Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would you like to see added or removed?

LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I'm sure everyone playing has something they love to see removed or added. What's yours?

I would love to see more of a Horizontal progression along with what they have now.

I would love to see the removal of the zone lines, and I think will see less of them once they phase out the PS3.

Comments

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Stances.

I like/love certain classes/jobs but i hate being forced to play them one way.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    I just wish they'd get rid of the class system and make each job have a unique set of abilities.  Hardly anyone plays classes at max level, save for PvP, and on jobs there is only the illusion of choice between the cross class abilities that you can pick from two other classes.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Originally posted by nbtscan
    I just wish they'd get rid of the class system and make each job have a unique set of abilities.  Hardly anyone plays classes at max level, save for PvP, and on jobs there is only the illusion of choice between the cross class abilities that you can pick from two other classes.

Dark Night is going to be like this. I wonder how it's going to work.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

More jobs which allow for different roles. For example, instead of just having Ninja be available as a DPS for thieves, how about an Acrobat job which allows for evasion tanking? Or a job for Gladiators which allows for using sword & shield in an offensive role? Or a job for pugilist which allows them to tank (since to get monk you need Marauder levels, and get access to one of their taunts)? The list goes on.

The job system is cool but it can be a bit frustrating, at least to me, because it's not being used to its full potential. Between that and cross-class skills, there's tremendous potential for character customization in the game, and I hope they start really utilizing it in the future.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    For me its 25+ Man raids...then the game would be complete....ohh and more item diversity!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    FATEs removed and appropriate quests put in its place.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    FATEs removed and appropriate quests put in its place.

I like FATEs, but more quests to help with leveling alts in addition to them would be nice.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Open world PvP. Then I might try this game image
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

- More horizontal progression would be amazing.

- I'd also love to see the renkai system from FFXI (skillchains) brought into the game instead of the current limit break system. Or, if not that, more unique / individualized limit breaks. As well as multiple choices per class to select from.

- More class customization. By this I'm talking about abilities / specs. The game has the groundwork for a lot of customization, but doesn't utilize any of it. Which still bugs me. Perhaps the closest class to this that we see is the arcanist (with the ability to switch between 2 different roles, as well as using different pets (summons) for different situations. I don't like how every class is basically locked into a certain skill set (you can choose a limited few cross-class skills, but most of them aren't worth taking. Furthermore, the gear further punishes build-variance by locking you into jobs over classes. With the only customization really being which secondary stat (spell speed, skill speed, crit) is hot that month.

- Samurai / Red Mage.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

1. Crafted gear should be on par with top end drop gear. 

2. No cash shop of any kind.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

What nonsense! There is a perfectly good subscription fee, you have to have a cash shop with it! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Get rid of all of the completely worthless Skill Speed gear, especially for Bards, or at least change Skill Speed to  useful stat.

When you look at some of the other classes, especially the magic users, all of their stats on their gear are useful because things like Spell Speed actually have a purpose. Skill Speed though is the most worthless stat in the game, requiring stacking tons of it to even see a noticeable difference and having to give up much more important stats like Det and Crit to do that. Just as an example you have a mix of players using Black Mage and going for a pure Det / Crit build as well as Black Mages who go with a Spell Speed build. Both are viable ways to play the class. Even if you're not a Spell Speed focused build, wearing something that has Spell Speed won;t automatically gimp you.

However with Skill Speed basically any piece of gear youre wearing that has Skill Speed on it in place of Det or Crit is only hurting you rather than helping you, especially in the case of bards who rely heavily on having lots of Crit for their Bloodletter procs.

This could be changed by altering Skill Speed though. Right now, all it does is reduce the GCD between skills, at an extremely low rate. You have to stack hundreds of Skill Speed to even get 1/4 second taken off of your GCD. AT the same time even with any noticeable increase, it is only making you hit faster, but still at the same TP cost, and for way less damage than with other stats. All it is doing is causing you to do less damage per amount of TP spent.

If they were to both slightly increase the amount that Skill Speed reduced your GCD AND also have it reduce the TP cost of skills, then it could actually be a useful stat. By reducing the TP cost it would bring a Skill Speed build more in line with the other builds allowing them to put out weaker but faster hits for less TP per hit than the full damage builds. If setup for the 2 types of builds were properly balanced it would offer a secondary style of play to the classes who rely on it instead of the current Det/Crit only builds.

