Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Great Bill Murphy Challenge!

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Dangit, why didn't I think of this...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

It is a good idea on paper OP however,the site has an agenda to fulfill and Mr.Murphy is apart of that team that follows guidelines.What i feel would end up happening is just the same as game developers do when they say they listen.

What happens is when an agenda or idea fits what they want to write an article on anyhow,they will pretend to use your idea but in reality,the idea they were going to write on anyhow.That is why i say it is like developers,if you have a couple hundred or thousand ideas,YOUR agenda is bound to stumble onto one of those or many of those,then you can say "see we listen to our player base or fan base".

Their agenda is to already try to cover as many games as possible in hopes of positive feedback or support from those developers.They also ask their writers to make articles to follow up support from developers.So what would really help is to simply bring up ideas that are not covered but we already sort of do that anyhow.

Like the OBVIOUS first up is going to be the WOW expansion,do we really need to get people to start asking for it ,when it will happen anyway?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TanemundTanemund Member UncommonPosts: 154

I know PvE gets a bad rap around here, but that's what most of us spend our time doing in MMOs.  Either through just plain leveling or crafting or farming to go on raids or to get PvP gear, PvE is where our avatars live the majority of their pixellated lives.  Even though I tend to PvP as much as possible and I have some great memories, the strange part is my most cherished memories of playing MMOs are PvE related.  Usually it's something foolish that happens during leveling or farming or even just horsing around.  These seemed to be the moments when  I really connected with people and they became more than people I knew on line; they became friends.

I'd like to see a post about your top ten PvE memories be they funny, silly, sad, maddening or otherwise.  They can be in whatever games you choose.

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by DMKano
    Oh this one is easyE3 2013 Best in Show award for EQNextHow in seven hells did that happen?Has this at least prompted MMORPG to change policy for games to be at least in "hands on playable" state before considering them for any awards?
    I'd like to know this, too, but have a feeling that they will ignore this and hope it goes away :)
    It's not surprising. There weren't any other note worthy MMOs that were presented. Even compared to playable ones it wins by what was shown.
    That's the thing, though. EQ:N was not present, either. Their developers sure were, but the game was nowhere to be found. Clandestine meetings do not make a "best of Show" winner, because they "showed" nothing.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Originally posted by mmoguy43

Originally posted by DMKano
    Oh this one is easy

E3 2013 Best in Show award for EQNext

How in seven hells did that happen?

Has this at least prompted MMORPG to change policy for games to be at least in "hands on playable" state before considering them for any awards?

I'd like to know this, too, but have a feeling that they will ignore this and hope it goes away :)
    It's not surprising. There weren't any other note worthy MMOs that were presented. Even compared to playable ones it wins by what was shown.
    That's the thing, though. EQ:N was not present, either. Their developers sure were, but the game was nowhere to be found. Clandestine meetings do not make a "best of Show" winner, because they "showed" nothing.

Not to the public.

http://www.eqnextfans.com/news/24661-mmorpg-hands-eq-next-the-best-of-show-award-at-e3