Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Worlds Disappointment

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
Well......after playing Rift for almost a month, my wifes account was hacked (still not sure how).  The perps charged 2 - $100 to the account, at which point Trion Worlds suspended the account.  We have since then canceled the cards and tried contacting Trion regarding the issues but have failed to get a response for more than three days now.  Believe it or not, they has no way to speak to a real persons.  Needless to say, we are done with Trion.  We just hope someone reads this, and will a little luck, may save them some pain. 

Comments

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by mastersomrat
    Well......after playing Rift for almost a month, my wifes account was hacked (still not sure how).  The perps charged 2 - $100 to the account, at which point Trion Worlds suspended the account.  We have since then canceled the cards and tried contacting Trion regarding the issues but have failed to get a response for more than three days now.  Believe it or not, they has no way to speak to a real persons.  Needless to say, we are done with Trion.  We just hope someone reads this, and will a little luck, may save them some pain. 

Why are you trying to make such a fuss over not being able to call them when they have 24/7 chat support?

Do you think chat support isn't the same as speaking to a real person? I think thats the problem with the internet today. People act like just because they can't see a person face to face or hear a voice that the person "typing" doesnt exist or something.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    Tried Trions Chat systems.  They told me, there was nothing they could do and to contact [email protected].  Did that and it's been three days with no response.
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Why are you trying to make such a fuss over not being able to call them when they have 24/7 chat support?

Do you think chat support isn't the same as speaking to a real person? I think thats the problem with the internet today. People act like just because they can't see a person face to face or hear a voice that the person "typing" doesnt exist or something.

The op is correct, I was a fan of Trion there support  has got bad, I had an issue which took them 3 months to resolve mainly because they would never reply for weeks on , on and have no idea what is going on.. I agree with the OP, the support has went down hill fast..  I bet its over sees some where..Because most of the time, when I ask a question or reply I get an answer that has nothing to do with what I said... 

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Imagine that!. I supported Trion for over 3 years.  Mastersomrat here is my post on the same subject http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6471892#6471892  . I no longer have anything from Trion/Glyph on my computer after the same incident.  I would recommend the same!

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Don't know what in the hell happened to Trion but they are my number one hated game studio now.  I got banned from Archeage for saying I didn't like the new patch or the direction of the game and was taking a break on the forums.  IN A THREAD ABOUT THE SAME THING! 

Then tried to log into my account and it said I was banned for making a good bye post. You banned my account for that?! All the money I spent on costumes and potions and whatever the fuck all gone because I said I didn't like the new patch and was taking a break?

Yeah... GO FUCK YOURSELF TRION.  Made an appeal, haven't heard shit.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I suspect Trion are having some difficulty staying afloat recently, which has lead to all sorts of cost-cutting actions.

Rift was their big success, but that game is way past its peak and revenue there is most likely steadily dropping. Defiance didn't set the world on fire either. Trove pretty much looks set to follow in Defiance's footsteps earnings-wise (if it even makes that much). And "Ends of Nations" was put in cold storage and will most likely never see the light of day.

If you're not pulling the Big Bucks, then you have to start cutting corners somewhere...

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

ArcheAge is only mmorpg i want to play since i try it in RU.

When they annoucement that was Trion the west publisher i ask in some thread here if was good news, alot of replies say that coulnd be better (i wasnt Trion costumer).

Now i confess im start to be worry.

3 months in RU AA and didnt had any problems at all. Server had queues but there was land to pick up, alot of free spots in pvp zones. Servers were stable, no crashs at all, no problems to logg in, no hack shield problems, no random disconnects.

Since Trion launch AA here the list of problems are still huge after almost 2 months of release, and alot of them are Trion fault, i thing Trion is abusing of the words "we cant do anything, we need to wait XLGames"... hmmm.. i start to thing is not tottaly true, but ofc is only my speculation.

Anyway, i will stay around ofc because of the game, lets see how it goes in future. I chose to be a AA player, not a Trion costumer...

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

I suspect Trion are having some difficulty staying afloat recently, which has lead to all sorts of cost-cutting actions.

