Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen ?

13»

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Originally posted by DocBrody
     they posted the link to this poll on Elites official forum, that explains a lot

Just done a search for "vote poll mmorpg" for 7 days and newer, nothing comes up.

Do you have a link for your claim?

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Originally posted by zimboy69

when full release comes  just imagine how many noobs are going to crash trying to dock   

Gimme back my ole trusty, hard earned docking computer !!

Playing "The Blue Danube" while i watch the spinning space station as my Cobra slowly inches forward ...

E:D version -->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvum2N5pdAU

(for the purists) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-VJeVPeawk

and here for the "2001" fans, which was the archetype --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOOZux5sPE

ahhh, relaxing ! 

(... until someone coming OUT of spacedock rams me ;-)

Have fun

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Erillion
    Originally posted by zimboy69

when full release comes  just imagine how many noobs are going to crash trying to dock   

Gimme back my ole trusty, hard earned docking computer !!

Playing "The Blue Danube" while i watch the spinning space station as my Cobra slowly inches forward ...

E:D version -->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvum2N5pdAU

(for the purists) ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-VJeVPeawk

and here for the "2001" fans, which was the archetype --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOOZux5sPE

ahhh, relaxing ! 

(... until someone coming OUT of spacedock rams me ;-)

Have fun

Too bad it's optional equipment you buy later on since those who need it most don't have access to it. I know what I'm doing now so I'm not complaining but it would have been nice the first few times I crashed into shit going in :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy
     they posted the link to this poll on Elites official forum, that explains a lot

Just done a search for "vote poll mmorpg" for 7 days and newer, nothing comes up.

Do you have a link for your claim?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53764

Look harder ;-)

Have fun

Originally posted by Iselin

Too bad it's optional equipment you buy later on since those who need it most don't have access to it. I know what I'm doing now so I'm not complaining but it would have been nice the first few times I crashed into shit going in :)

Nah .... like in the old Elite ...

you learn to appreciate the Docking Computer only after a few near (and not so near) crashes .... ;-)

Have fun

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53764

Look harder ;-)

Have fun

That poll is for something entirely different.

Read better ;-)

Have fun

REDACTED

Have fun
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Elite Dangerous for me as it seems more of a game where as Star Citizen seems more like a space flight simulator. And I dont like the fact that they are selling so many ships using RMT. Gives me a bad vibe.
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Iselin

Nah .... like in the old Elite ...

you learn to appreciate the Docking Computer only after a few near (and not so near) crashes .... ;-)

Have fun

Real men dont use a docking computer and  fly through the letter box at a 100+

but  they probably  shouldn't do what i just did which was forget to get docking permission as turning around and getting out   you have to be pretty sharpish

• DrazoDrazo Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Elite Dangerous for me as it seems more of a game where as Star Citizen seems more like a space flight simulator. And I dont like the fact that they are selling so many ships using RMT. Gives me a bad vibe.

I'm not sure what gave you that idea.

But unfortunately SC is nothing like any sort of flight sim.   Mouse control is superior to joystick/hotas in SC and works more like freelancer. 

Go ahead, tell us what this poll was about ....

;-)

Have fun

What do you need to know?

The poll for this thread is about which game will you play. That Brody geezer implied that traffic was being directed from the Elite forums to influence the poll, yet there's nothing in the search results, he's declined to back up his claims and you have linked something totally unrelated (as though it is related).

Have fun

After re-reading all the posts I stand corrected ... the poll by the OP was meant and not the other poll from the E:D forums.

Have fun

• AngryCujoAngryCujo Member Posts: 22
    both.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy
    Originally posted by Daikuru
    I know Elite will be released before SC, but if Elite is that much better (and i think they will improve it and maybe get it an AddOn before SC wil be released) why should i switch to SC?

Why switch indeed? :-)

SC is taking the familiarity of popular mainstream material (Mass Effect, Crysis et al) and producing a game out of that while Elite is it's own thing due to its adherence to the previous Elite games and the devs love of open world gaming.

Only real similarity is they're both majoritively set in space.

Taking  a break from the daily Star Citizen bashing ?

Now that explains a lot, originally I had my bet on publisher affiliation.

Ah. Elite.. a Randomly generated game, only 4 stations, a game that hasn´t shown FPS, no avatars, no planet landings, no story, no voiceovers, no motion capturing, no hangars, no racing, no PvP arenas. I see this can CLEARLY be compared to Star Citizen and put into a poll. Totally. Well organized. I applaud you for the effort.

At least 2 people will buy the game now for the triple A full price of only 75$.

I wonder how are people enjoying the text window fetch and kill quests? Is that the pinnacle of modern game design, since you have been complaining about SC being "last gen". Kill x and deliver y is clearly totally next-gen.

Ah yes, and Star Citizen has all of those things... on paper, anyway. But as we all know, having stuff on paper is just as good as actually having it in an enjoyable, playable format, right?

But hey, you too can have all these nifty 'on paper' ideas for the low, low price of $50. Order now, and they'll throw in a badly coded model viewer and 'arena' module for free! Of course, the full game was supposed to be out by now, but when you've got almost 300 employees and over 60 million raised from selling ships which can be used in a game which doesn't exist yet, you can't expect things to be developed in a timely fashion! I mean, it's not as if there's a space sim out there is rapidly approaching release despite having a mere fraction of the budget in manpower and cash, and is fully playable to boot!

Oh, in the meantime, buy another $200 model for your virtual ship viewer thingy. Heck, buy two! It's the closest thing you'll get to an actual game for at least two years, not counting the barely functional virtual asteroid field which was also delayed by almost a year.

I believe one gentleman said it best in a previous thread: Star Citizen is a brand new type of software, leechware. The developer spends more time marketing and creating content to sell for use in the game when it's released than they do actually creating the game itself.

I've no doubt Star Citizen will release eventually, but will suffer the same fate as Duke Nukem Forever; constant delays due to feature creep will render the game obsolete before it's even released.

I'll take Elite: Dangerous. Yes, it might be missing the exciting 'interactive loading' sequences of Star Citizen, but I guess wanting to land a ship myself means I'm a glutton for punishment.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

>>>... The developer spends more time marketing and creating content to sell for use in the game when it's released than they do actually creating the game itself. ...  <<<

Read the SC "Jumppoint" magazine or for instance any article on the SC website describing how something is build (e.g. the Gladius) and you would know that CR is deeply involved in practically every aspect of SC ... on TOP of all the marketing work he is doing. 

Have fun

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Not bothered to vote for any as I backed both of them oh and Limit Theory just adds the frosting to a very tastey space cake !! image

p>