Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancellation Warning!

2»

Comments

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Thanks for the feeback guys.  Apart from the two people that have never been caught out by anything before, I appreciate that the consensus is that people think companies should make it as easy to unsubscribe as they do to subscribe.

By making me jump through hoops to leave, I won't be back, so I wonder how they benefit from it?

But, I wish I could be as clever as the two guys that posted on here to tell me how stupid I am.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

OP you are right, to be fair I didn't have an issue cancelling my sub with them, however if you have found something that isn't very user friendly then PROVIDING you did not play the game during that period I would contact them for a refund and highlight the issues. 

I mean, chances are this is just poor design, so if you can help them help other players who might be caught out with their processes this would go a long way in helping others. 

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Well, i was gonna make fun of you but you weren't ranting all that much and you weren't screaming about the BBB either so i'll offer you this very simple and plain advice that deals with -any- sort of automated pay system.

Next time you go to cancel a subscription of any kind, make sure you check your subscription status after you cancel.

Sound advice, I just did the same with ArcheAge and went back to make sure recurring subs were cancelled.

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Well, i was gonna make fun of you but you weren't ranting all that much and you weren't screaming about the BBB either so i'll offer you this very simple and plain advice that deals with -any- sort of automated pay system.

Next time you go to cancel a subscription of any kind, make sure you check your subscription status after you cancel.

Your post..... you know the BBB takes bribes for giving you good ratings, and slanders you if you don't..... right? : Anyone with half a noodle knows that.

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146

I don't remember having a bad experience with Wildstar, but I do empathize with you on the frustration. My horror story was canceling from FF:ARR. No joke, took me 15 minutes and Google to figure out how to do it. No "manage subscription" tab or cancel or anything.

What I don't get is why companies think this is a good idea. Do they think that people are so lazy that they will eventually throw up their hands and say "fuck it! charge me forever while i don't play" or that they will not notice a $15 charge on their statement?

I'm sure there are a number of people who will do one of these two, at least for a while, but I feel like the vast majority of payers will remember frustrations like this and harbor resentment in the long term. For myself, I will always have my past experience in mind when contemplating using Square Enix products going forward. Is the short-term quantitative gain really better than the long-term qualitative losses to goodwill and return players/ retention?