost everyone that likes it or liked it will tell you that It was more fun in Alpha. It would have been a pretty good sub game... and an even better one if they weren't so frigging stingy with land plots.

Indeed it was. the most fun i ever had in long time.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I haven't played ArcheAge but usually when there is smoke, there is fire. Usually...
  • Varex12Varex12 Member CommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by Four0Six

Jealous?  Really?  Can you expand on that a bit?

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

...so true

I suppose this seems to be the place to bitch and then have your thread trolled by folks who like to think their ideas are superior to the average gamer that frequents this place of <ahem> "discourse".

However, from time to time we are blessed with some truly thoughtful threads.

Oh well, as many say, "haters gonna hate..." image

Alyn

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Just because something attracts views doesn't mean it's not crap.

In my opinion Archeage is broken beyond repair. I didn't like 80% or more of the MMOs I play but I've never experienced so much "crap" in what is supposed to NOT be an indie game. It's fail after fail.

Now MMORPG is not representative of anything because here every game is hated. It's like metacritic. However, even on other forums AA is getting trashed.

YOu ask why? A lot of people paid $150 for this game. Then the game had numerous game breaking issues - servers melting down and locking out half of the founders from access to land, patron status issues, giving patron statuses to F2P, blatant hacking and cheating in the game. I quit the game way before Auroria was released but I can see that they still haven't learnt a thing. Instant land grabs, hacking, cheating. server crashing. Then they decided to sell some of the most expensive items in the cash shop, significantly reducing their value.

Archeage is just a steaming pile of shit.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by teabag

I did not buy the game, and truly I agreed and side with those who criticize greedy fat software publisher companies. We had not bought any online games since D3 fiasco with infamous WoW locked-up. Until then, they all are in need of major regulation as other had said. Freedom of speech you know, and the truth truly hurts. There is no trust anymore for greed had prevailed and the law is as blind as the wild west.

Carry on regardless.

yeah...regulate it...that has worked...never.

stop with the "greedy" software publishers...what do you think their main goal is?  TO MAKE MONEY.  you'd be stupid to think differently.  So guess what, they strive to make money.  Nothing greedy about it.

Gamers have a choice as to whether they want to put money into a game or not...so let's start blaming the people that support these developers and stop blaming the developers trying to make a living.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I think it reflects what is going on in the ArcheAge Official Forums, and isn't much different here nor there.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by teabag

Carry on regardless.

yeah...regulate it...that has worked...never.

stop with the "greedy" software publishers...what do you think their main goal is?  TO MAKE MONEY.  you'd be stupid to think differently.  So guess what, they strive to make money.  Nothing greedy about it.

Gamers have a choice as to whether they want to put money into a game or not...so let's start blaming the people that support these developers and stop blaming the developers trying to make a living.

Just because you don't like the game, doesn't mean others don't.  It's their money, if they want to waste it, it's their choice... just as it is your choice to not play a game.  

Instead of blaming everyone else for crappy games, maybe consider for a moment that you're the one with the problem.  And even if others agree with you, it's still not my problem.  

See how little influence you have over others and how much influence you have over yourself?