Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: Free to WAAAGH with the Ork Boyz and More

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Lots of news on the Eternal Crusade front today, Behaviour has officially announced two partnerships, one with Razer and one with Alienware, as well as announcing a new spin on the Free to Play experience, with the new Pioneer Pack. Finally, two contests are running, to give the community members a chance at some pretty excellent prizes. I spoke with Miguel Caron, Studio Head, Online Games at Behaviour to get some more details on these announcements.

Read more of Terry O'Brien's Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade: Partnerships, Pioneer Packs & Contests.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DevvholicDevvholic Member Posts: 71
    If anyone wants to refer someone for the referral pm me :D
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Devvholic
    If anyone wants to refer someone for the referral pm me :D

Same here! WAAAAAAAAGH!!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• urbanmechurbanmech Member UncommonPosts: 200

Getting a little too "founder's pack" overdose. Make a good game, I'll buy it, love 40K.

But you're kinda overdoing it here, you're not Star Citizen.

• ZeT_kcZeT_kc Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Need a referral code please, thank you.
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

The choice to let free-to-play people be a part of the grubby minions of the Ork  Waaagh was just brilliant.  Fits practically, culturally, aesthetically, and spiritually.  Great way to get players' feet wet in the game.

While not previously a huge fan of the whole W40K universe, this is the sort of thing that will get me to try it out.  And who knows after that.

Not a fan of pre-release cash shops either, but when you have a large, rabid fanbase, it makes a certain economic sense.  At least to the bean counters.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Ugh, I always cringe at the founders pack phenomena these days.  This game just really knows how to ping pong my feelings from "Ugh, business!" (though it doesn't reach "Ugh, greedy!" yet at least) and "They're true W40k fans!"  (case in point, besides the founders pack which are "Ugh, business!" while the idea of changing your voice to sound like an Ork, etc is "They're true W40k fans!")
  • ArcaneEyesArcaneEyes Member UncommonPosts: 22

Been burned by a lot of founders, early access, preorders and day1-buys lately.

i've yet to see footage of anything i'd actually like to be playing in, don't count on me cashing in 30 EUR to reserve a seat ½+ a year from now.

Lets see how the game goes first, this one in particular i find lots of PlanetSide2 vibe in, in regards to cash-shop, except this game seems to have an even crazier price level.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I really don't get why people are so bothered by founders packs. You don't have to buy one, there's nothing greedy about it. It's a pre-purchase of a product with extra perks for those who "invest" in a company/game early.

I get that some people have been burned on them. But that doesn't mean the concept is bad as a whole. I had a pizza take two hours to be delivered before that doesn't mean pizza delivery is a bad idea as a whole.

• harvest151harvest151 Member UncommonPosts: 217

Ref Code

EC-8O7C7WB9TTM5R