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162

More mini games to play while waiting for 60min queue's I want some card games i can sit in my house and play with my fc while waiting for queue's

some kind of pvp for Fc's unlike frontlines more fair and more rewarding.

a better gear system then what they have now. pretty much everyone runs around with the same stuff on it sucks.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Raids and Raid Progression. Always makes things rewarding working through content. When i played ARR I didn't get that huge of a vibe going through Coil 1-4, though it still was satisfying enough. Could just use more 'big' kind of raids to go through, rather then breaking one into small parts like coil is. A sense of grandure would go along way giving multiple route raids with smaller bites that can be done in a single night. 

The thing I'd rid of most would be fixing the timing. FF14 is pretty much set up that "if your not out of the red when the ability is just right about to go off, your dead". The timing itself is just off from other games. It can be counted for, but it would be nice if it was tuned to be more similiar to other MMos so more reaction time can be given rather then having to memorize everything perfectly for quick acting abilities.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

What nonsense! There is a perfectly good subscription fee, you have to have a cash shop with it! :)

I am done with Cash shops. Which probably means I am done with MMORPGs. I've supported them in games like GW2 and SWTOR. Both games are good examples of cash shops that don't sell advantages. But they still undermine the game. The Meta Game and/or the developer's future content. 

Nope, done. I'll play SP games if that's the way it goes. I'll probably try ESO soon AFAIK, it's the ONLY one left with no publisher based RMT.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

I am done with Cash shops. Which probably means I am done with MMORPGs. I've supported them in games like GW2 and SWTOR. Both games are good examples of cash shops that don't sell advantages. But they still undermine the game. The Meta Game and/or the developer's future content. 

Nope, done. I'll play SP games if that's the way it goes. I'll probably try ESO soon AFAIK, it's the ONLY one left with no publisher based RMT.

[mod edit] I guess you'll be staying away from ESO since they also sell a mount in their shop as well as the imperial upgrade which gives you access to a whole race with its own unique stats, the ability to play any race in any faction, and a special crafting style.

Also, quite a bit of the crafted gear can be just as good, in some cases even better, than the other gear in FFXIV when youre using HQ items with the proper melds. It can have slightly higher total stat points as well as the ability to add whichever stats you prefer instead of being stuck with a bad stat + a good stat to maximize that 1 stat.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Alders

Stances.

I like/love certain classes/jobs but i hate being forced to play them one way.

It would be a great shame to have the little room for complication this game can afford be wasted on stances. There is always a limit to the number of variables (= class builds) a dev team can handle before dire balance problems start to arise. That is why in my opinion the few variables that actually make it to the game be made as interesting as possible. Same classes/jobs in a new paint taking up a precious variable slot sounds pretty horrible in this regard, especially when the dev team has so many new jobs to pull from the IP. 

WoW is stuck with its what, nine classes? They essentially multiple each class by three, making 27 totally different experience available to you. Yet it's still the same nine archetypes that makes up the 27 options. Introducing even one new class to this concept is a huge occurrence. For 12 million players at the peak the dev team could afford to introduce just one new class in how many years? That's because they know they have to tread carefully in this regard, as the balance problem cannot be solved with money (which they have lots of). For this game that kind of design choice sounds suffocating to say the least. I want Dark Knights, not Dragoons made to tank. I want chemists, blue mages, red mages, samurais, geomancers and many many more staple (and original) FF jobs.

You may not understand the implications of simply replicating the same job three times but I do. If any form of proper class balance is to be maintained, you can't just introduce both new jobs and divide the current jobs into three stances without consequence. No matter how much you want it there is a limit to how many variables humans can work with. You cannot throw more people at the problem either.

SE knows this and as far as I can see they, too, understand that the game needs to take a different approach to the class system than WoW did. Instead of 9 classes branching into three playstyles, over time we should be able to get to 27 original jobs that do not branch. Whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you, of course, but personally I'll gladly take 27 original options over 9 options with stances (talents).

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193
    Without a doubt the most detrimental thing that can happen to a Pay to Play mmorpg is going down the Cash shop rout. Selling mounts and cosmetic items is only the start of a downward spiral that will eventually lead to "convenience" items marketed to us as "pay for convenience not pay to win." I can see exp boosts, craft success boosts, etc. being sold in the cash shop within a year or two if people don't express their disapproval. Bottom line, one thing removed:  The cash shop in its entirety. One thing added, cash shop items as Vendor items that players can obtain with gill or reputation.