Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DEAD

FeldronFeldron Member UncommonPosts: 337
Didn't this game die like a year ago

Comments

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Didnt people say that a year ago?

Should look at the video I posted, you would see the game is still live and kicken.

True mmorpgs are a nich market, not many people want freedom. They all want to be bound to rules and restrictions, to stay safe.

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

you are retarded.

the game is terrible... look at the control scheme... it's more restrictive than gw, if thats even fuckin possible. you can control the camera worth a shit... it's a terrible game.

servers are awful with lag, it just... honestly the absolute worst game i have ever played.

i've never disliked an mmo, let alone a game so much.

downloaded the free trial, played for 5 miniutes and deleted it.

again, the reason for wow's popularty is only the control system... it makes combat fun which is why it sold 6 million copies, it's the exact same reason nobody plays swg... the game did everything right, except player control. wow is the only mmo to his the nail on the head in that area, and look where it went? duhhhhhh

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Im not talking about the RPG interface that Shadowbane has, im talking about the ability to kill someone for taking my camp, a free, open world, where I can do whatever I want. No instance's, no hiding, no safty nets.

Guildwars and all thoes other fake rpg's have FPS interfaces and lots of safty controls to keep you safe. UO before trammel ruled because it had a RPG interface and open combat (before trammel came out and ruined that game).

Shadowbane is as close as it gets to UO pre trammel in 3d. Atleast till Darkfall comes out, if it ever comes out.

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120
    It took me a couple of days to get my settings to the way that made it comfortable to me. To judge a game on 5 minutes of game time is unfair in any game. If you are really ready to play an all out crush to win game, get off of noob isle before making comments. As for the lag issues, it is minimal, except for when some large scale battles are going on, or if you're still on dial-up. The people who still play this game are mostly hard core pvp-ers who enjoy the thrill of fighting any time, any where and anybody. If you want to give this game a try, I suggest finding and joining a gaming community that is involved in the game. They will have members who have been playing for a while and will be able to help you with the finer aspects of the game and charactor creation, and it can be hard to join a guild when leaving noob isle when nobody knows you. This is not a game that you can really go around solo, although it is possible depending on the toon you play, but you can bet if you kill someone and don't move out of the area, you will have that persons friends hunting you down, enjoy.
  • Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Originally posted by jdkskip
    It took me a couple of days to get my settings to the way that made it comfortable to me. To judge a game on 5 minutes of game time is unfair in any game. If you are really ready to play an all out crush to win game, get off of noob isle before making comments. As for the lag issues, it is minimal, except for when some large scale battles are going on, or if you're still on dial-up. The people who still play this game are mostly hard core pvp-ers who enjoy the thrill of fighting any time, any where and anybody. If you want to give this game a try, I suggest finding and joining a gaming community that is involved in the game. They will have members who have been playing for a while and will be able to help you with the finer aspects of the game and charactor creation, and it can be hard to join a guild when leaving noob isle when nobody knows you. This is not a game that you can really go around solo, although it is possible depending on the toon you play, but you can bet if you kill someone and don't move out of the area, you will have that persons friends hunting you down, enjoy.

Yes, that is it in a nutshell, I am thinking about going back & well if I do I hope I can find a guild, the guild I joined for DF beta is playing L2, but I want the city buoilding/sieging aspects of SB. Really it would be cool if I could get the guild to go SB.

• Gamma-EnergyGamma-Energy Member Posts: 8

I quit playing SB 2 years ago around release, and now im coming back again.  I have been out of the loop for a while with MMORPG's b/c of my classes etc..  But im finished now and I have alot of free time on my hands, so if you all dont mind, im just going to solicit myself a bit.  If anyone here has a guild/server that is pretty well established give me a shout, it will be worth your time..  I am experienced with RPG's, I've played, UO, AC, and the latter SB.   Hope to talk to you soon, later. 

• Gamma-EnergyGamma-Energy Member Posts: 8

Oh yeah, and BTW.  SB is the greatest mmorpg of all time.  I can tell you this b/c ive had over 11 years experience with them..  SB is definatly not dead..

• flea1flea1 Member Posts: 250

heh the game is dieing whats the peak pop on prime time? O wait they removed that from the game as people would go its dead.

Sb was a good game when it had population but hacks dupes cheating and dev kiss asses ruined that game. I will never go back nor buy sb2.

Heres a neat trick to get somone banned from game. Make a record of somone exploit farming in the ice giants or in the swamp. Now every 5 days resend that record. Within 3 weeks account banned.

Only reson the game satss a float is there have very little overhead. They paid for the game after it released and costs little to run a skeleton crew to maintain 3 or 4 servers.

Orky Name Generator, only at www.bigchoppaz.com

• rdrpappyrdrpappy Member Posts: 325

SB did a good job with the range of diversity, how many times did you get a good rune or two and start scrawling out a build plan?

The banes were fun and the playable races are interesting, vampires, centaurs, Minotaur you can turn some races into werewolves and so on by adding different runes.

The problem was the games performance and bugs, now that it's older the hill is even steeper as graphics are dated and not to many play it.

After my last visit I decided to bail permanently as there was just way to much foul mouthed blather and stupidity, my old friends were all but gone and it was just hard to get into, putting myself in a new players shoes.

SB may not be dead and has a loyal following but it's on life support and by todays mmorpg standards is not competitive.

• BlackWhysperBlackWhysper Member Posts: 113
    I played this game for about a month. I tried sooooo hard to get myself into it. Yes this game had a very..."free" feel to it to do whatever but maybe a little to much, it just seemed a little unorganized and messy, plus the lag was bad, it was one huge zone. Good idea for a game but for me i dont think they pulled through all the way IMOP
  • jacobRjacobR Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by slapme7times

you are retarded.
    the game is terrible... look at the control scheme... it's more restrictive than gw, if thats even fuckin possible. you can control the camera worth a shit... it's a terrible game.
    servers are awful with lag, it just... honestly the absolute worst game i have ever played.
    i've never disliked an mmo, let alone a game so much.
    downloaded the free trial, played for 5 miniutes and deleted it.

if you say you only played a game for 5 minutes you honestly have no right to say its terrible because in that time you dont learn shit about it you dont get the feel of it. Personally i am an old Shadowbane player yes it does lag but only in the big battles and i dont know what your talkin about with the camera i always have perfect control with it. Learn to criticize newbie rolfmaocopterpwntirl1v1lol