Rift was their big success, but that game is way past its peak and revenue there is most likely steadily dropping. Defiance didn't set the world on fire either. Trove pretty much looks set to follow in Defiance's footsteps earnings-wise (if it even makes that much). And "Ends of Nations" was put in cold storage and will most likely never see the light of day.

If you're not pulling the Big Bucks, then you have to start cutting corners somewhere...

That's unfortunate because Trion is losing the fans they did have. I just canceled my Rift sub today and removed all my billing info. In the exit survey, I told them it was because of how they've been handling (mishandling) AA, especially the customer service end of it. I've spent hundreds of dollars on Trion products this year alone. That is over for good now. It makes me sad and I won't be here bashing Trion in future. But I'm out.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by bingbongbros

Don't know what in the hell happened to Trion but they are my number one hated game studio now.  I got banned from Archeage for saying I didn't like the new patch or the direction of the game and was taking a break on the forums.  IN A THREAD ABOUT THE SAME THING! 

Then tried to log into my account and it said I was banned for making a good bye post. You banned my account for that?! All the money I spent on costumes and potions and whatever the fuck all gone because I said I didn't like the new patch and was taking a break?

I get the mental image of a boat taking on water from multiple, large leaks, with Trion folks in full damage-control mode, crazily bailing out the water... rather than taking measures to plug the leaks.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DMKano

You forgot the biggest cash cow they have - ArcheAge.

Trion went through a complete restructuring last year - shutting down one studio and as well as change of CEO and entire upper management

This year was their big turn around year due to ArcheAge - the profits from all other games are just the icing on the cake.

If ArcheAge is indeed turning out to be the saviour of Trion, then I suppose we can expect Trion to embrace that kind of "pro-active monetization" in their future game Cash Shops ?

Will Trion soon become the "Perfect World Online" of western developers ?

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

Trion went through a complete restructuring last year - shutting down one studio and as well as change of CEO and entire upper management

This year was their big turn around year due to ArcheAge - the profits from all other games are just the icing on the cake.

If ArcheAge is indeed turning out to be the saviour of Trion, then I suppose we can expect Trion to embrace that kind of "pro-active monetization" in their future game Cash Shops ?

money talks

I don't think that any game studio would give two shits about what label some people come up with if they are swimming in cash.

We can call game studios whatever we want - makes zero difference

The vocal minority in forums always yells screams and smears shit all over game Dev studios - but the next game comes out and they are all back playing again - even after yelling "never again" 

And you wonder why Dev studios ignore these folks?

Look man, you hijacked this post. When it is about a real and serious problem. Vocal minority? Put your money where your mouth is. I have and got burned because of it.  Go back to the game forums if you want to fanboi Trion.  Here is the email I recieved 3 weeks later. Since Trion went to Glyph.

Just for everyones information:

image There was an error in processing your order, Jerry. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:

18,500Credits

Date of order: November 04, 2014, 3:03:07 AM (UTC)

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started:

http://rift.trionworlds.com/account/account-summary.action

If you continue to experience difficulties or have any other questions or concerns, please visit our Support Center: https://support.trionworlds.com

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and hope to see you playing soon!

Sincerely,
    Trion Worlds Account Services

and another:

Date of order: November 01, 2014, 1:54:54 AM (UTC)

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started:

If you continue to experience difficulties or have any other questions or concerns, please visit our Support Center: https://support.trionworlds.com

Sincerely,

This is long after the first attempt to take my money. In fact weeks after they tried.

Vocal minority my ASS!

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Pratt2112

I get the mental image of a boat taking on water from multiple, large leaks, with Trion folks in full damage-control mode, crazily bailing out the water... rather than taking measures to plug the leaks.

The actual truth is the boat is constantly being battered by holes and leaks that the Trion employees could fix if they wanted to, but aren't bothering to put the effort into as they instead spend their time and resources hauling up more yummy tasty fish (and whales) from the waters.  They have their life boats prepped and ready to go once the boat finally sinks, anyways.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

The actual truth is the boat is constantly being battered by holes and leaks that the Trion employees could fix if they wanted to, but aren't bothering to put the effort into as they instead spend their time and resources hauling up more yummy tasty fish (and whales) from the waters.  They have their life boats prepped and ready to go once the boat finally sinks, anyways.

