Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete

delete

Comments

• ShewJiaHaoShewJiaHao Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Niamitch
    delete

Moderators, please move this thread to the SPAM forum.  As implied by it's name, the Site Suggestions forum is for helpful suggestions to improve the MMORPG.com website.  The description under the Site Suggestions forum states "Our mission is to make MMORPG.COM a site designed to meet the needs of the online gaming community. Let us know what you are looking for!".  So, the Site Suggestions forum is not for spam like this.  As implied by it's name, the SPAM forum is for spam.  The description under the SPAM forum states "Use this forum to post all the SPAM crap you need to :) Test your avatar, or whatever.".

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Have a think about this.

If a moderator happens to see what you've written, then they can already see what you're complaining about. In future, you should use the 'report' button if you wish to draw attention to a post or thread.

What you're doing by making these complaints visible to all, could be considered trolling, retaliation, topic hijacking, or retaliation, and opens yourself up to a warning or other moderation actions.

Just a heads-up ;)

• ShewJiaHaoShewJiaHao Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Darwa

Have a think about this.

If a moderator happens to see what you've written, then they can already see what you're complaining about. In future, you should use the 'report' button if you wish to draw attention to a post or thread.

What you're doing by making these complaints visible to all, could be considered trolling, retaliation, topic hijacking, or retaliation, and opens yourself up to a warning or other moderation actions.

Just a heads-up ;)

Sorry, as a new member to mmorpg.com's forums, I'm not really that familiar with the "do's and don't's" of  mmorpg.com's forums.  I thought the report function was only to report on thread or posts that are offensive in nature.  I don't know which category should I've reported this thread on.  Other? Maybe? Do forgive me if I seemed to be trolling, retaliating, or topic hijacking and/or whatnot.  I was only trying to provide advice to better mmorpg.com's forums.  I did so with another user's thread and a forum moderator, Vaross, was kind and friendly enough to appreciate my help on the issue of wrong categorisation and moved that user's thread to the appropriate forum.  Sorry, I couldn't show you the screenshot for your quick reference, so, I'll just provide you the link to the said thread to show you evidence.  Here's the link: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/422699 I know you mean me well and not all moderators are not going to be like Vaross, but, taking Vaross' actions towards me into account and my humble tone used in advising others, I think the chances that my actions could incur the offences of trolling, topic hijacking, or retaliation, and opening yourself up to a warning or other moderation actions is unlikely.  But of course, thank you for your advice, Darwa.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Yes, Darwa is correct, you don't need to create a public thread, just use the "report" category, I do it frequently for off topic threads.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This discussion has been closed.