Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trove: Open Beta to Kick Off on November 5th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds has sent word that the Trove open beta will officially begin on Tuesday, November 5th. Players can look forward to starting the game as Knight, Gunslinger, Fae Trickster, or a Neon Ninja, Dracolyte. The team also added that the Candy Barbarian will be coming to Trove soon.

Prepare to craft mighty new items and a towering Cornerstone to call home, or pick up where you left off in Closed Beta – no wipes are planned!

Stay tuned for a roundup of features coming this month and next and get ready to rock the block – for FREE – this Nov. 5!

Source: Trove site

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    It pretty much is open beta right now. There were tons of instances where people who were in it could give friends access, and tons of giveaways, and emails to almost every Trion user who had another game by them giving out keys even if they didn't pay to be a founder. I have a few friends I played Rift with get keys who had absolutely no interest in this game whatsoever. I hope it brings a few people to try it who might not have though, it's pretty fun.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

Love the game, as a second MMO to play. It's FUN

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Fun game.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    It is fun...recommend it to everyone.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    It pretty much is open beta right now. There were tons of instances where people who were in it could give friends access, and tons of giveaways, and emails to almost every Trion user who had another game by them giving out keys even if they didn't pay to be a founder. I have a few friends I played Rift with get keys who had absolutely no interest in this game whatsoever. I hope it brings a few people to try it who might not have though, it's pretty fun.

Interesting. Where is my key then? I never received anything in my inbox about it. No... like every other closed beta, keys are impossible to get a hold of, and if the new Evolve and Curse's handling is anything to go by.... then yeah...... I'd like to check it out for the hell of it though, but I may as well just wait until Open Beta.

This was suppose to be a F2P, non?

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by LXFC545

This was suppose to be a F2P, non?

It is F2P. Open beta is basically re-branded launch so that they can launch the game multiple times using different terms and get more news coverage.

• waxmaskwaxmask Member UncommonPosts: 55

I like the way the game feels at the moment. Ya alot needs improvement but as a MMO Minecraft it's super. With more depth and randomness to it, but with recognizable areas in the different biotopes. 

I love the way they let other people make and name items, and then pick some and put them ingame with credits to it's maker. Dungeons are a cool feature and most playermade, selected and then randomly put into the biotopes they belong to. A big fat cross will tell you it has been cleared or if there are waves, bosses or nice loot to be had inside. Al the while you traveling and gather special ores, items, kill mobs then spawn your house, do stuff. Make or join up to 5 Clubs and have a whole area to build a huge something for yourself or with friends.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

looking forward to this one

I self identify as a monkey.