Wow, this is a revelation. Can you link us to the "truth" that says that Trion employees could fix things if they wanted? In reality they don't own the source code, that I'm aware of. The "truth" is that Trion probably regrets ever investing in licensing AA because it's such a terrible mess. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

I'd guess it's a mix of several things. I've been a Trion fan for several years, and have poured a lot of cash into their titles. Lately though - largely around how customer service in AA has been handled - I seem to have developed a healthy dose of skepticism and an unwillingness to open my wallet without really thinking it through.

It bothers me in principle that a company would make live chat available only to subscribers and then remove their telephone number from contact information on their website.

It's bad enough that subscribers have had to wait in 8+ hour queues to talk to a person via live chat. But this forces the F2P folks to submit a ticket and wait endlessly for communication that cannot come fast enough. Or make inflammatory posts on the forums that might get a CM's attention. Especially in AA, where you need to pay your taxes every week or risk losing property, to wait three weeks or more for a reply (or worse, a blow off) is just really unkind.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

Wow, this is a revelation. Can you link us to the "truth" that says that Trion employees could fix things if they wanted? In reality they don't own the source code, that I'm aware of. The "truth" is that Trion probably regrets ever investing in licensing AA because it's such a terrible mess. 

Fine.  Add in "possibly" right after the word "boat"

If you've actually looked at R2game's presentation on how business companies run F2Ps, you'd hopefully notice that a short game life expectancy is... well, expected.

And Trion sold a truckton of founders packs.  They sold so many founders packs that their planned amount of servers couldn't handle the amount of founder packs they've sold!  That right there is a decent implication that they've sold a lot more founders packs than they anticipated or, alternatively, that they just didn't care that they needed more servers.  Or both.

Maybe they do regret investing anyways but I find it hard to imagine that they didn't make a hefty profit off of founders packs alone, and that's before the reports of various people saying they spent thousands on the cash shop.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

Forum bans = temp ban, so going all apeshit over it is not going to help - can you link the original post?

there must have been something in there other than "I don't like the direcion of the new patch" - I'm guessing it was a bit more inflamatory than that to be ban-worthy.

Read the AA forums - the shit that Trion tolerates on the forums is on another level heh - 90% of the posts there would be bannable in most other forums.

It isn't temp. When I try to log in it says NEVER for when the ban is going to end. So I'm pretty sure that isn't a temp ban.  I can't find the post anymore so I'm assuming they just deleted the entire thing, and I'm sure I probably wasn't the only one in the thread that got banned.

I said "It's really bullshit that Auroria land gets taken all at once by the same hacking assholes that own a majority of the mainland and nothing is done about it.  It's even more fucking bullshit that I now will never ever have land because of it and also because I couldn't get the game to work for 2 weeks after launch and missed out on all the fucking land!  Since there is no damn land I can't really stay to do anything else since I've accomplished my short term goals already.  Maybe I'll come back in a  month or so to see if anything has changed."

Then boom, banned.  And that is really stupid for them to even do that for just writing a post that isn't even that bad.  They would ban my entire account for it. 

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383

Seriously?

I don't know what the deal is between Trion and XL Games, but I would doubt that Trion is getting the majority of the AA money.

And its a temporary boost.  ArcheAge has brought in some nice money with the founders packs and launch, but the model combined with the fact it is a niche game will keep the game's long term player base small.

Rift is Trion's biggest money maker.  Its population seems steady, and they don't have to share the cash shop sales with anyone.  The player base is nowhere near the size of swtor or ffxiv, but I would wager its big enough to be profitable.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Really hoping you called your bank and reported this as fraudulent charges. You'll get your money refunded. 

• jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Originally posted by xpowderx

money talks

I don't think that any game studio would give two shits about what label some people come up with if they are swimming in cash.

We can call game studios whatever we want - makes zero difference

The vocal minority in forums always yells screams and smears shit all over game Dev studios - but the next game comes out and they are all back playing again - even after yelling "never again" 

And you wonder why Dev studios ignore these folks?

