Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Mystery Image Teases.....What?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Red 5 has released a Firefall teaser image that simply says, "14...Initializing Operation..." What it means remains a mystery, though many are speculating a big update announcement soon. What do you think?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragonDiosDragonDios Member UncommonPosts: 1
    It's Operation Miru
  • TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Yep, FireFall's first level 40 5 man instance. I have not played it but keep hearing from the PTS testers that it is amazing. Op Miru is part of the FireFall 1.2 patch. It and a host of other features will be introduced with the patch. Looking forward to it!
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    I really really liked this game during beta but they seemed to have turned down the fun meter for release concerning the random events and city invasions along with the seemingly desolation of tornadoes  to combat... I couldn't get into it when I recetly replayed it since there was no one on and the pick up groups were non existent... very sad :(
  • EkoazarakEkoazarak Member Posts: 10
    I just started Firefall and its fucking shockingly addictive. I'm much more of a fantasy gamer, but Firefall has got me captured. I found a great Army and there are many many things to do. Pretty polished, no bugs that i've encountered yet.  Combat is pretty damn fun and the different guns and battleframes have their own flavor and playstyle. I LOVE the open world feel of the game. Players are everywhere cooperating. I love that atmosphere but you can also find a solo leveling path if you want.   I decided to go VIP (subscribe) once i get to lvl 30. Im 20 now. 

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC
    I really really liked this game during beta but they seemed to have turned down the fun meter for release concerning the random events and city invasions along with the seemingly desolation of tornadoes  to combat... I couldn't get into it when I recetly replayed it since there was no one on and the pick up groups were non existent... very sad :(

Right? I just went back the other day and it's the first thing I noticed, it's more based around the story missions/job board and ARES missions now. Tornados gave so much EXP though, if you got at the start of them, missions give like 20-30k each time you finish, tornados were I believe 50k EXP if you got there at the start.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

Right? I just went back the other day and it's the first thing I noticed, it's more based around the story missions/job board and ARES missions now. Tornados gave so much EXP though, if you got at the start of them, missions give like 20-30k each time you finish, tornados were I believe 50k EXP if you got there at the start.

Yeah, Red5 didn't have a lfg system for  half the ...two year beta?...then eventually added one... but it was useless.

It's still useless but there is the boinglfg addon that does what the ingame lfg should of done from the start...

Ok so now to my point.... the game needs to be about teamwork.. .not soloing.....seriously.....when will players and devs realize that when you have classes that are support based you have to be sure you have the tools and content to support those support classes...

An epic lfg system alone wouldn't be enough....you need to promote team work. Give people a reason to want to play the game with other people...

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
    Warframe:Skuly1775

Well to be fair they have been adding 5 player raids or whatever, haven't done or looked them into them, I just miss the world event spam that used to be there lol, and city invasions.
  • holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I am so excited, I think I got pee going down my leg..............................................
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Been playing this a lot lately with a 100 plus hours. Mmo shooters done right are a hard sell but Red5 have done a really good job with this game.

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Well to be fair they have been adding 5 player raids or whatever, haven't done or looked them into them, I just miss the world event spam that used to be there lol, and city invasions.

I think that the answer is somewhere in the middle. I played a LOT during beta, but less since release and I would agree, the city invasions and world events were pretty epic at times. I remember once I logged in and the city I was in when I logged out was taken over by Chosen, so I was just.... dead!?!? I was like WTF! But that was pretty badass. 

However, during that time of open world gameplay, there was a huge lack of story, direction, etc. It was basically a game about farming materials and picking up random events along the way. It was just, kinda.... empty. 

Mash those together and I think they've got peas and carrots.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

heres a game that managed to pick itself up very gracefully from the down n outs. and has become a very good game with nice population and great community.

take note carbine & reddit community...

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Agree to disagree because none of the above is true. There is still a huge focus on open world content. That has GREATLY improved since beta. There are more encounter  and event types than ever before and it grows with every patch. 

FireFall beta consisted on ONE map that hosted six or seven ARES missions, watch tower defense, and melding tornado's. It was an incomplete game mired in overly complex game system. There is more variety in FireFall than ever before. Game population is good and growing with every improvement! Oh and there are still LOTS of melding tornado's, just not as many because there is so much more to do. Also go check out the 1.2 sneak peak blog post on the FireFall site, it paints a very bright future for FireFall. 

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Might download this again tonight and check it out. It could be a nice filler between Blizzcon, Halo : The Master Chief Collection, and WoD release. This is a great upcoming week.
  • DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

Agree to disagree because none of the above is true. There is still a huge focus on open world content. That has GREATLY improved since beta. There are more encounter  and event types than ever before and it grows with every patch. 

FireFall beta consisted on ONE map that hosted six or seven ARES missions, watch tower defense, and melding tornado's. It was an incomplete game mired in overly complex game system. There is more variety in FireFall than ever before. Game population is good and growing with every improvement! Oh and there are still LOTS of melding tornado's, just not as many because there is so much more to do. Also go check out the 1.2 sneak peak blog post on the FireFall site, it paints a very bright future for FireFall. 

I used to be able to run to tornado to tornado almost instantly once one was down, I've played maybe 3 hours and I haven't found a single tornado. I haven't seen a single city invasion, no Chosen invasions taking over watchtowers, nothing.

I can agree that the spam of events in beta got out of hand, but you can't say there are more (talking about the frequency of events, not how many different events there are) since launch when compared to beta. The only thing I've seen after running around the areas I can get to are the Halloween events.

• nirvanetnirvanet Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I used to be able to run to tornado to tornado almost instantly once one was down, I've played maybe 3 hours and I haven't found a single tornado. I haven't seen a single city invasion, no Chosen invasions taking over watchtowers, nothing.

I can agree that the spam of events in beta got out of hand, but you can't say there are more (talking about the frequency of events, not how many different events there are) since launch when compared to beta. The only thing I've seen after running around the areas I can get to are the Halloween events.

Event frequency depends of the number of players connected as what I see since the first tests phases. Did you get connected when servers were empty ? :)