Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyforge: There Are Followers and Then There Are Adepts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Skyforge team has laid out the details for 'adepts', a special type of follower that can be quite helpful to the budding deities in the game. Adepts come in several types including Engineer, Templar, Sorcerer, Mystic, Preacher, Healer, Envoy and Agent. Adepts can be sent out on special missions to carry out the orders of the player.

Certain Adepts are better suited for specific missions. For example, any adept can curb an epidemic outbreak, but an adept with a profession as a healer has a higher chance of succeeding. Adepts can increase in level by successfully completing missions and can earn players valuable rewards, including gifts and more followers.

The eight professions of an Adept include:

• Engineer – a technical genius

• Templar – a guardian for the order

• Sorcerer – a preserver of old rituals, ancient runes and traditions

• Mystic – a master in all things “magic”

• Preacher– an evangelist for your order

• Healer – a capable physician

• Envoy – a diplomatic representative

• Agent – a paranormal investigator

Read more on the Skyforge site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CorlurkCorlurk Member UncommonPosts: 6
    plz start the testing.
  • GrendGrend Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Sounds pretty neat, now I really want to try it out to see how all this works out.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I just wanna test the game. :P
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Most games and features look great on paper but its all about the gameplay. 
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    this game looks promising so far and i can't wait to play it but i don't expect much from it for now.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I hope is just a decent game and really fun thats all i want (is that too much??)

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by Black-Magic
    I hope is just a decent game and really fun thats all i want (is that too much??)

how dare you

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281

Eh, the game is starting to look like a fairly typical asian grinder. Level up the adept to max, then reset it back to 1 to increase its "rank", rinse and repeat.

Instanced areas, grindy mechanics, and that awful "GOD mode" that makes carrying people the order of the day...this game might have started out like a cool thing but it is rapidly degenerating.

Soon they'll probably announce that their massive open-class structure will actually only have 5 classes at launch, with 1 of those available only to buyers of their $100+ "founder pack". I hope I'm wrong, but things aren't looking good...

Originally posted by gunmanvlad

Eh, the game is starting to look like a fairly typical asian grinder. Level up the adept to max, then reset it back to 1 to increase its "rank", rinse and repeat.

Instanced areas, grindy mechanics, and that awful "GOD mode" that makes carrying people the order of the day...this game might have started out like a cool thing but it is rapidly degenerating.

Soon they'll probably announce that their massive open-class structure will actually only have 5 classes at launch, with 1 of those available only to buyers of their $100+ "founder pack". I hope I'm wrong, but things aren't looking good...

Asian grinder? A game made by a russian company with the assitance of an american company using a leveling system made popular by CoD, an american FPS. Damn, that just scream Asian to me. 

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Sector13

Asian grinder? A game made by a russian company with the assitance of an american company using a leveling system made popular by CoD, an american FPS. Damn, that just scream Asian to me. 

The term "Asian grinder" refers to a particular segment of the MMO industry where the game almost requires you to spend inordinate amounts of time repeating the same actions over and over again.  A game does not have to be from an Asian company to be such.

This game has that moniker all over it.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Allods Team = avoid like plague.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    What killed it for me is that it's basically an instanced, lobby-based MMO from the looks of it.

Smile

• cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

I can't wait for this game.  Combat looks great.  I just hope that everything else meshes nicely, and that the MMO aspect of it, monetization aspect of it, and letting us play the way we want to play all comes together seamlessly.

After GW2, I said it was my last MMO.  But I keep trying games like Archeage(I do like this, not sure I want to invest my time into it though), ESO, etc.

Giving Skyforge a look and EQN whenever it is dropped.  After that..I swear its my last MMO!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    What killed it for me is that it's basically an instanced, lobby-based MMO from the looks of it.

Yeah, the combat and premise seems great, but I'm concerned about this as well. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

The term "Asian grinder" refers to a particular segment of the MMO industry where the game almost requires you to spend inordinate amounts of time repeating the same actions over and over again.  A game does not have to be from an Asian company to be such.

So, WoW is an asian grinder now? Sounds more like some people are just being racist. 

Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Yeah, the combat and premise seems great, but I'm concerned about this as well. 

I think people are too overly concerned with open world. I, personally, would rather have good gameplay and mechanics over vast environments of nothing to space the quest hubs inbetween. 

• ArcaneEyesArcaneEyes Member UncommonPosts: 22

i'm leaning a lot more towards lobby-based games myself, i don't have 20 minutes of time to throw away traveling trough the world, i want action, with my friends, now.

MMOs have become something i play when i can't go on voice-comm or don't have a lot of time for whatever reason, a quick 10-20 minute login session of some level grind, trying to get to the "fun" part of the pvp that's at the end of the filler-stuff people call leveling.

don't get me wrong, i can get totally engrossed in single player adventure games, i've clocked over 150 hours in the one run i made trough the three Mass Effect games, but MMOs do not have the production value of Mass Effect or its likes whereas Mass Effect do not have the grand 200-man sieges of TESO and neither have the intense action of LoL. i just wish MMOs could get down to doing what they're really good at - tell a good fleshed-out story, cut all the "get me 10 boar liver"-bullshit and let me get to the "end-game". LoL have pretty much proven that you don't need to have constant grind /progression to have player retention, you just gotta do something and do it really fucking well.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

There are also open-world missions that will take hours to complete and will be able to host a number of players.

So it's not a seamless world environment but there is open-world content. With the way the game is set up, it allows for more open-world missions to be introduced further down the line.

I've got my reservations about the Order system. Yes, it can be monetized, just like any other feature in a F2P game. I'm more concerned about how well it will be integrated into their Portal feature that allows you to interact with your followers/adepts from any other device. If it's clunky, it'll detract from the overall experience.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

So, WoW is an asian grinder now? Sounds more like some people are just being racist. 

Using the term racist is just a cop out for not having a different position that you can support.  I would not construe Wow as a grinder,  that indicates you really have not played a "grinder" type game ever.