Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regraded and quit

crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
Hello, going to keep this relatively short. Had been playing Archage since beta, very casually. Spent most my time in game farming to earn gold and sound trade runs.

Anyway, started playing around with regradeing, burned through all my gold in less than 20 minutes. The absolute imbalance and benefit the botters and gold buyers have is absolutely unreal. Trion has shown themselves absolutely incapable of managing this fiasco.

In closing: Archage is a massive time and money sink, where there is very little incentive not to buy and use one of the many cheap bot programs available. The game is beautiful, but Trion's incompetence and inability to make needed changes just makes this game unplayable for anyone with real life responsibilities, tons of disposable cash or desire to bot.

I will absolutely never purchase another Trion game again (or a game being leased by a foreign company).

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Sorry, wrote this on my phone, so spaces didn't show up, and we're some strange spelling errors.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

The point of these regrade systems is to get you to spend tons of money in the cash shop getting regrade success boosters (even in a game where cash shop items are tradeable, buying that amount of regrades with gold tends to be rather... infeasible.  Whether or not it is, the company gets the money from SOMEONE either way though).

The company doesn't care that this harms player retention and game life span by making people quit (source: R2Games' business presentation).  Those that aren't one of the people willing to pay thousands of dollars for upgraded gear are expendable and superfluous to this type of monetization.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    So the token area of Hasla only being big enough for about 5 groups and the entire servers population needed 650 tokens so you basically have to compete with 50 people to get the first hit on a mob that spawns every minute is ok with you?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• atziluthatziluth Member UncommonPosts: 1,190
    The new South Park episode sums it up nicely.

-Atziluth-

- Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Welcome to Korean crafting. This game has been out for two years, nothing about should have been a mystery to anyone.
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305

Just do not leave prior transfer houses and farms to me.

• 1000111010110001110101 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by atziluth
    The new South Park episode sums it up nicely.

Yep, funny and sad at the same time.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    So the token area of Hasla only being big enough for about 5 groups and the entire servers population needed 650 tokens so you basically have to compete with 50 people to get the first hit on a mob that spawns every minute is ok with you?

Did you accidentally reply to the wrong thread or something?  /confused

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Originally posted by crysent
    Hello, going to keep this relatively short. Had been playing Archage since beta, very casually. Spent most my time in game farming to earn gold and sound trade runs. Anyway, started playing around with regradeing, burned through all my gold in less than 20 minutes. The absolute imbalance and benefit the botters and gold buyers have is absolutely unreal. Trion has shown themselves absolutely incapable of managing this fiasco. In closing: Archage is a massive time and money sink, where there is very little incentive not to buy and use one of the many cheap bot programs available. The game is beautiful, but Trion's incompetence and inability to make needed changes just makes this game unplayable for anyone with real life responsibilities, tons of disposable cash or desire to bot. I will absolutely never purchase another Trion game again (or a game being leased by a foreign company).

i feel you bro!

The game had potential to be something great...but the money hungry cowards managed to fck it all up!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

WHY???? BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PAYYYYY.