Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations EVE

ZigZagsIIIZigZagsIII Member Posts: 18
11 years and counting and you're still one of the top ranked MMOs out there. Hopefully others can learn from this. We as a community deserve quality like this!

Comments

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    EvE has a loyal following, I couldn't get into it.  Not that I thought EvE was bad or anything, just was into other games and didn't want to invest the time in this one.  They must be doing something right tho, still looks to be very popular.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

CCP  are lucky, there is not game on market what can replace EVE , and no game  on horizon  ,yet

For me,EVE is best and unique MMORPG with great community ! I am stopped play few times but every time I am back

Sometimes, I am bored with EVE,but still playing and have fun,sometimes few months log in only for set skill training.

EVE is one universe based on players interactions ! It is not about space ships

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

>>> ... no game on horizon ... >>>

--> Elite Dangerous 2014/2015

--> Star Citizen          2015/2016

in addition to all the spaceship aspects both games will have avatars able to walk around in space stations (or doing EVA's in space). EVE Online will probably still have more player policy and player dominated economy. 

All three games will have Oculus Rift support and twitch ("Joystick") flying  (EVE --> EVE Valkyrie). 

When EVE links DUST and DUST becomes available on PCs, you could compare it with the coming FPS modules of SC and E:D

Have fun

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    Originally posted by Erillion

in addition to all the spaceship aspects both games will have avatars able to walk around in space stations (or doing EVA's in space). EVE Online will probably still have more player policy and player dominated economy. 

All three games will have Oculus Rift support and twitch ("Joystick") flying  (EVE --> EVE Valkyrie). 

When EVE links DUST and DUST becomes available on PCs, you could compare it with the coming FPS modules of SC and E:D

Have fun

both games you mentioned are not mmorpg.. they are both mmofps..

Eve is an open world mmorpg.. which currently still holds the record for being the best sandbox on the market.

i see the repopulation as a competitor for eve..

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

>>> ... no game on horizon ... >>>--> Elite Dangerous 2014/2015--> Star Citizen          2015/2016in addition to all the spaceship aspects both games will have avatars able to walk around in space stations (or doing EVA's in space). EVE Online will probably still have more player policy and player dominated economy. All three games will have Oculus Rift support and twitch ("Joystick") flying  (EVE --> EVE Valkyrie). When EVE links DUST and DUST becomes available on PCs, you could compare it with the coming FPS modules of SC and E:D Have fun 

Both could replace EvE combat but not the whole player driven experience, in fact no other MMO could match it since SWG.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

I agree that both games are not MMO according to definition (and they say so on their websites).

However, I DO expect a significant portion of the EVE population to - at least temporarily - leave EVE to check out E:D and SC.

Yes, besides SWG (pre-NGE) our EVE Online was the only true sci-fi sandbox for almost a decade. I guess both E:D and SC will have a strong sand-box character, once all planned modules have been implemented.

Have fun

• seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419
    Originally posted by Copperfield

Have fun

Eve is an open world mmorpg.. which currently still holds the record for being the best sandbox on the market.

Wait i think you got it wrong here buddy at least for 1 game. And it is SC.

None said SC was mmofps. Taken from here : http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

This part here says : 

Is Star Citizen an MMO?
    No! Star Citizen will take the best of all possible worlds, ranging from a permanent, persistent world similar to those found in MMOs to an offline, single player campaign like those found in the Wing Commander series. The game will include the option for private servers, like Freelancer, and will offer plenty of opportunities for players who are interested in modding the content. Unlike many games, none of these aspects is an afterthought: they all combine to form the core of the Star Citizen experience.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Have fun

you can only compare EVE Valkyrie with SC & ED,EVE Online is different game it is not about space ships it is sandbox MMORPG about players interactions.No game on horizon what can replace EVE ,not yet

Dust 514,Incarna and 3d avatars,Valkirye,Project Legions are huge mistakes by CCP and waste of eve earning money.This is where CCP loose money.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Have fun

Eve is still the best of all of them, just by looking at what the game has to offer this should be crystal clear to everyone.

ED is simplistic fetch quest game which can´t remotely compare to what EVE has to offer and Star Citizen is in development for another year.

You could as well mention LIMIT THEORY, X3, X REBIRTH, STAR POINT GEMINI 2, SPACE ENGINEERS; KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM, all of them are more worthy alternatives.

Every single one is better and has deeper gameplay than a reskinned fetchquest game which emulates 1984 with better textures.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Haha, someone would think that Braben hit on DocBrody's girlfriend or some crap... talk about sour grapes.

Congrats to EVE, an awesome unique game.

• EleazarosEleazaros Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Copperfield

Have fun

I don't know where you get the idea that Star Citizens is not an RPG - it has lore depth much deeper than EVE.   Star Citizens even has a large and growing body of ships dedicated to exploration and will be a massive world.

FPS is an interface method and even there, you have 3rd person view capabilities for the game.

Study up a bit.