Look man, you hijacked this post. When it is about a real and serious problem. Vocal minority? Put your money where your mouth is. I have and got burned because of it.  Go back to the game forums if you want to fanboi Trion.  Here is the email I recieved 3 weeks later. Since Trion went to Glyph.

Just for everyones information:

image There was an error in processing your order, Jerry. You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:

18,500Credits

Date of order: November 04, 2014, 3:03:07 AM (UTC)

Sincerely,

and another:

Date of order: November 01, 2014, 1:54:54 AM (UTC)

Sincerely,

This is long after the first attempt to take my money. In fact weeks after they tried.

Vocal minority my ASS!

Hey sorry you are having problems - I can only speak for myself - zero problems. Also so my guildies no issues. I don't believe that your case is an indication of majority - hence why I said minority.

Lol i love, it's not happening to me or 'my guild' so must not really be a big issue comebacks. Yea because you and 'your guild' and 'your friends' and 'blah blah blah' do represent the majority. Little fyi even if say 5% of the customer base was being hacked and charged fraud charges, this may not be a 'majority' problem but still does not mean its not a HUGE issue. To many people are caught up in the 'well it didnt happen to me so its ok' mentality until it happens to them.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Dispute  it with your credit card company. Especially if you used American Express. You'll get your money back. Especially if you used American Express (they pretty much ALWAYS give the customer whatever they want if they dispute a charge. I know this from experience). 

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500

Since Trion restructure and closing of the other studio they have become a crap company.  Before you say anything I own most of their games.  I play AA and they have screw that up over and over.  I played rift in the past and they were a great company, but when they started trying to play the buy this in the store crap the game started to suffer and I left.  Trion is destroying their own games.  The lack of support is mind boggling to say the least.  Wait till you have an issue and it is never fixed or you don't get a reply for an average of a month or so.  AA has lost a lot of its patron players do to mishandling of the latest patch due to people never even being able to get in game.  "The Gods have disconnected you."  So all hopes of getting plots if you didn't already have or were able to log in were in vain.  I got in and watched plots disappear as soon as the went live.  I mean hackers took about half I would say in the area I was in.  They can't blame XL Games anymore the problem is they do not care about the customers anymore.  Hopefully there studio closes and someone else picks up the titles because at this point they are the worst company I personally know, think about that worst than EA! 

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

It has already happened with Rift. The monetization model has changed for Rift. Earlier in the year the soul packs were supposed to be the "cost" of the xpac with some optional stuff available for purchase. They have locked gear slots, gear, and mounts behind the xpac. They hide behind gray areas and half-truths - technically the xpac is free in that you can wander the land mass and kill mobs, but you can't equip certain gear unless you shell out for the xpac. You can't get the hybrid mount unless you buy the $150 tier of the xpac. You can't use certain gear slots. Not only that but the new souls aren't even included in the xpac bundles. They dodge all that with the "option" where you can grind plat in game to buy REX to purchase the unlocks.

At least PWE is upfront about their costs. They may charge a lot, but you know what you're getting and they don't lock gear, content, or skills behind paywalls all the while claiming it's free.

And you forget that you can unlock the gear slot and the few type of gear,, if someone played for free they can unlock it with in game tokens, but if people want it right now they need to pay up, is not a big problem here to some it is but good part there are spending the money in to the game then some other mmo I been on.

But never trust any company what they say, as I been in so many mmo from wow, rift, asheron call, allods, and many more change the way of how a company does things they change what people don't like.

• DalanonDalanon Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Free to play. Working as intended.

Not all who wander are lost...

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

The same thing happened to me about 2 months ago. Except I was lucky. It was a 3 year old card they tried to run. They tried to purchase 2 or 3 of the 150$ Arche Age packs. I couldn't believe they still had 3 year old credit card numbers in their system.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    Hey sorry you are having problems - I can only speak for myself - zero problems. Also so my guildies no issues. I don't believe that your case is an indication of majority - hence why I said minority.

I'm gonna preface by saying that I have played AA since headstart and continue to play. But no, issues with billing and support are far from a minority/isolated issue. I have had several issues personally as well as every paying friend I play with. Majority of players having problems? Can't say so. But definitely worryingly common.