Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conan - Most mature MMO ever?

13»

Comments

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

How many adults do you think play mmogs? I say alot maybe half of the young kids that play it from the ages of 10-16. I can't imagine anyone younger playing any mmogs let alone Age of Conan. M rating is a shocker what exaclty are they going to but in this game? Makes you wonder, is it going to be like God of War with naked women and  so much gore that you don't know what youy just killed.

Or will it be like the movie with stuff that will frighten the younger set and get a cheer from the older demographic. I for one will be trying it once it is ready for beta and from there I will decide if it  is worth throwing money at.

• BannedBanned Member Posts: 2
    As much as I loved Tolkienesque fantasy when I was younger, I also loved the savage world of Conan and I'm glad someone is finally making a quality game out of it. Blood, guts, barbarians, whores and no elves -- you gotta love it...image
  • MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,105

Just to let you know. When ultima online came out (the T2A expansion) it was rated Mature "M".

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

M rating is awesome. Its about time an mmorpg was set in a dark and violent place.

• benoabenoa Member Posts: 7

Mature ratings attract not repell immature players.  I doubt most parents will even notice it's inappropriate.  Note how many kids beat up hookers with Grand theft auto.

I have high hopes for this game, but i fear for it's intended community.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Prior to the free monthly fee period AO had the best community in the world.. I contribute this to the fact that Funcom made a game that you actually had to think to play. The complexity of AO made for a very mature community and the best in any MMORPG that I have played to date. I think they will do the same thing here with AoC.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• HyborianHeroHyborianHero Member Posts: 33

This game is likely to get an M for two reasons. The use of blood in battles and the Developers desire to hook those who want to see it. In reading the Dev quotes you really have to learn to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

On one hand you have Dev's who are claiming to be long time roleplayers and fans of REH's Conan works. On the other hand you have them going off in directions with many things that have little or no relationship to REH's world at all.

And these are things that can be corrected. Like the names of class types etc. I am frankly stunned by the lack of imagination and advances FunCom is going to have in this game. They seem to be taking the easy road in nearly every area.

It currently has the worst starting character choices of any game I've ever seen. Just three races. Three!

And nearly zero options to play a character in the world that would have added some of the color of REH's world to the game. Dancing girls? Nope. Barkeeps? Nope. Slave merchants? Nope. Dealers in kidnapped women, nope. Dealers in Lotus, nope. And the list of things that don't exist could fill stadiums.

The mature aspect will not be in the gritty and exotic cities of REH's world. It will be blood. The game is going to be a mix of D&D, WoW, and Guild Wars.

PvP heaven. A place that will hardly appeal to the more mature side of gaming.

• comacoma Member Posts: 92

If that happens im gonna be all hype. nothing too substantial all hype

you guys are really  bad at lying you should watch it out or you re gonna be regreting your lives choices.

• DeadeXDeadeX Member Posts: 170
    I just friggin love this.... M Rating

Shooo wow kids! go play something else!
  • TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179
    I'm, without question, looking forward to the Mature rating. I'm glad that Funcom is bold enough to follow through with something new like Age of Conan.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.